• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First OU Team

Years
Well, this is my first competitive battling team.... It hasn't been made yet, I mean, I've got a majority of the Pokemon but they're Lv.1 :P. Anyways, here's the team I'm hoping to make.

Lead: Politoed @Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Drizzle
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Scald
Toxic
Perish Song
Protect

Skarmory @Rocky Helmet
Nature: Bold
Ability: Sturdy
252 HP/232 Def/24 Spe

Roost
Spikes
Whirlwind
Brave Bird

Swampert @Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Torrent
172 HP/252 Atk/84 Spe

Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Superpower

Volcarona @Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flame Body
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe

Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Hurricane
Fire Blast

Blissey @Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Wish
Protect
Stealth Rock
Toxic

Tentacruel @Leftovers
Ability Rain Dish
252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Scald
Protect

So... Yeah. Switch around the natures, EV's movesets... Whatever you think will be more effective and I'll get into that. As you can see, this is somewhat of a Rain Stall Team.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Politoed's nature and EV spread don't match up. Use a Bold nature with a physically defensive spread or a Calm nature with a specially defensive spread.

While Rocky Helmet has its merits, Skarmory is still better with Leftovers because the passive recovery usually helps.

Blissey is complete Taunt bait with its current set. Use Seismic Toss over Stealth Rock because Skarmory already provides your hazards.

You can consider Gastrodon over Swampert because of its utility with Storm Drain:
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Sassy/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain

or
-Surf
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Grass)/Recover
Nature: Modest
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 SDef
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain

Years
Can I help out too?

Tentacruel's set, nature, EVs, item and ability are perfect. No change needed although you can consider Ice Beam over Protect if you need a Dragon counter.

Swampert is in a lower tier and I might recommend something to you to use instead.

Why not try Haxorus? It hits really hard with that strong Attack stat.

I recommend you try this set if you are thinking of using one:

Adamant nature
Choice Band
Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP, 252 Attack, 220 Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop / Dragon Claw

Choice Band is one of Haxorus' best friends as far as items go, boosting that Attack stat to 648. Very few can counter this beast cos they often find themselves getting 2HKO'd. Outrage will serve as your main attack, with Earthquake and Brick Break to get around Steel-types. Brick Break can help with countering Ferrothorn. Dragon Claw can serve as a backup if you don't like getting locked into Outrage. This EV set is to ensure it maximizes Attack while outpacing Dragonite, Rotom Wash and Heatran.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
Personally I prefer a MoxieMence over Haxorus. The advantage in speed is important, the better movepool is great, and the difference in Attack is negligible after 1 KO.

Something like:

Salamence @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant/Jolly (or Naughty if you want FB hitting for better power)

Outrage
Brick Break/Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Last edited:
Years
I mean like, Swampert has a pretty good base ATK stat, and I just wanted to try that out because it's often overlooked, I wanted to see how good a uncommon team like this will do. And I'm not really digging Blissey anymore.... So maybe I was thinking using Toxicroak over Blissey? Also, remember guys, I have to work with the things I have right now. I only have 1 Leftovers so I've been trying to use other options for items on some Pokemon... Heck, some of the Pokemon I have listed, I dont have right now... I can get them, but I don't have them just yet. But Tentacruel may be replaced with a Starmie. I still need to find a way to get Drizzle Politoed... I may have to hatch Volcarona eggs on my own because the Volcarona I'm receiving may have the wrong EV's. Ya know, I just thought Swampert would benefit from Politoed's rain and with his high attack stat I thought he would be able to dish out alot of damage. But if not, I could switch him out for Haxorus. But then, there would be no purpose for rain. I would have to make a whole other team. I've spent so much time breeding for this Adamant Mudkip. But, if this is what it takes, then I'm up for it. If I have to make another team, I've got one in mind. Maybe I could just make a standard OU team. Consisting of pokemon such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, T-Tar, and Skarmory. I could maybe fit a Haxorus in there. But I'm afraid the Sandstorm damage might give him problems due to his frailness already. I might have to do some recalculating. :P I don't use AR's and Pokesav like other people so I have to do all of this manually and it takes alot of time.

inb4;tldr - I'm probably going to have to make a new team.

Back