• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The weird tree attacked!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Omg that stupid tree... When I was little, I had no idea how to get past it. I was literally stuck for weeks @.@

Eventually I figured it out and when I saw that the "tree" was a pokemon, I caught it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I caught that Sudowoodo at the first time I played GSC.
I only used it a few times, at the second time I played the game.
It's been useful in my team. Well nowadays, I only catch it for the fun of it.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I did catch it of course, or I would not be able to progress further into the game.
Using Sudo was fun back then but as of now, you just need a good rock or rock/ground pokemon to fill the slot in your team imo.

Gen 4, I suppose I did use him for a bit, then put into storage until I needed him again.
More variety in the 4th generation for rock and rock/ground types.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I always catch it, just for the PokeDEX data. I never used it, though. Pure Rock types were/are too vulnerable, and Sudi doesn't really have the greatest move pool imo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I always caught it.Stupid tree was annoying in the beginning but when i used it the first time ever,i loved it.i always use sudowoodo on my team.i mean,how many rock pokemon in gsc learn rock slide without breeding?

Anszkz.DkLt

The Semi-Newb
Years
I only caught it for novelty but it went straight to my PC and never went back out..

By that time I already had rock hard rock-types from grinding them for hours on end so a wiggly-hipped disoriented-faced Pokemon doesn't have much of a place in a team of hardcore guys such as Typhlosion, Machoke, and (if I recall correctly) Graveller...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I didn't know better when I fainted it on my first playthrough on Gold, but now I'm willing to catch it on my second playthrough and its remakes.

Years
I pretty much always catch it since there's only one available but never did use it on my team since it didn't appeal much to me. Maybe one day, but certainly never have before!

tnfsf11

I thought Sudowoodo was Grass/Fighting, and it turned out to be pure rock.
because F--- Logic.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I caught it, and at the time I captured it, it was the highest level team member. That honour goes to my Flaafy right now, and I prefer Sandslash over Sudowoodo.

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
I always caught the 'weird tree' simply because it was unique. Never EVER used it. Mainly for wild pokemon on the way to the box etc.

Years
I dont remember if I caught it in Gold.

I did catch it in Silver and used it for a while before dropping it into the box.

Years
Sudowoodo is my favorite Pokemon of all time.
My first game of Gold I saw it and it looked like it was dancing, I loved it so I caught it. Had no trouble, just 2 Water Guns and Thunder Wave did the trick.
I gave it a Hard Stone, Taught it Rock Slide, Low Kick, EQ, and lucky enough, HP Grass, it wrecked everything in sight.
I just loved it when I swept the Elite 4 with my Sudowoodo and got to see it slide across the screen like it was dancing :D
Sudowoodo will always be the coolest pokemon ever to me.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I caught Sudowoodo, but unfortunately, it went straight to the PC, and wasn't used again. I think the only reason I caught it was to add its data to the pokedex.

Dragooncroft

Tomb Raider
Years
I've caught Sudowoodo during my first run, but unfortunately he's just one of those Pokemon that sits in my PC box unused. :/

It kind of makes me feel guilty now :(

Back