• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Pokemon Gender Nuzlocke. What ever gender your starter is is the only gender you can use (Exception: You want to use Genderless) the first Pokemon of the route is the only one you can catch, if its not the gender you are using to bad. Additional rules follow Nuzlocke ones.

We already have a challenge like that: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286280 Only difference is it's based on the gender of your character rather than your starter (which are female only 12.5% of the time) and you're not allowed genderless at all.

I have an idea for a challenge...

Sailor Moon – Pokémon Challenge

For those born in the 90's and for those who are watching the remake/reading the manga, I'm sure you're familiar with our favorite meatball/dumpling head and her sailor scouts/soldiers. For those who aren't familiar:

Sailor Moon is a shoujo series that popularized the Magical Girl genre and centers around a group of elementary/middle/high/college school females (and token male love interest) saving the world and universe from [Insert Big Bad from every season here] after having been resurrected from a war between the Earth and the Moon prior to the beginning of the actual story. All that history aside [just go on TV Tropes or Wikipedia for all the rest], this challenge will focus on you making a team based on the characters of this show.

Note: Themes for your particular senshi are allowed to be mixed and matched around so long as each Pokémon fulfill at least one requirement.

Rules:
- No hacks (unless fully complete with an E4 and everything), no Game sharking/Action Replaying/RNG'ing
- For those playing on games prior to 6th gen, you may apply the fairy rule to all confirmed new typings, so Mr. Mime, etc. are allowed to be on your team even if the typing doesn't match for that particular generation.
- I highly recommend playing this on generations 2-6 (including remakes) for the following types/features: steel, dark, fairy, babies, genders
- You are allowed to have HM slaves as required for progression purposes

Name: Sooyun
Game: X
Senshi: Chibi Moon

Spoiler:

Years
Here, I have an idea for a challenge! I will be participating in it, but I want to make sure it's good, and that people would actually play it.

So basically, I'll work out a large group of themes associated with numbers, probaly from 1-50 or 1-75, maybe even to a hundred. The challenger must use a number randomizer (I know a few decent ones, I'll put a link to one within the possible thread) and whatever number they get, they must use the theme associated with that number!

Problem is, I don't have enough time or imagination to work out so many themes. Only flaw I've found so far.
FYI, there is a challenge similar to this, the Themed Challenge.

It is a nice idea, but there are a lot of "themed" challenges that have come and gone and not all have been too successful. Before you go any further, I would suggest bringing down the number of themes because thinking of at least 50 is a challenge in itself. It could work with time and effort put in, it actually starts to sound more fun the more I think about it. I'm sure it could work if you thought about it carefully. Remember, were always here to help if it is needed. Something you need to remember is the responsibility you take on as a thread owner here; it is better if you are able to frequently update the thread (every few days), answer members questions etc. so the challenge is able to keep going. Just thought I should let you know since you are a fairly new member.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Alright. I'll add that it to optional and say it ends with the Champ. So does that mean after I add the changes and make a Sign up sheet, I can post it?

Of course!

Pokemon Gender Nuzlocke. What ever gender your starter is is the only gender you can use (Exception: You want to use Genderless) the first Pokemon of the route is the only one you can catch, if its not the gender you are using to bad. Additional rules follow Nuzlocke ones.

Pokemon Gender Nuzlocke.

what did i just get done saying......................

But yeah, we already have Gender Discrimination, which without even being a locke variant, it's pretty difficult, especially if you choose female.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Of course!

what did i just get done saying......................

But yeah, we already have Gender Discrimination, which without even being a locke variant, it's pretty difficult, especially if you choose female.

Don't give yourself an ulcer, Sydian. I already posted the link to the thread. If people aren't gonna pay attention (no lockes; just make an additional rule for yourself in the nuzlocke instead of creating separate challenges - or see if there's a challenge similar already), then they might as well get ignored/unapproved if they make a thread. Beats repeating yourself over and over. BTW, look for the Sailor Moon challenge by... Friday-ish. Other than buying every outfit in Kalos, there's not much else for me to do, so I'll be starting over to do the challenge (if approved).

