• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Ummh my rom crashes when I try to warp to my custom map, solution?

How do I edit the bag and PROF BIRCH so I can have the scripts on another place?

What causes image-rom crash?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I am trying to make a hack of Emerald and i cannot get BaseEdit, BeWildered, or Patted to work for it. I always get a message saying "supported rom, but monsters base stats are not specified in the database." Is there anything i can do to fix it or are there and different programs that i can use that do the same thing?
Sorry, but: BaseEdit, BeWildered, Patted, and all of those other sorts of programs were designed before Emerald was released. They do not support Emerald, sadly... As for other tools, you can use a hex editor to do most of these things. I'm not very experienced at Hacking Emerald though, I mostly only use it to import tiles to other rom images.

I have a problem with Advance Map

Whenever I try to change the tileset the tiles that are already on the map get replaced with the tiles on the new tileset that I just loaded and the houses and other buildings get messed up

If and one could tell me how to fix this I would greatly aprreciate it
It's supposed to do that. To insert new tilesets, you must replace older tilesets. There is only a certain amount of space in the rom. You can, however, change the amount of blocks. Just look around Advance Map, you'll find the option.

How do I edit the Town Map? Can't I just input a new map of my own for 8 Island, and the New Jhoto Region. I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry there?

Help in Advance Map- How do I make a new town of my own without changing the name of an existing map and so on. I would like to put a new town with a new map, but if I change the name of an existing map it edits all the maps that are there.

Can you please help me?
Alright, to insert a new map please do the following.
First: Open up Advance Map and load your rom... yadayada
Second: Select on any map, it doesn't matter.
Third: Go to File > Map... > insert map.
A~ window will pop up~
Fourth: Go down to the last option "Create New Spot"
Fifth: Select where your map will go. I.e. : If you want your new map to be part of the Pallet Town set (Your house, Rival's house, Oak's Lab...) then select "4" where it says "bank".
Sixth: Select "1" "amount of reserved maps".
Tada! You have now inserted a new map into the game!
Warning: I do not suggest this. It is much easier just to replace old locations. You'll understand in the long run. ;)

Ummh my rom crashes when I try to warp to my custom map, solution?

How do I edit the bag and PROF BIRCH so I can have the scripts on another place?

What causes image-rom crash?
1. By custom do you mean, inserted map? I've never had trouble before... until later, that is.

2. By "move to another place" do you mean a new map offset? Because if so, that is do-able. Just make sure the sprites are in the same ratio they were from each other on the last map. Also, make sure there are no obstacles in the way, ie. Trees.

3. Many things can cause the image-rom to crash. But most likely you have overwritten valuable data. It happens quite often, the only way to fix it when it happens... is to have a backup! Always make a backup file!

Hoped this helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Yeah a insertet, when I try to warp my rom crash :( I discovered in elitemap for not so long ago that I got the "girl" event there O.o Maybe that's the reason?

Well by the pokemon bag I mean how can I be able to just have the bag, press A-button, choose a pokemon and then I have the pokemon in my team and the bag will be destroyed?
Can you maybe post what scripts I need? (the numbers/letters like "$1A030F")

Haha ok :P Today I've been forced to start over three times I think X'D

Thanks for the answers ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
still help!

How do I edit the Town Map on Fire red? I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry to my Newly Created Island.

I have another question too.

How do you connect maps together like Cinnibar Island and Pallet.
I would like to know so I can create some new Areas.

Last edited:

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
Well, for exactly what I did in ScriptED, I wrote a script to give your character a pokemon in wordpad, copied it into ScriptED, then hit save, and triedhitting "COMPILE" but I can't, the button is wierd, like the other buttons have the black lettering so you can click on it, but the letters on compile are just gray, and it's un-clickable

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Yeah a insertet, when I try to warp my rom crash I discovered in elitemap for not so long ago that I got the "girl" event there O.o Maybe that's the reason?

