• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ooh, MJ. I'm partial to a bit of 'Earth Song'. It's complete cheese and the music video is just designed to be the most unsubtle bit of environmental activism ever, but goshdarnit if I don't get caught up in the song every time I listen to it. I don't know how good it is in terms of the rest of his back-catalogue, but it's the one I'd listen to over all of the others. (Slightly over 'Black or White', but that's the only one that comes close, to be honest.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm a bit boring but for me it has to be Thriller, that video is just wonderful. He made countless outstanding tracks in his time but that's the one which has always stood out most for me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For some reason hearing his name ALWAYS brings up PYT for me. Without fail. None of his other songs.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I heard the cover by Alien Ant Farm first and now that's the only one I like. :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah when I finally heard the original I was like "PSHHH THIS IS SO SLOW."

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I know right. But MJ's dancing in the original completely makes up for all the stuff that's better in the cover, imo.

Ooh? So I should go watch the music video sometime then? Maybe after class!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm back! Ooh, we're still on the MJ topic! Awesomee. xD I remember very clearly when I first watched Triller's music video. I got kinda freaked out when MJ turned into that werewolf back then. :P

Went out to look for Chinese New Year decorations just now, but to no avail. :c There were some decorations here and there, but they weren't what I wanted. Looks like I'll have to get them from my aunt. She knows where exactly to find the best ones. xD

Btw, does anyone here celebrate CNY? :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't like the Smooth Criminal video since his dancing defies physics :( But the song is very cool haha.

What's CNY? Can't say I've heard of it!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I don't know, but I just never caught on the MJ bandwagon. Must be the non-conformist in me.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
@Ozzy: CNY's short for Chinese New Year, as I've mentioned in my previous post. :3 It's one of the most widely celebrated festivals in my country. Right now, I'm hearing firecrackers going off near my house!

MJ, the King of Pop? I'd say that title fits him like the perfect size of a shoe. (Not a very good simile, but it goes!) xD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
But that's what makes the dancing so awesome! Physics-defying is a good thing, imo.

This is absolutely true. I won a dance-til-you-drop competition last month, beating the President of the Dance Club in a dance-off after 4 hours of dancing. I was like, "How did that just happen. It defies reality." And that's just what dance is.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Speaking of Michael Jackson, I've always been practicing his dance moves when I was like 11 so I've been performing a lot until I hit 17, that's when I stopped doing different kinds of dances and focused on martial arts :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back