• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Homework Help & Discussions Thread.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Can you guys help me with a couple of logic tree problems?

1. Is ∀x(ƎyBy → Bx) logically equivalent to ƎyBy → ∀xBx?

2. Is this argument valid or invalid?

∀x(Px → Wx)
Ǝy(Wy Λ Ny)
∀x(Nx → Rx)

3. Is this valid or invalid?

∀x∀y (Rxy → ¬Ryx)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
If application is still open for this, I'd like to apply.

Name: berlyda
Grade Level: 4th year at university (I think the US equivalent is senior at college?) studying mathematics
Specialty Subjects: Mathematics, German (more or less fluent), physics, philosophy, linguistics, chemistry
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I love helping people and spreading knowledge :)

(If my application is approved I can help you with your question, Silais, although I don't suppose it's any use to you anymore :P)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I should of seen this earlier.... I am terrible at algebra 2..... especially at finding zeros with polynomials and fraction stuff... and I am trying to learn Japanese... not exactly helpful in school but ig it could help with something weird popping up in technology.

in math.... describing the end behaviour of the function [P(x) =x^3+6x^2+5x-12] what is the end behaviour?

Years
I'd like to apply as well.

Name: Bandish
Grade Level: Final Year Mechanical Engineering student
Specialty Subjects: Basic Physics, Biology, Maths and Stats, Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Design
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I have a lot of free time.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
I'd like to apply!

Name: Kendra
Grade Level: 11 (I take many college level and advanced classes)
Specialty Subjects: physics, math, basic French, speech & debate
Why do you want to be a PC Professor?: I've always had a passion for learning and understanding and I'd like to help share my passion by helping people who may need help understanding a topic they are learning about. Also, I feel good inside whenever I am capable of helping someone, and I think I have a sufficient understanding of my specialty subjects to help those who are at an equal or lower grade level than I am.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Oh, thank you, just have a lot of trouble with math nowadays :/ It's become complicated and clear as mud to me.

Alternatively, you can graph the function and visually observe it's ends if you can't seem to remember them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm looking for sources for my research paper on bullying/violence in schools. As of right now, I'm going to make my focus of the paper on suicides brought on by bullying of homosexuals students in school (even though that's usually high school and my major is elementary...whatevs).

I'm not asking for people to find the sources for me, but I'm just looking for any stories anyone recalls of this happening, or anything on bullying really, in case I take my ideas into another focus. Again, you don't have to link me, I just need titles basically so that I can do the searching and reading myself. I've been going through D&D since I remember at one point, there were an abundance of those kinds of threads. It's just that I can't remember the school systems, the names, the states, etc. I'd appreciate any jumpstart really.

Years
The biggest district here in Minnesota had some serious issues on this matter a few years back. District name is Anoka-Hennepin (iirc, it covers 3 suburban cities as well as parts of 10 other suburban cities and has a district-wide enrollment of somewhere between 40,000 and 50,000). "minnesota gay bullying instances" is the search term I used, and from a Google search it brings up several stories related to the district and bullying of all kinds, particularly gay bullying. If you want to search the local major newspapers and local news stations for their stories about the incidences tied to this district, let me know, and I'll give you the names of the local outlets. They should have individual stories on the multiple cases that occurred within this particular district, and possibly a few others that might have happened but didn't get as much coverage due to not happening in such a large school district - the only ones that come to my mind right now are all tied to the Anoka-Hennepin District.

There's also plenty of potential general bullying stories that may have happened that aren't coming to my mind as well.

EDIT: I may have found another story under the search term "Minnesota bullying instances".

