• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-Oh?

Lugia or Ho-Oh?

• Total voters

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
I was always a huuuuge Lugia fan girl, admittedly I do still love that pokemon to bits!

But I personally had a lot emotionally invested into the pokemon games when I was in a relationship with someone. Lame, I know. So I ended up putting my pokemon games away for a year because it just reminded me of them...

So finally I dug them out again and instead of playing my SS game I decided to open and play the HG I had laying there. I clearly wasn't going to give it to my ex and my SS still stung... I'm really glad I did? It just helped re-open the world of pokemon to me and I feel like Ho-Oh the phoenix pokemon really helped me!

Now I'm kind of a big Ho-Oh fan! I even have been collecting plushies of the pretty birdy.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
Ho-oh is superior in my opinion. I have used it in my Ubers Team for a long time. Sacred Fire also looked majestic to me. Too bad it has 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.
Lugia is okay but I was never a big fan of stall.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
lugia for sure. I have Pokemon: 2000 and i loooooovvvveeeee it. and from watching my friends battle i say lugia is a lot bulkier and can still deal as much damage as ho oh if used right.. so its lugia for me (i was never into competitive battling)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've always liked Lugia ever since I watched the second Pokemon movie. I didn't even know what Ho-oh even was until a few years later when I got back into Pokemon. Plus I think Lugia has a more appealing design and I like Aeroblast more than Sacred Fire.

Back