• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Keldeo Event

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I WISH most of the events in America were given out via Wi-Fi.
Well, as far as this year goes, most are. The first that wasn't was the WJC Larvitar (that one would be of interest to me if someone wants to clone it, but this is going off-topic), and Keldeo is the second. For all I know, there could be an unannounced one available only at the World Championships in Hawaii that we don't know about yet.

Cyclone

Orrun

Pokemon (Event) Collector
Years
Awesome news!

But ugh why does it have to start on the day I have to go back to college UGHH!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If the event does come to Australia (which it'd better), I wonder which store will be running it. I hope it'll be Gametraders.

Ugh no I have never seen one of those stores in my life. EB Games, please. Siiince Gamestop and EB Games are linked so it'd most likely be there.

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
If the event does come to Australia (which it'd better), I wonder which store will be running it. I hope it'll be Gametraders.

Would be much better if it was at every game store :P
One can dream...

... Actually, no, that's not true.
Would be much better if it was a Wi-Fi event.

And even better would be Wi-Fi event + in-store event.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If it's going to be in Australia I hope it's going to be at the end of this year when I go there on vacation XD

Why can't they have a world wide wifi event :(
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. For Wifi-based events, the version of the cart. determines whether you get the event, correct? If you buy the game while in Germany then see Wifi releases in America, you can't collect them?

It then makes me wonder whether Gamestop exclusives would be downloadable directly. You can still collect a clone, granted.

Cyclone

Years
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. For Wifi-based events, the version of the cart. determines whether you get the event, correct? If you buy the game while in Germany then see Wifi releases in America, you can't collect them?

It then makes me wonder whether Gamestop exclusives would be downloadable directly. You can still collect a clone, granted.

Cyclone
Whoa, that's cool! How do I check which region is my cart from?

Mikoliah

The Living Legend
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
I am getting jipped.

I JUST moved to Japan, so I left before this event took place in the States.

And there is no way I can do the Japan event here. At Least not without buying a movie ticket to something I wouldnt be able to watch.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Whoa, that's cool! How do I check which region is my cart from?
I don't have the answer to that. However, the title of the game is a good indication, as it could very well have the German word for Black (schwarz) or White (weiß).

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm definitely looking forward to having Keldeo on my B2 team early on! <3 This is exactly what I wanted!
But I really do hope the event is extended outside of the US...it seems so silly and pointless that major events like this wouldn't occur in the countries that the game is distributed to...

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I've been waiting so long to get Keldeo on my BW games. I will definitely be picking up one for each game. :D

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
HOPEFULLY our EB Games will be doing the distribution, but if not, I might have to find a distribution rom image and download the Pokemon that way. It's still legit :P

Or you could edit the current Liberty Pass rom.

Distribution carts from Gamestop have always been dumped in the past anyway, so I would expect this one to be too.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
This is from Serebii. First thing I do when I wake up is Check PokeNews XD

Ok so Keldeo will be done through B/W so we won't get a Keldeo Event for B2W2...Sadness....also how do they plan on doing Gamestop distributions when Nintendo removed all of the DS systems that the stores were using to distribute these? XD

Umm. I thought that the DS XL was the next project. Tho im sure they are coming up with the new thing to eliminate DS

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
September 15? I was looking forward to getting it in 4 days.

Cyclone

Back