• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team plzz.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
Hello I am kinda new to this competitive thing. I came up with a sunny day team and I want to know if its any good. Any helpful advice would be great.

Crobat
Inner Focus
EV'S: 255 Attk/ 255 Spd
Jolly
Heat Rock
1. Sunny Day
2. U-turn
3. Super Fang
4. Hypnosis
This is my lead. His purpose is to setup sunny day. Then I can put them to sleep or use Super Fang for walls and U-Turn out into a sweeper.

Cresselia
Levitate
EV'S: 255 Def/ 155 Sp. Def/ 100 HP
Calm
Heat Rock
1. Sunny Day
2. Moonlight
3. Solar Beam
4. Psychic
This is the wall of my team and also a Sunny Day user. With Moonlight in the sun I can get back 2/3 of health. Solar Beam is to abuse the sunlight and Psychic is the stab move.

Ninetails
Flash Fire
EV'S: 255 Sp. Attk/ 255 Spd
Modest
Leftovers
1. Fire Blast
2. Solar Beam
3. Shadow Ball
4. Will-o-Wisp
Fire Blast is for a really strong fire attack and Solar Beam the same again for the use of a strong attack in 1 turn. Shadow Ball helps against many Ghosts types. Will-o-Wisp is to inflict burn and lower attack. This one is intended to be a sweeper. I also use it to switch in when my opponent will use a fire type move.

Magmortar
Flame Body
Modest
Expert Belt
1. Fire Blast
2. Solar Beam
3. Thunderbolt
4. Psychic
Fire Blast/Solar Beam is the same as Ninetails. Thunderbolt and Psychic for type coverage. Magmortar has an Expert Belt because of his diverse move set he usually has something that's super effective against something. He is also a Special Sweeper.

Victreebel
Chlorophyll
EV'S: 200 Sp. Attk/ 110 Spd/ 200 HP
Modest
Leftovers
1. Weather Ball
2. Solar Beam
3. Hidden Power ICE
4. Growth
Another special sweeper. Weather is to get a fire type move for Grass/Steel types with the sun, Solar Beam is pretty obvious. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragon/Flying types. Growth is to boost my Sp. Attack.

Tangrowth
Chlorophyll
EV'S: 120 Attk/ 200 Spd/ 190 HP
Adamant
Yache Berry
1. Power Whip
2. Stone Edge
3. Earthquake
4. Swords Dance
This is my physical sweeper. I use a swords dance or 2 and with my already boosted speed I can start my sweep.

Problems I see:
1. Only 1 Physical Sweeper.
2. Victreebel is a bit fragile for a growth set.
3. I'm not too sure about Tangrowth's ev spread.
4. Dragons might give me trouble (Dragonite/Salamence).

Years
Er, just something rather urgent. Ninetails needs drought as its ability.

Didn't really look at the rest, except that personally, I'd run a Life Orb on Victreebel, not the Leftovers, because I like to hit hard, and Victreebel can't really take any hits anyhow to make good use of the Leftovers.

Years
Quick questions.
-Are you playing in 4th Gen (Sinnoh) or 5th Gen (Unova)?
-If you're playing 5th Gen, do you have access to Drought Ninetails?

-Cresselia loves her Lefties>Heat Rock.
-If you can get Drought Ninetails, lead with it instead of Crobat.
-Replace Crobat, many grass types with Sleep Powder which has better accuracy than Hypnosis.
-Blissey really laughs at the plethora of special attacking, maybe replace Crobat with physical or mixApe?
-Life Orb>Leftovers on Victreebell, and use Sludge Bomb over Growth for STAB considering you won't have much chance to really use Growth to begin with.
-Infernape also quickly takes care of other pokes that set up infinite weather. Close Combat for Tyranitar, Grass Knot for Hippowdon, Flamethrower/Fire Blast for Abomasnow.

Try this set:
Infernape
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 64 Atk, 252 Sp Atk, 192 Spd
Moveset:
Nasty Plot
Grass Knot
Flamethrower (Sun will give it that extra boost to slightly higher base power than unboosted Fire Blast)
Close Combat

Hope this helped.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
And thanks for the advice I'll replace vitreebels leftovers. I gave Cresselia Heat rock so that i can get 8 turns of sunlight and moonlight gives me 2/3 hp back in sun light.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
This is Gen IV? No Drought Ninetales then. Life Orb on Victreebel is a good idea. Since Growth doesn't provide the +2 to SpA last Gen, for another coverage move like Sludge Bomb. Then you can run HP Ground to smack Heatran since Sludge Bomb 2HKOs most dragons anyway.

Heatran gives this team trouble since it walls everything bar Tangrowth and it doesn't dare switch into a sun-boosted Fire attack. Having your own Heatran can patch up that provide you switch into a Fire attack. It can also switch into attacks like Dragonite or Flygon Outrage and revenge kill them. It's a much better Flash Fire abuser than Ninetales.

I would suggest removing Solarbeam on all of your Pokemon. Do you have a grudge on Swampert or something? lol Tyranitar can switch in and ruin your sweep if you're using Victreebel and then switch into something that can take Grass type moves like specially defensive Skarmory.

The EVs for all of your Pokemon are generally iffy as well. For example, why isn't Tangrowth investing in max attack?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
What about this for Tangrowth
255 attack/ 255 speed ?

And maybe this Heatran
Modest
(200 Sp attack/ 200 Speed/ 110 Defense ? And maybe Life Orb?) or (255 sp attack/ 255 speed and a focus sash?)
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon

Last edited:
Years
go Modest Life Orb or Choice Scarf. and try to get HP Grass, Ice,or Electric over Flash Cannon (since it has awful type coverage)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Ninetales* was bothering me.

