• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
I say Ice myrrh ice is highly underrated from a lot of people

Beat the elite four with ease.. dragonbreath and flamethrower being the top moves..

I'm in vermillion and I just wasted 10 minutes searching for that stupid switch.. and when I look up the beam is gone.. I wanted to quit right there..

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Post it in the Nuzlocke, and then when you finish, VM me that you finished it and I'll give you credit in the solo.

And all right, if you guys want to give me my Lapras, then go right ahead.

I'm cool with doing any of the types. Fighting seems to be not that hard from what I've seen in the UMC thread, Flying has so much type coverage, Bug gives me Parasect, and Ice gives me Lapras.

Also I find it funny that 3 of the last 4 types I have are E4 types in this game.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's a monospecies. I wouldn't bother, and we've had a thread for it, but it died. So olol.

Then again, it'd be tons of fun with something like Smeargle. <3

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
What do you people think of a challenge where you use a team consisting of the same Pokemon? Like 5 or 6 Vaporeon or 5 or 6 Cherrim. Room for a HM Slave of course. Would any of you do it?
Probably, just for the heck of it. I'm not sure what I'd use, though.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
It'd be fun with someone like Starmie (in HGSS) or Furret or Gyarados or something. Pokemon that can learn a ton of different TMs.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
It'd be fun with someone like Starmie (in HGSS) or Furret or Gyarados or something. Pokemon that can learn a ton of different TMs.
Well, it depends on the game too. Gyarados would be suicide in Sinnoh as well as Hoenn, for example. How about Miltanks on GSC or HG/SS?!?!?!? I'm totally obsessing over her right now...

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
A team full of Ivysaurs sounds pretty sweet right about now :3

And you like Miltank to jdthebud?

Azumarril sucks in Crystal :/ No Huge Power for Sweeping and no Thick Fat for bulk. Oh well, you still get OP Surfs in that game.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I don't know if someone can tolerate a run with the same Pokemon, and more so in tedious regions. But if you want to do it then hey, fine by me. Ok guys quick I'm doing a regular Run in HGSS and you guys get NICKNAMES. 3 of them are named already but I can just go to goldenrod and rename them.

Typhlosion -
Staraptor -
Dragonite -
Scyther -
Lanturn -
Kangaskhan/Milktank -

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Ok so Vaporeon7 is going to be my Lanturn, cool.

Bug Catching COntest is unfair, I get 3rd place with a Scyther. While 2nd and 1st place goes to Kakuna and Metapod. >.> I didn't know that Cacoons are Superior to a Giant Praying Mantis.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Yeah it's weird. I always thought the Bug Catching Contest was all about the Pokemon you catch, with Scyther/Pinsir always being the winner. I know there's a formula for the score total as well. It's something like uh... Pokemon + Park Balls used + Level + Remaining HP + idk if you're Sydian or not. It's weird though. I'm pretty sure there's a formula on Bulbapedia for it. :P

Also just a totally random question: What's an awesome video recording program for the computer? I want anything not named Hypercam or Fraps. :) I might actually record one of my challenges, or at least the dexter one.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Not specifically since none of those Pokemon I particularly like, but if you do end up catching an Exeggcute/Bellsprout/Oddish name it after me, especially if you catch an Exeggcute. <3

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I have an Oddish..........as a Cut Slave. Does that work? I might use it after Game :3

And if I don't find me a Kangaskan easy, I'll catch me a Exeggcute

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Can't you only catch Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone or something? That would be a tough one to find, with it being so rare and all.
I want to do a solo Exeggcute/Oddish run now. It seems like it could be fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back