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Wonder Trade Challenge-
This can only be done in X/Y

-Capture 6 pokemon as soon as you can, trade them all off and for the pokemon you get in return is your team for the rest of the game.
-Enjoy

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wonder Trade Challenge-
This can only be done in X/Y

-Capture 6 pokemon as soon as you can, trade them all off and for the pokemon you get in return is your team for the rest of the game.
-Enjoy

We've been discussing this on this whole page basically...lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Rhallenge Rideas & Riscussion! [CI&D]

H...hello Pokemon world. I'm back o.o

And I'm liking the sailor moon and Wonder trade challenge. Also seeing this talk about the gender discrimination challenge makes me wanna try it :)
I'll be on my way to currently be doing 4 challenge at the same time :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wanna do Wonder Trade, but I need to make my first XY challenge the new Favorite Challenge, and Y will be my challenge game. So that's a wait.

Someone made the Plushie Challenge that I've been wanting to make forEVER and never had time for and it's so perfect and they even gave me a shout out kinda thing in the thread and I was just like OHHH MY BIRDS ARE SO PRESH ;o; I'm definitely gonna do that some time. I might do that in gen V since I only have one gen VI plushie and I just got done using it in X anyway, haha. I have a White and White 2 that are basically free for restarting since they were used on challenges that ended/I gave up on.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I forgot if you already answered this question, Syd. But work with me here :C

Are we getting an event for Christmas or something? Maybe Valentine's day instead? :C

Years
Damn, my challenge was approved and I even couldn't thanks Sydian :) So, few days late, Sydian, thank you for approval and I hope you'll enjoy my challenge...

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Evening all! \o/
Just finished re-reading tons of things on this forum and I'm still trying to catch up. I haven't even had the time to properly play my Pokemon X. (I've been re-starting it about 17 times by now...) Other than university being an ass to my free time, I've now managed to tone down IRL drama too, so I can actually spend time by playing games again. :D
Time to plan challenge ideas... (and to find someone to trade a starter or two with. Time zones hate me.)

I actually love that Sailor Moon challenge idea. <3 Much fun would be had with it and I already had trouble deciding which sort of team to make up. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Evening all! \o/
Just finished re-reading tons of things on this forum and I'm still trying to catch up. I haven't even had the time to properly play my Pokemon X. (I've been re-starting it about 17 times by now...) Other than university being an ass to my free time, I've now managed to tone down IRL drama too, so I can actually spend time by playing games again. :D
Time to plan challenge ideas... (and to find someone to trade a starter or two with. Time zones hate me.)

I actually love that Sailor Moon challenge idea. <3 Much fun would be had with it and I already had trouble deciding which sort of team to make up. :D

Welcome back, Rewy xD
I hope you remember you signed up for some of my challenges before you went MIA xD
Oh and there's a lot of new ones around too ^-^
Glad to see you back ^^

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Yeah, I do remember. ;_;
University and IRL-drama are just too cruel. And I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to play pokemon when I'm on a bad mood or falling apart. (Also to spare you all from all the rants I've had.)

I'll be catching up on things. I've only now during this week had time to catch up on any kind of game news, even though I'm on the game-dev courses in Uni.
*goes to hunt starters*

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Are we getting an event for Christmas or something? Maybe Valentine's day instead? :C

Ummm I might do a Christmas event, if we can get some ideas flowing, since I don't want to do the same things we've done before. If we don't have a Christmas event though, I will probably try to think of something for January, and if not that, I'm for sure making an Easter challenge that will go up in March, regardless of whether or not Easter is even in March next year (sometimes it's April, but for the sake of events, I'll put it in March). So yeah! Tentative schedule, of course. If you guys want a Christmas event, I'm all ears for ideas. :) I don't have anything on my mind at the moment, so it's a blank slate.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Rhallenge Rideas & Riscussion! [CI&D]

I'm all for helping you for making challenge events, Syd!
Can you fill me in in a nutshell what sort of rules the past Christmas events had to make sure we don't come up with the same ideas :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hannukah challenge. Just sayin. Something different from the usual rigamarole but still related to the season. I remember last year's was really rushed and kinda lackluster. That being said I did really want to play it, lol.

So, I have been tasked with reforming the Delta Species challenge into something that actually resembles Delta Species TCG set. The core of it will rely on a randomizer and an emulator just like the original, but with more appropriate options used for the process. I do, however, need a way to allow players who don't use emulators to play. So I was hoping some of you could help me come up with a few ideas. For those of you who don't know, Delta Species is a very unusual TCG set which contains Pokemon who are typed to the contrary of their traditional typing. Kingdra becomes fire type and such. Easy to impliment with hacking, but not as easy with carts.

Years
I have three celebrations based mostly on the artifacts and symbols of each holiday.

