• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most/Least memorable trade

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
best trade was mac's super special awesome shiny umbreon he rng'd for me. hatched on my birthday! and i love gonz0's shiny gligar in a dive ball he traded me. i had been wanting one forever, also with the move aqua tail, and i have no way to get one (this was before B2W2 btw).

worst trade ummm idk i don't like being left hanging in the trade room and that's happened with this one dude. i don't think he comes around here anymore? lmao but he never read the rules or anything and would make crap requests and ugh it just wasn't a fun experience. i'm very patient but some people are ridiculousss.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Best trade ever would have to be when I was talking with a friend and we agreed to trade our favorites to each other so I got her Sceptile and she got my Infernape. I spoke to her today after I found my Pearl version and she said she still has that Infernape.

The worst trade ever is actually five trades and I don't remember the details but I have five Hardy shiny Charmanders from different people.

droomph

weeb
Years
best? the one with the grovyle. and every grovyle at that.

Why is it the best? I currently have about 4 grovyle and 15 treeckos, I might have went overboard lol :p

Least memorable? I traded my Lv 56 Herdier for a Ratatta. Of course, I obviously didn't care about that Herdier, but I found out it had Giga Impact (because I don't plan these things out lol) and I was kinda mad. I got over that when I got a Lv. 65 Herdier from the same place lol.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
My most memorable trade happened recently when I had put a Tepig up for trade in Black2. I was trying to fill my Pokédex, and was asking for a Crawdaunt, any level, any gender, I didn't care. 'Cause I was going to breed it with a Ditto anyway to receive a Corphish, or so I thought.
One day after my request, a trainer had traded me a Crawdaunt just as I wanted. But the Crawdaunt was level 100, had perfect IVs, a great nature and total killer moves...
I did not use that one to breed.

As for least memorable? I haven't really done any bad trades at the moment.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
I think my most memorable trade was when I got an event Japanese Arceus and Regigigas from ~RNC~ back in 2009/2010, I believe. (May have been a different person though.)
I don't really have a least memorable trade, because trading for me isn't full-time; after all, it's no fun just sitting around for hours switching pieces of data between people (unless all them are special to the traders). I don't think some people of the TF2 community get that though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The one that stands out in my mind was in Pokemon Diamond where I got a Palkia for a magikarp from the GTS. I'm fairly confident it was a legitimate too.....at least looking at it everything checked out.

That was an odd one.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
I had a couple of most memorable trades and least memorable trades.
Among the least memorable was when I traded my brother's shiny Mightiyena for an Eigakan Darkrai and it turned out to be hacked (good thing the Mightiyena was a clone though). Another was when I woke up 5 am for a trade and the other person did not show up.

Among the memorable trades was when I finally got a non-Rash Mystry Mew(pretty rare in the other forum I go to). But the most memorable one was when I made my biggest trade in one seating with tabor62. I woke up 6 am for that trade and it was 19 events.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
Probably most memorable was when Tabor RNG'd me a shiny flawless karrablast with an egg move. I love it =).

Most forgettable? trading random magnemite for other magnemite in GTS to level up my join avenue on white 2.

Years
Without any doubt, the Cubone-Machoke (technically Machamp) trade from Pokemon Yellow. It was amazing to have a Lv.16 Machamp :P

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
hmmmm the trades i liked and disliked the most.......

......well they are both the same one i traded a l.v.43 sneezl for a l.v.14 blastoise

i know the blastoise was probably made by a glitch or a cheat but still it's a "rare" blastoise for a not "rare" sneezl:|

to bad my saved game got deleted>:(;-;

Years
Pretty much my first trade was bad but I still love it the Pokémon I trade my dragonite lv. 67 for a furret lv. 54 on silver still have it and I cloned 6 of them and beat my friend with them lol

houndbite

Fangame enthusiast
Years
Most memorable?
I go back to my heart gold after a long time,and find out that someone had traded to me for who knows what pokemon I had, A shiny female french vulpix. All of those things went together so well I didn't care whatever kind of stats it had, and I STILL didn't check. XD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Two trades from last night. Very dang nice people last night.

1. Someone Traded me a regirock for my Glaceon! Not a fair trade imo, but I am very glad that I'll be able to see Regirock in Y when I get far enough in to trade from gen 5.

2. SHINY KYUREM. FOR VIRIZION. Nuff said, but I'll keep talking. In my opinion Virizion is the hardest to catch legendary in BW, but still not annoying enough to trade something like a shiny legendary.

The only thing I don't like is that I'm afraid that 2 isn't a legit shiny. Than again, they may have just been feeling generous. Or drunk. XD

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
Years
It was probably a random kid who had no idea what he was doing traded me a Pikachu yesterday that was holding a light ball for a really crappy Pokemon of mine - probably a Bidoof or something like that.

Now I finally have a Pikachu with a light ball, and I have been trying to find one for about a year.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
I think I put in a growlithe, level 20 or something and got a level 89 vaporeon. Someone must have REALLY wanted that growlithe, lol on heartgold

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 25, 2016
Met someone on another forum who needed help transferring a party he had bred to a new game. He traded me more than just his party (also wanted to keep several of the items from his other file) and told me to keep whatever I wanted that was left over from the trade. After taking his party and items back, I ended up with more than a few things, including a Yveltal. Now I've got a new phone buddy who lives halfway across the country that I can always trust with transfers, evolves, etc. Nice to know there are good people out there :).

Eibbor82

Show me your moves!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 8, 2023
Most memorable would probably be when I made 90 starter Pokemon eggs on Black, randomized them in their boxes, and traded them away at Pokemon Regionals Tournament that year. I remember a bunch of the kids I traded them to running up to me all happy-like showing me which starter they got from their egg throughout the day ^^
I still have a fairly large amount of those eggs remaining, too. But they're random.

Via Wonder Trade I traded like a lvl2 Caterpie or something for a female Pichu holding a Light Ball and knew Volt Tackle. Man, that made me happy ^^

Least memorable I think I was trying to get a Deoxys via GTS but needed a Rotom for it and traded away a Regigigas for one only to discover that the Deoxys I wanted was no longer there. Thinking about these terrible mistakes I made back when I started kinda hurts >.<

Years
Most memorable trade in recent memory is a wonder trade I got a Tyranitar for a Fletchling that I've been cycling on the wonder trade for. I just felt really bad so I spammed all my O-Powers on that guy.

...Just a note, though, How would anybody remember a "least memorable" trade? Irony at its finest.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
My most memorable trade was a wonder trade a few days ago.
I was getting rid (and still am) of my bred pokemon, mostly level 1 larvitars and scythers.
One of them, I wonder traded and what did I get back? A SHINY Larvitar. I was all like "another larvitar.." for a split second, but then I noticed it was shiny (yes, I am slow.) and I nearly fell off my chair. I too began spamming my O-Powers on the dude because I felt sorry trading my non-shiny larvitar for his :P

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
Years
I was wonder trading a bunch of Munchlax yesterday and after filling up my boxes with trade-fodder (Bidoofs, Fletchlings, Pidgies and other breeders' lvl 1s), I was sent a level 50 scyther with some pretty good stats.

My worst trade was when I traded a Yveltal I got from someone else (I already had mine all trained up so I figured someone else could use it) and got a level 1 Bidoof from some guy who had already wonder traded with me before and gave a level 1 Bidoof for one of my high-IV starters I was giving out.

Needless to say, I was upset and to this day I still seek vengeance on Caps Loch from Seattle, Washington. He and his level 1 Bidoofs will pay.

Back