• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making Tilesets from Tilemaps: The Super Easy Way

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
What are you inserting? I have read many great tuts, but I made this because they all glaze over this step. The tutorial will depend on what you are inserting: battle backgrounds, titlescreens, bootscreens. They all have tuts, I just need to know which one to show you.

Ah the title screen please! Or maybe one that helps with unLZ-GBA as its quite daunting at first!
Cheers!

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hi in Sphere sometimes I cannot select all the tiles in the tile sets. Happens abouit 50% of the time and I have to omit some tiles.

Is there a way to select all the tiles?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi in Sphere sometimes I cannot select all the tiles in the tile sets. Happens abouit 50% of the time and I have to omit some tiles.

Is there a way to select all the tiles?

You just need to add more. Right click where you are trying to select, and select the option "append tiles". I learned about this after I wrote the guide, so yeah, maybe that should be in there.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
Years
Is this thread too old to reply to....?

I have a question that I don't know how to solve!

I guess I'll just say it. I have Sphere Editor 1.1.5, and there's no Import tilemap option...???

(IDK why the text looks like that in the picture...)

I downloaded previous versions, and there's no Import option there either D:

I'm so confused >_<

If you can help, that'd be great! Sorry for posting in a dead thread........

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
Years
I have one question... When I use NTME and imported a RAW into Fire Red, the copyright won't be there when I played my hack. When I edited the tilemap with Cyclone and imported it again, when I played my hack again a small piece of tile were there, but the rest won't show up. Does that mean that Cyclone was the only one that makes the custom copyright intro show up?

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
Years
I just love this tut! The tilesets were a real pain in the back. Thank you! I seem to enjoy your every tut, easy to follow. Now what i need is a tut for the title screen logo. Can you create that too?

Back