• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
Years
EDIT: For those of you who are interested, here's a list of wild Pokémon locations: http://mirageoftales.webs.com/pokemon-locations

Special event and career-exclusive Pokémon aren't listed, and the site itself has nothing else on it, but in case anyone might find it useful =P

Yeah you rock!

You know, I was making the map of your game I mean a whole picture. I stopped because of the graphics update.
But I think I might take back the job when version 3 will be out.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Ok so i literally joined today and well i really like the looks of this game.. question is it built for computers or gameboys? because i dont have a gameboy and i dont know how to do this shtuff.
i saw someone playing ur game :3

lowkey1202

Unofficial Game Tester
Years
  • Age 11
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Ok so i literally joined today and well i really like the looks of this game.. question is it built for computers or gameboys? because i dont have a gameboy and i dont know how to do this shtuff.
i saw someone playing ur game :3

you can play most pokemon hack and roms via Windows/DOS
Unix/Linux
BeOS
Macintosh
Amiga
Consoles
Java
Palm OS
Pocket PC
Windows Mobile Smartphone
iOS (iPhone/iPod Touch)
Android

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen May 25, 2015
HEEEELP PLS ;-; i dowloaded it, and changed the archive to .gba but the game freezes on a white screen !!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[EDIT] I wanna be a Gym leader xD so i wanna play this hack :/ i tried everything ! nothing worked, anyone else is having this problem?1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[EDIT 2] OOOhhh its a patch? can someone send me a patched version? i dont know how to do these things :s

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edit 3] Nevermind, just patched it, :3 time to be the very best xD

Er... i dont get it, how do i become a gym leader?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
HEEEELP PLS ;-; i dowloaded it, and changed the archive to .gba but the game freezes on a white screen !!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[EDIT] I wanna be a Gym leader xD so i wanna play this hack :/ i tried everything ! nothing worked, anyone else is having this problem?1

[EDIT 2] OOOhhh its a patch? can someone send me a patched version? i dont know how to do these things :s

[Edit 3] Nevermind, just patched it, :3 time to be the very best xD

The Gym Leader Side-Career isn't actually available in Version 2 because you can't battle the final Gym Leader yet. Unfortunately I can't make any promises about how far it'll progress for V3, since I have so much else to do, but it will be started at the very least =) It was never intended to be a full-on Career like the main four, because it's essentially a mono-type challenge, which if I did that for the whole game would get pretty boring =P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
@avaramoon , i hope you can release the full version . im stuck at the water gym , because i cant find the water license . and i love your game very much :D ! Gambateh!!!!>//<

The Surf License you can get at Spring Stream when you reach the end of Tanzite Tunnel =)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
With all do respect to you Avaramoon! This has to be one of thee best hacks I've played! :D can't wait till fully complete!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Jesus christ does this game even have a map? I cant find it. I don't even know where to go sometimes, i just talk to everyone i can possible talk to. I even started to write down every location name and make my own hand made map just so i dont get lost anymore

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
With all do respect to you Avaramoon! This has to be one of thee best hacks I've played! :D can't wait till fully complete!!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Feel free to come and ask questions if you get stuck =)

Jesus christ does this game even have a map? I cant find it. I don't even know where to go sometimes, i just talk to everyone i can possible talk to. I even started to write down every location name and make my own hand made map just so i dont get lost anymore

I know it's annoying to play without a world-map, but it's actually extremely difficult to insert a new custom world map, or at least for me it is. I have tried really hard lots of times to do it but I just can't get the hold of it... so... I didn't want to give the player a world map at any point in the game because it's be useless, seeing as it's still the kanto map, and thought it would confuse people even more. Don't really know what else to say to this, lol =P

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Alright, ignoring the navigation problems, i think you've done a pretty good job so far. I was really interested in how the career system would play out, and i think it gives this hack some replayability factor.

The only suggestion i have so far is to add a menu to keep track of the tasks you are doing at the moment, it's really hard to remember that you have to go deliver moomoo milk at baboobadaba town and go talk to some guy at another distant place, unless you're like me and you open a notepad and write that stuff down...

Also how much of this hack is still left to be made?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Alright, ignoring the navigation problems, i think you've done a pretty good job so far. I was really interested in how the career system would play out, and i think it gives this hack some replayability factor.

The only suggestion i have so far is to add a menu to keep track of the tasks you are doing at the moment, it's really hard to remember that you have to go deliver moomoo milk at baboobadaba town and go talk to some guy at another distant place, unless you're like me and you open a notepad and write that stuff down...

Also how much of this hack is still left to be made?

A menu that shows you what task you are doing to keep track of your missions believe me is something I thought of before and would really want to do, but that's even more difficult than the world map - it would involve ASM which is pretty much the most difficult aspect of hacking which I know nothing about, lol.
One time I did attempt a script that would be able to tell you that stuff, but with the amount of different choice branching with Alignments and Careers and everything having a different outcome I have enough on my plate trying to get all of that to work properly without interconnecting with each other already haha.

More than half the game is still to be made. =P

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Oh by the way, where do i have to go after joining the seekers? i remember them giving me a mission to go do something about lord grey , where do i go to complete that?

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
It's an outstanding hack. It's developing nicely, just needs more legendaries and in my opinion more storyline. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It's an outstanding hack. It's developing nicely, just needs more legendaries and in my opinion more storyline. Keep up the good work!