Christmas
(Tree Decorations)

1) Tree - Any pokemon resembling or growing tree/branches.
Exeggutor, Sudowoodo, Shiftry, Abomasnow, Torterra, Sawsbuck, Chestnaught, and Trevenant

2) Garland - Any Flower-Bearing Pokemon. Must learn Petal Dance or Petal Blizzard.
Venusaur, Bellosom, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Roserade, Cherrim, Maractus, Meganium, Vileplume, Florges, Lilligant

3) Tinsel - Any Serpetine-bodied Pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w...ody_style#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_serpentine_bodies

4) Lights - Any electric pokemon.

5) Bulb Ornaments - Any Pokémon consisting of only a head

Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Voltorb. Electrode, Koffing, Ditto, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Unown, Pineco, Forretress, Silcoon, Cascoon, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Shuppet, Glalie, Clamperl, Mismagius, Bronzor, Rotom, Whirlipede, Cottonee, Solosion, Duosion, Ferroseed, Cryogonal, Shelmet, Carbink, Klefki.

6) Angel Topper- Any fairy pokemon (Fairy type XY or fairy egg group other generations).

Kwanza
(The 7 Symbols)

1) Mazao (The Crops) - Pokemon that grow vegetation.
Exeggutor (coconuts), Sunflora (sunflower seeds) Amoongus (Mushroom), Parasect (Mushroom), Breloom (Mushroom), Tropius (Bananas), Torterra (seeds), Snover/Abomasnow, (snoverberries), Cherrim (Cherry), Gourgeist (Pumpkin), Chestnaught (Chestnuts).

2) Kinara (The Candles Holders) - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magcargo, Magmortar, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, Chandelure.

3) Mkeka (The Mat) - Greninja (Mat Block)
Previous gens, any pokemon that learns reflect, barrier, or light screen by level-up.

4) Bendera (The flag) - Yanmega, Basculin, Flygon, Xatu, Cradily, Reuniclus, Siglyph, Tyranitar, Vivillion (Archipelago and Garden Patterns), Gogoat, Florges (Red), Hawlucha, and Trevenant. (Have a red, green, black component to color palette.)

5) Zawadi (The Gifts) - Gift Pokemon, gifted fossil, or in-game trade.

6) Kikombe cha Umoja - (The Unity Cup) - Pokemon must have the ability rain dish, sap sipper, or hydration.

Hanukkah
(Festival of Lights)

1) Menora - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magmortar, Magcargo, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, and Chandelure.

2) Dreidel - Pokemon must learn Rapid Spin or Triple kick.

3) Star of David - Starmie, Crawdaunt, Solrock, Luxray, Volcarona, Geninja, Furfrou (Star Trim Only)
Must learn either swift, cosmic power, sunny day, flash, or water shuriken

4) Jelly-Filled Doughnuts - Exeggutor (eggs), Chansey/Blissey (eggs), Togetic/Togekiss (Eggs), Miltank (milk), Ludicolo (fruit), Tropius (fruit), Cherrim (fruit), Snover/Abomasnow (fruit), Vanilluxe (Cream), Slurpuff (Sugar), Gogoat (milk drink)

5) All work is forbidden - One pokemon must learn rest or slack-off by level-up/breeding.

6) Blue and White/Silver - Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Poliwrath, Lapras, Kingdra, Jumpluff, Azumarill, Gyarados, Dragonair, Vaporeon, Heracross, Swanna, Medite, Pelipper, Glalie, Altaria, Wailord, Walrein, Rampardos, Lucario, Samurott, Crygonal, Simipour, Jellicent (male), Beartic, Swoobat, Vanilluxe, Froslass, Pachirisu, Meowstic, Greninja, Aurorus,

Some of these examples are loosely based on concept. For example, Staryu/Starmie (barring legendaries such as Jirachi), are the only star pokemon. However, the other pokemon listed have a star design or are based on the sun (a star) or constellations. Allowing for the participant to be able to participate in a challenge using the game version of their choice. Otherwise, the challenge would be too restrictive and everyone would be using the same pokemon.

Also, I tried doing this quickly, so I didn't get all of the pre-evolution options up here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
1) Mazao (The Crops) - Pokemon that grow vegetation.
Exeggutor (coconuts), Sunflora (sunflower seeds) Amoongus (Mushroom), Parasect (Mushroom), Breloom (Mushroom), Tropius (Bananas), Cherrim (Cherry), Gourgeist (Pumpkin), Chestnaught (Chestnuts).

Grotle and Torterra grow seeds on the vegetation on their backs and Snover grow berries on their body(at least acording to the anime >.>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back