• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
What save type do mobile gba emulators save in, specifically GameBoid on Android? I'd really hate to run into the 'not-in-flash-128k' save problem.

Sazandora

bleh
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Well so far as i know WATERFALL was always a Physical based attack...

Nope, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen had a thing where the move would be physical/special depending on its type. Water moves were always special, and Normal moves were always physical, for example. And as it is a hack of a 3rd gen game, Waterfall is special.

I'm pretty sure they haven't found a way to incorporate 4th gen's physical/special split into hacks yet, although I may be wrong.

EDIT: Yes I am wrong.
LC will have the physical/special split from 4th gen.

Last edited:

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
What save type do mobile gba emulators save in, specifically GameBoid on Android? I'd really hate to run into the 'not-in-flash-128k' save problem.

You can actually change gameboids save type to flash 128k so either way, you're cool.

And LaZ, can you just clarify on the physical/special split? I've heard yes, I've heard no, but in the end it just matters to what you say.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2012
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to download this for a Android emulator?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to download this for a Android emulator?

Same way, just patch your ROM, and drag that patched ROM to your phone and play with an emulator of your choice, I use Gameboid.

--

Also guys, we pushed the release back to 2013. I can't work on this with university. Thought we'd take a year out to punish you all.

I joke.

The release will still go as scheduled and we've made a lot of improvements to the ROM. LaZ says she cannot wait to release this on Christmas day (which is also my birthday). Thanks for the support!

Years
Same way, just patch your ROM, and drag that patched ROM to your phone and play with an emulator of your choice, I use Gameboid.

--

Also guys, we pushed the release back to 2013. I can't work on this with university. Thought we'd take a year out to punish you all.

I joke.

The release will still go as scheduled and we've made a lot of improvements to the ROM. LaZ says she cannot wait to release this on Christmas day (which is also my birthday). Thanks for the support!

Yes Advance Happy Birthday and a nice joke...

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
Im sooooo looking forward to this! Good work guys
I can't believe someone is actually using the Liquid Crystal fan art I made like two years go.

B3.1 is a lot better than 2.1, so many more twists and turns and side quests. My pokes were in the 80s before I finished. Only four more days!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I was bored, so yeah...

LiquidCrystalBanner-1.gif

HTML:
[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/LiquidCrystalBanner-1.gif[/IMG]

Just a way to show my support to this hack/mod~! ;)

minochet

Attack And Assault Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
Happy birthday and can't wait on the release.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You can actually change gameboids save type to flash 128k so either way, you're cool.

And LaZ, can you just clarify on the physical/special split? I've heard yes, I've heard no, but in the end it just matters to what you say.
I don't believe it's EVER going to be possible, at least not in 3rd gen games. That is unless they release a new hacking tool specifically for this.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years

Yep it's in. 4th gen special/physical split.

I was bored, so yeah...

LiquidCrystalBanner-1.gif

HTML:
[IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/destinedjagold/LiquidCrystalBanner-1.gif[/IMG]

Just a way to show my support to this hack/mod~! ;)

Nice work :) Long time no see ;)

I dont think it is possible as well, but then i saw this:

I just wish LaZ would confirm this.

It's possible, and it's in haha.

UPDATE: Been working hard on stuff ready for a release. We have a few graphics left to insert and some bugs to iron out then things are good. I can pretty much say we are on track for now. I'm just hoping something huge doesn't appear like in previous releases (the evolution bug from 2.0, for instance).

Link

Years
So Falkner has a level 15 Pidgeotto now? I'm guessing the trainers at the beginning including Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata will have there Pokemon raised to around level 5-8. Oh and will gym leaders like Bugsy and Whitney have more Pokemon, because it seems that some of the gym leaders are missing there Pokemon. Oh and are the gym leader rematches still in the gyms or were they moved?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
So Falkner has a level 15 Pidgeotto now? I'm guessing the trainers at the beginning including Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata will have there Pokemon raised to around level 5-8. Oh and will gym leaders like Bugsy and Whitney have more Pokemon, because it seems that some of the gym leaders are missing there Pokemon. Oh and are the gym leader rematches still in the gyms or were they moved?

Falkner has level 17 Pidgeotto actually, and the first younger has level 9. Might put it in perspective for the beginning.

blue

gucci
Years
Can't wait to play this in 3/4 days!

I haven't downloaded 2.1 yet but that's because I'm waiting for 3.1, I want to experience 3.1 in full!

Last edited:
Back