Years
I'd personally look into how figure skaters are stereotyped, for example. Because of Winter Olympics, it'll probably be more common to find those articles now.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Does anyone understand note cards for research papers? Like how they're supposed to work and be done? The way they were explained to me is that they need to be so detailed that you could put them together and practically have your paper...and I mean, I think that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Like why not just write the paper? What's the point of the cards? I digress. I need to work on them tomorrow, so if someone could maybe explain them better than the way I've read and was told, that would be great. I really have no clue what I'm trying to do here. lol

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Does anyone understand note cards for research papers? Like how they're supposed to work and be done? The way they were explained to me is that they need to be so detailed that you could put them together and practically have your paper...and I mean, I think that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Like why not just write the paper? What's the point of the cards? I digress. I need to work on them tomorrow, so if someone could maybe explain them better than the way I've read and was told, that would be great. I really have no clue what I'm trying to do here. lol

To keep all your information organized with its proper source. Colored notecards work really well with this - each color is from one source, so all your info from that source is written on the designated color.

Really, it's just to make sure that you didn't forget any sources and to keep your information nice and tidy and all together. Being able to write your whole paper just from your note cards is perhaps a bit extreme, but they should be very detailed. If you do them well, they're a very big help in the grand scheme of writing your paper and don't require you to have to flip through internet pages and books to know what information you're looking for.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I actually have no idea why you don't just write it, haha. In my History class they make us use "notecards" too and we have to use this online tool that links the notecards to sources, so I guess for us they just want us to put quotes from the articles/sources along with our ideas. I guess for us its so we can tie our ideas into the sources we use really easily since the notecards + bibliographies are both online on the same website, but I'm not entirely sure if that's standard everywhere. Also, this is just highschool, so idk if it's different in college ;~; Hope that made some sense. I don't really understand why we don't just make an outline first instead of these haha.

edit; Oops, ninja'd.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Doing some chemistry right now (organic, though I don't think that's relevant). And the concept of the molar equivalent is eluding me. Basically I'm given a reaction, and reagents in specific amounts, so I can calculate moles, grams, whatever. But what is the molar equivalent needed? From what I've gathered, it might have to do with the molar ratios of the reaction pieces, which leads me to believe everything is one molar equivalent in a 1 : 1 : 1 : 1 reaction, but I could be completely wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
I think molar equivalent is the amount of substance that would react with a mole of something? So if you're given reagents in specific amounts, you can find the molar equivalent of one substance to another on your way of deciding which one is limiting? Why am I speaking with question marks?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I think molar equivalent is the amount of substance that would react with a mole of something? So if you're given reagents in specific amounts, you can find the molar equivalent of one substance to another on your way of deciding which one is limiting? Why am I speaking with question marks?
So I found the limiting reagent. Not sure which number(s) though, if any that I've calculated, that you're alluding to.

Spoiler:

Sorry for crappy picture. If I had to guess, I'd say .062 mol of ethanol is relevant? Or perhaps going from ethanol to the limiting reagent, p-aminobenzoic acid (which I haven't shown)?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
NEED SOME HELP

Hi guys,

My name is Breanna, I am a senior in college and my field of study at my university is marketing. I am doing a project based on loyalty to a brand, and I was assigned Pokemon. This brand particularly interests me, because I used to trade cards myself. :pink_smile:

So I need a participant willing to help me out, there will be no need to call or meet. All I need is perhaps an email, or I can interview right here on this forum. :P

I would LOVE for someone to PLEASE help me. We don't need to get the interview done today, I just need to have a participant secured for my teacher by tomorrow.

Thank you so much,
Breanna

If it persuades you further, my favorite Pokemon is Snorlax :pink_boogie:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hello, i'm Idan, i'm majoring Chemistry in highschool and i'm in freshman year.
I was sick on Monday and yadda yadda yadda i missed the first Chemistry lesson about electronegativity. I have a test next Thursday, a week from now, and i need to know what electronegativity is, by definition only. So my question, in a more simple way is:

What is the definition of electronegativity?

That is it, thank you for the person who'll answer!

Years
Hello, i'm Idan, i'm majoring Chemistry in highschool and i'm in freshman year.
I was sick on Monday and yadda yadda yadda i missed the first Chemistry lesson about electronegativity. I have a test next Thursday, a week from now, and i need to know what electronegativity is, by definition only. So my question, in a more simple way is:

What is the definition of electronegativity?

That is it, thank you for the person who'll answer!

O: I remember this from Grade 10! Electronegativity refers to an atom's tendency to attract electrons to itself.

Back