I have literally no idea what you mean by "more storyline"... the story is pretty prominent, there are whole cutscenes dedicated to story progression alone, or have I misunderstood what you meant =P
I don't want to include every single legendary, but there will be a few more than just the legendry dogs/birds =)

Bulbadon

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I have literally no idea what you mean by "more storyline"... the story is pretty prominent, there are whole cutscenes dedicated to story progression alone, or have I misunderstood what you meant =P
I don't want to include every single legendary, but there will be a few more than just the legendry dogs/birds =)

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but what I meant was in my opinion there should be more events because in some places the game doesn't guide you like during the 8th gym leader Troy. You can't find him anywhere when you are about to challenge him and as a Seeker when you find the Pokemon for Aries he gives you the Canal Ticket to Finagold Terrace, you are not told how to get there and what to do next and the map is a little bit complicated but I am sure this will be fixed in the next betas or what they are called. The events might even be in the game in finding the gym leader and the Finagold Terrace but I haven't found it but I just wanted to comment on what I think. Thanks.
-Bulbadon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough but what I meant was in my opinion there should be more events because in some places the game doesn't guide you like during the 8th gym leader Troy. You can't find him anywhere when you are about to challenge him and as a Seeker when you find the Pokemon for Aries he gives you the Canal Ticket to Finagold Terrace, you are not told how to get there and what to do next and the map is a little bit complicated but I am sure this will be fixed in the next betas or what they are called. The events might even be in the game in finding the gym leader and the Finagold Terrace but I haven't found it but I just wanted to comment on what I think. Thanks.
-Bulbadon

Sorry if my message sounded really negatively-toned, I was in a hurry writing it so in trying to keep it short it came across a little blunt! I can kind of guess what you mean now about the navigation but then again a lot of that comes down to not having a custom world-map =( haha.
The Lethean Aqueduct is just south of Lethean City from Spring Stream if you surf downwards.
Also, the first post does point out that only 7 Gym Leaders are available to battle, so Troy's battle isn't available in Version 2 =P this is because after beating Troy you'll have the option to take on the Gym Leader side-career, which will involve a lot of scripting!

GENERAL UPDATE:

I won't be able to get to a computer for a few days after tomorrow so I thought I'd post this now!

After lots of thinking about it, I have decided that I will be releasing a new Version that will come BEFORE Version 3 - a "Version 2.5", if you will. It WILL NOT contain any more content than you can already play, but will only have graphical updates and glitch fixes.

The reason I've decided to do this is mainly because people keep reporting the same bugs, or reporting things that are not bugs that are yet to be added, despite whether I've written them in the first post... which has made me realise that I should have released a glitch fix patch a long time ago to avoid this happening (it's totally my own fault =P).

So the new release will just be a glitch-fixing patch (for what I was able to fix) and a small graphics update, but nothing more in terms of content. Any new gameplay content I've made since V2 will be blocked off so there are no spoilers =)

I'm also doing it for the fact that V3 will not be out for a LONG time. I decided that until I can edit the world-map into a custom one, Version 3 won't be released and there's really no point even continuing with the hack at all until I can get it done, since I didn't realise how many navigation problems it causes =( Hopefully, Version 2.5 will give you guys something more stable to play until then!

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post lol =P,

~AvaraMoon

Bulbadon

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Sorry if my message sounded really negatively-toned, I was in a hurry writing it so in trying to keep it short it came across a little blunt! I can kind of guess what you mean now about the navigation but then again a lot of that comes down to not having a custom world-map =( haha.
The Lethean Aqueduct is just south of Lethean City from Spring Stream if you surf downwards.
Also, the first post does point out that only 7 Gym Leaders are available to battle, so Troy's battle isn't available in Version 2 =P this is because after beating Troy you'll have the option to take on the Gym Leader side-career, which will involve a lot of scripting!

GENERAL UPDATE:

I won't be able to get to a computer for a few days after tomorrow so I thought I'd post this now!

After lots of thinking about it, I have decided that I will be releasing a new Version that will come BEFORE Version 3 - a "Version 2.5", if you will. It WILL NOT contain any more content than you can already play, but will only have graphical updates and glitch fixes.

The reason I've decided to do this is mainly because people keep reporting the same bugs, or reporting things that are not bugs that are yet to be added, despite whether I've written them in the first post... which has made me realise that I should have released a glitch fix patch a long time ago to avoid this happening (it's totally my own fault =P).

So the new release will just be a glitch-fixing patch (for what I was able to fix) and a small graphics update, but nothing more in terms of content. Any new gameplay content I've made since V2 will be blocked off so there are no spoilers =)

I'm also doing it for the fact that V3 will not be out for a LONG time. I decided that until I can edit the world-map into a custom one, Version 3 won't be released and there's really no point even continuing with the hack at all until I can get it done, since I didn't realise how many navigation problems it causes =( Hopefully, Version 2.5 will give you guys something more stable to play until then!

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post lol =P,

~AvaraMoon

No probs. And thanks I was stuck in the Finagold Terrace part and didn't quite read the introduction and yeah this is a great hack and has a lot of potential. Good luck!

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
I can kind of guess what you mean now about the navigation but then again a lot of that comes down to not having a custom world-map =( haha.
Perhaps you should mock up a world map, to show how the towns and routes connect to each other - note that this need not be in the style of the in-game maps; it could be something as simple as labelled boxes and lines drawn in mspaint (or on the back of a napkin :P ). Now matter how crude, a map image in the OP would be a stopgap measure for people playing the hack who are in need of navigational aid.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Perhaps you should mock up a world map, to show how the towns and routes connect to each other - note that this need not be in the style of the in-game maps; it could be something as simple as labelled boxes and lines drawn in mspaint (or on the back of a napkin :P ). Now matter how crude, a map image in the OP would be a stopgap measure for people playing the hack who are in need of navigational aid.

That's a great idea, I think I will do that! Thanks for suggesting this. =)

Back