Well by the pokemon bag I mean how can I be able to just have the bag, press A-button, choose a pokemon and then I have the pokemon in my team and the bag will be destroyed?
Can you maybe post what scripts I need? (the numbers/letters like "$1A030F")

Haha ok Today I've been forced to start over three times I think X'D

Thanks for the answers ^^
Oh, you probably shouldn't insert maps using Elitemap, It likes to act pretty screwy at times. :laugh:
Also, as for you "bag" inquiry, it is not possible. The script must stay together sadly, the random battle will occur afterwords... My suggestion for you is to create a new script, one that would say something like, "Look, The Prof.'s Bag! There are three Pokeballs in it!". Then proceed to the real part. "Do you want to take this Pokeball?". You know, basically make a text version of what the bag would do. It would be a tedious script to make, but it could be done.

How do I edit the Town Map on Fire red? I know warp scripts are easy, but how can I warp the ferry to my Newly Created Island.

I have another question too.

How do you connect maps together like Cinnibar Island and Pallet.
I would like to know so I can create some new Areas.
Woah, come down! We do have lives outside of PC you know...

1. To edit the map, you'll more than likely need to use Cyclone, It's the best program for it. Just make sure you have the needed files.

2. Those are called "connections" my friend. Advance Map can edit this part of the rom. Elitemap can also, though again, I don't recommend it.

3. You know, everytime I do this It comes out horribly wrong. Sorry, I can't answer this question truthfully...

Well, for exactly what I did in ScriptED, I wrote a script to give your character a pokemon in wordpad, copied it into ScriptED, then hit save, and triedhitting "COMPILE" but I can't, the button is wierd, like the other buttons have the black lettering so you can click on it, but the letters on compile are just gray, and it's un-clickable
Wow, I know what your talking about, the grey "un-clickable" letters. But, I do not believe this has ever happened to me before. Sorry, I can not help you.

Hope this helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Help with Cyclone.

Hello I am trying to folloe the tutorial thing the cyclone program, but when I use it with pokemon fire red the tilmap comes up messy and everything out of order. I am trying to edit my town map. can u please explain to me why this is happening.

if you have a tutorial for fire red for it please send it to me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
Need Help Badly!!!!!! I Wanna Put Some Sprites On Some Tiles On A Map How Do I Do This???

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2008
I was just curious. Is there a way to change how a map looks mid-game? Like you enter a town and it looks normal, but later in the game it gets set on fire (for example. I know I'd have to make custom tiles for that). On a smaller scale, is it at least possible to manipulate the weather? I've played through Emerald, and it seems possible.

Also, is it possible to create animated tiles? I know the water tiles are animated. Is there anyway to create, say tiles of a building on fire?

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
I'm having trouble making a Pokeball disappear after I take it. I followed Irish Witch's tutorial on making it disappear, but it didn't work. And I'm using ScriptED, Pokescript confuses me when it comes to compiling :S

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I'm having trouble making a Pokeball disappear after I take it. I followed Irish Witch's tutorial on making it disappear, but it didn't work. And I'm using ScriptED, Pokescript confuses me when it comes to compiling :S

Well, Of cousre it wont work then.. Irish Witchs Tutorials qre only for her program: PokeScript. So you have to use Chritos Tutorial for ScriptED.

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Any help on where I can find it? Because I can't...

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Well will you please either tell me where to find them? Or the one that tells you how to make sprites disappear.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
showthread.php?t=79827

I think this is what you were looking for.

Add this to the end of the website. I can't type URLs till I have 15 posts.

EDIT: If you have no luck there, my advice would be to move the poke ball to a place where the player couldn't possibly see it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2007
hey guys just a few questions, i looked at a lot of the pages in this thread but i didnt go through all:P

1. Is there a way to edit my trainer in the game so he looks like a pokemon? or should i just create a new one that looks like a pokemon

2. Can i make a pokemon follow me round? Or, beating that, a team of pokemon?

thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Help with the Program Elite Map!

WITH ELITE MAP--------

Can someone please tell me how to edit my Town map in fire red and then save it and repoint towns and stuff, can u please help me because I am getting very frustrated. all I want to be able to do is edit the town map, and repoint the city locations, and route locations.

Gabri

m8
Years
But what are Indexed Sprites? And how do someone index them??? Aren't them pictures like wallpapers and those things?

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
Regarding scripting.

When I write the offset, is there a specific rule for choosing it or do I just make one up?

How do I create a new map?

thx in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
How do I script warps? Like when you just walk from map to map it's using scripts I need that else I can't have PROF BIRCH on my custom maps since using warps to the bag/running prof birch causes image-rom crash :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back