Be careful not to get shafted by Hippowdon or Tyranitar. Since most of your team uses SolarBeam, those two can switch in on you and trap you in for a turn while they rape your Grass- and Fire-types with things like Ice Fang / Earthquake, or set up Stealth Rock / Dragon Dance. Cresselia also likes to die to Pursuit with a 1/4 Moonlight. Scizor (who can also Pursuit) uses U-Turn which poses a problem for Tangrowth in particular, who might stand a chance against Tyranitar.

Tyranitar is the absolute bane of SolarBeam users, since Sandstorm makes it a bP 60*2 Grass-type move and forces you to stay in the next turn. Plus, his Rock-typing makes him 50% bulkier on the Special end in Sandstorms.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Hi, I just wanted to mention something about your EVs. I'm not exactly the best with Gen IV so I'm going to avoid trying to actually rate your team but I just wanted to say this:

255 EVs in any stat is not maxing out the stat. Remember, when the game takes account of how many stat points there are, the amount of EVs is divided by four - that's the number of points that you get. When you use 255 EVs, it divides it by four and rounds down, always. If you divide 255 by four, you get 63.75, which is rounded down to 63. When you use 255 EVs, you effectively waste 3 EVs because you can get the same result by using 252 EVs instead. If you use 252 EVs for both stats you want to max out, you'll have an extra 6 EVs left over - enough to stick one point in any other stat. :)

This is why many standard spreads are something like 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, because even that smallest sliver of bulk can potentially save you a match. GL with your team!

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Hello I am kinda new to this competitive thing. I came up with a sunny day team and I want to know if its any good. Any helpful advice would be great.

BOLD COMMENTS!! RAWR

Crobat
Inner Focus
EV'S: 255 Attk/ 255 Spd
Jolly
Heat Rock
1. Sunny Day
2. U-turn
3. Super Fang
4. Hypnosis
This is my lead. His purpose is to setup sunny day. Then I can put them to sleep or use Super Fang for walls and U-Turn out into a sweeper.
GOOD!

Cresselia
Levitate
EV'S: 255 Def/ 155 Sp. Def/ 100 HP
Calm
Heat Rock
1. Sunny Day
2. Moonlight
3. Solar Beam
4. Psychic
This is the wall of my team and also a Sunny Day user. With Moonlight in the sun I can get back 2/3 of health. Solar Beam is to abuse the sunlight and Psychic is the stab move.
Good! You have no steel coverage, but this a wall, so FINE!

Ninetails
Flash Fire
Modest
Leftovers
1. Fire Blast
2. Solar Beam
3. Shadow Ball
4. Will-o-Wisp
Fire Blast is for a really strong fire attack and Solar Beam the same again for the use of a strong attack in 1 turn. Shadow Ball helps against many Ghosts types. Will-o-Wisp is to inflict burn and lower attack. This one is intended to be a sweeper. I also use it to switch in when my opponent will use a fire type move.
Smart
Magmortar
Flame Body
Modest
Expert Belt
1. Fire Blast
2. Solar Beam
3. Thunderbolt
4. Psychic
Fire Blast/Solar Beam is the same as Ninetails. Thunderbolt and Psychic for type coverage. Magmortar has an Expert Belt because of his diverse move set he usually has something that's super effective against something. He is also a Special Sweeper.
Great coverage
Victreebel
Chlorophyll
EV'S: 200 Sp. Attk/ 110 Spd/ 200 HP
Modest
Leftovers
1. Weather Ball
2. Solar Beam
3. Hidden Power ICE
4. Growth
Another special sweeper. Weather is to get a fire type move for Grass/Steel types with the sun, Solar Beam is pretty obvious. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragon/Flying types. Growth is to boost my Sp. Attack.
Nice
Tangrowth
Chlorophyll
EV'S: 120 Attk/ 200 Spd/ 190 HP
Adamant
Yache Berry
1. Power Whip
2. Stone Edge
3. Earthquake
4. Swords Dance
This is my physical sweeper. I use a swords dance or 2 and with my already boosted speed I can start my sweep.
nice
Problems I see:
1. Only 1 Physical Sweeper. yes
2. Victreebel is a bit fragile for a growth set. Yes... Consider using leech seed and or toxic. Quicker set up.
3. I'm not too sure about Tangrowth's ev spread. Hopeless base speed. Try investing in SpDF and Defense.
4. Dragons might give me trouble (Dragonite/Salamence). they will! Try hidden ICe on smeone else whose faster.

Overall, Very nice! I think you need a hazer, and taunter. Possibly another sunny day user, even with crobat's uturn.

A few tweaks and this is really good.

I agree on items. Infernapes a great option, but I gave you advice based on current members. So yeah, hope it helps a bit!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2011
Hi, I just wanted to mention something about your EVs. I'm not exactly the best with Gen IV so I'm going to avoid trying to actually rate your team but I just wanted to say this:

255 EVs in any stat is not maxing out the stat. Remember, when the game takes account of how many stat points there are, the amount of EVs is divided by four - that's the number of points that you get. When you use 255 EVs, it divides it by four and rounds down, always. If you divide 255 by four, you get 63.75, which is rounded down to 63. When you use 255 EVs, you effectively waste 3 EVs because you can get the same result by using 252 EVs instead. If you use 252 EVs for both stats you want to max out, you'll have an extra 6 EVs left over - enough to stick one point in any other stat. :)

This is why many standard spreads are something like 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, because even that smallest sliver of bulk can potentially save you a match. GL with your team!
Ok thanks like I said I"m kinda new to this and I didn't know that about evs.

Back