• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
So its probably been answered already, but what determines whether you get a legendary bird or beast? I already have Articuno, and just savestated in an encounter against raikou.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Is there a Pokemon Location FAQ or something for this game? I don't care about spending a bit of time in a patch of grass because after a couple minutes I already knew like 5 Pokes that are in there BUT my Doduo gained 4 levels before I found 1 Abra. So it would be nice for rare Pokemon.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Is there a Pokemon Location FAQ or something for this game? I don't care about spending a bit of time in a patch of grass because after a couple minutes I already knew like 5 Pokes that are in there BUT my Doduo gained 4 levels before I found 1 Abra. So it would be nice for rare Pokemon.

As far as I remember there's nothing massively rare that you don't see another trainer use, so just check the Pokedex. Unless there's some certain Pokemon you're after?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
The seven hidden items are

GoldEgg
RubyEgg
EmeraldEgg
PrismKey
SilverEgg
CrystalEgg
SapphireEgg

which you're supposed to transfer to your Prism game in order to use them.

If that's the case, then what's the point of

Pearl
RareBone
Mushroom
BrickPiece x2
GoldLeaf
Stardust
PP Up (Different than PP UP, because when you try to use it it gives you the same message as the above items)

Since there's more than one, are you supposed to build something with the BrickPieces?

I wish there was an Itemfinder in the game.

Why is there mention of a Ho-Oh/Lugia spaceship earlier in the thread? I got mine from a Rocket grunt.

Is there any point to Route 67? That's the road that you get by entering a building about halfway up the road where all your badges get checked. You enter this big building come out from it, and there's just a bunch of empty space. There's a cave but it's blocked off.

SiegHart said:
the coronet stone is to evolve magneton
magmarizer is to evolve magmar
electrizer is to evolve electabuzz
upgrade is to evolve porygon to porygon2 then the disk thingy from final dungeon is to evolve it to porygon-z
there are two king rocks and two metal coats so you can get politoed, slowking, scizor, and steelix
there are 2 dusk stones (one for misdreavus and one for murkrow i think)
shiny stone is for togetic to evolve
there are only 2 fossils as far as i can tell
red, blue, and green orbs are given to a lil girl on top of the market in Hayward City

This is a good list except he forgot the Protector for Rhydon, the Dragon Scale for Seadra, and the Razor Fang for Gligar. That and the earlier post in the thread explaining how to get Hitmontop and all of the Eevees I think sums up all the Pokemon that you can't catch in the wild but can still get without trading. For some of the Pokemon that you have to trade to evolve you can use a trade stone, which AFAIK there's four of.

As for the 4 new types Gas, Abnormal, Wind, and Sound the only changes I'm aware of are that the Gastly family is changed from Ghost/Poison to Ghost/Gas, Koffing/Weezing are now Gas, and the Porygon family are now Abnormal. I'm also guessing that Sonicboom is a Sound move and Gust is a Wind move. I couldn't find any documentation on this unfortunately since the game doesn't let you know what elemental type moves are.

The TM list is based off of Generation I with some changes. TM 01 is now DynamicPunch. HM 05 (Flash) is eliminated but the rest of the TM's are the same. Some Generation II moves like Octazooka, Aeroblast, and Wood Hammer are now TM's but I don't know what they replace off the top of my head. Coolboyman has also made some changes as to which Pokemon can use which TM.

I've been experimenting with the Walk through Walls cheat. If you try to enter the day care center in Johto you end up going into the sub-basement of the Silph Co warehouse that has a bunch of items and wild Pokemon.

Too bad I didn't find this game a year and a half earlier. It would've have been neat to have my team in Prism.

Last edited:

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
@Above: You forgot that Tri Attack is a Tri type :)
I think there was a patch for brown/prism on the first page that allowed you to trade between games. I could be wrong (could be GSC to Brown)

EDIT: Ok it was GSC to brown. Try Brown -> GSC -> Prism? (Unless you have 4th gen pokemon :P)

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
is there any "written walk-trough" of POKEMON BROWN? .. i just find videos.. if someone knows of something like that.. thanks for the attention :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
@Above: You forgot that Tri Attack is a Tri type :)
I think there was a patch for brown/prism on the first page that allowed you to trade between games. I could be wrong (could be GSC to Brown)

EDIT: Ok it was GSC to brown. Try Brown -> GSC -> Prism? (Unless you have 4th gen pokemon :P)

I also forgot the Wood type, with Wood Hammer as a move from a TM you can get at the Game Corner. If I remember correctly it's also an item you find somewhere.

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
How rare is this darn Clefairy??? I've been VBA speedboosting for hours now running back and forth and running from wild pokemon in a flash and still no luck...

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
How rare is this darn Clefairy??? I've been VBA speedboosting for hours now running back and forth and running from wild pokemon in a flash and still no luck...
It sounds like you're trying to encounter a wild Clefairy somewhere, am I right ? If so, here are the encounter rates in each area for pokemon that appear.

Spoiler:

So, unless Koolboyman changed the rates (which is unlikely), Clefairy should be found (as a wild pokemon) with a chance of 1% (at least) so just keep searching for it. Besides, if Koolboyman did somehow change the encounter rates, my logic says that Clefairy should still be found with the possibility of at least 1/255 = 0,39% (which would take some time).

Then again, do you know you're looking for it in the right place ?

Also, FF is the biggest possible byte which converts to 255 in decimal system. That's where that number comes from.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
gameboy color

i am using a smart cart and i put pokemon brown on it, all the sprites are messed up and it isnt the cartridge all my other games work fine, all the sprites in the game are messed up and have lines going through them, is there any way to fix this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
I cant find clafairy ??... where is it at ?.. i searched in merson cave n it doesnt showed up

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 1, 2016
how do i get the color to work on it

Please how do i get color in it?

how do i get color???????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Espeonage

Ninja Espeon
Years
I think I've missed a gym or two. I'm currently sitting about to face the third trainer of the gym in your home town. This is my third gym. I think it's psychic. I managed to beat a couple of the gym trainers but their levels are amazingly high, ~40 and the second gym the gym leader's highest was 21. What gym(s) have I missed?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
how do i get the color to work on it

Please how do i get color in it?

how do i get color???????????????????????????????????????
Patience please. Also no offense but the multi ? marks and multiple posts with the same question can get VERY annoying. Rename your file ".gb" to "sgb" and edit the settings on your emulator.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
this game doesnt make any sense..

my charmander wont obey??
my cubone level 20.. only knows growl????

should i even continue playing the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back