• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I'm falling in love with you," says your best friend.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I'd tell 'em I would have to think it over for a little while. I'm not just going to outright reject them; they're my best friend. There'd obviously be some benefits to being "more than friends", but if that chance is screwed up somehow then the entire friendship could fall apart.

That said, if I already know what they're like in public and private alike (and can tolerate or enjoy both of those, of course), I couldn't find enough reason not to say, "Let's give it a shot."

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't know what to say but my friend would understand that I'm not into girls so I doubt she would be expecting much from me other than an acknowledgment of her feelings. I'd like to think that as long as she doesn't feel awkward with me knowing, we'd be able to keep on being how we are now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My ex-boyfriend and I were best friends since freshman year of high school, and during senior year of high school, he confessed to me that he had a crush on me since then. I, however, felt the same way. So, me being blinded by his adorableness, I went ahead and took a step forward with him.

If that happened to one of my guy friends at this time, I would probably reject. I can't risk myself in losing a best friend like my ex. So, it would be better to keep the relationship we have now instead of taking a risk and taking an extra step forward. It's better that way, imo.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I'd cut all ties with them instantly and treat them the same way I would treat a stranger who was staring at me in a funny way. Anything to protect the void that's my heart.

Years
I'd cut all ties with them instantly and treat them the same way I would treat a stranger who was staring at me in a funny way. Anything to protect the void that's my heart.

No heart truly desires to be alone. Perhaps you don't understand that right now but someday you will. I guarantee it.

To answer the question I'd be in the same boat as Toujy pretty much.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I would tell him to knock it off so we could just be friends normally lmao. I'm too emotionally closed up and awkward to want to deal with that, I think I would respect his feelings but probably pull a funny face if he told me lol.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I'd most likely say no. They're my best friend. They're someone I can hang out with and vent about relationships with, not get into one with.

Of course, my best friend would likely be a guy. I'm straight, and that isn't changing, so it would be really awkward and would damage our relationship. That's the last thing I would want.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
If my best friend were to tell me that they were falling in love with ME, well, I'd go ahead and start a relationship, because I've like my best friend for a while now lol...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I'd call her a ****, because she's in love with her boyfriend and we have this thing where we call people ****s, so it would partially be to break the tension.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
If my best friend told me that they loved me I'd go for it and go out with them.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My two best friends are both girls and I'm gay, so I'd just be like "...you know I'm gay, right?"

If my best friend were a guy though, I honestly don't know how I'd deal with it. Ideally, I'd love him back and want to start a relationship, but if I didn't I honestly don't know how I'd react to that or what I'd say. I'm a real people pleaser, so I wouldn't want to hurt him or lose his friendship, but at the same time I couldn't disrespect him by leading him on when I had no feelings for him. I'd just have to tell him I don't feel the same way and hope to high heaven that I don't lose him.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
That happened with me already 2 years ago a real best friend of me was so brave he came and told me about how he feels and i was surprised...there was time i needed to think because i was worried about our friendship and other stuff....(i didn't ignore his feelings i just didn't know what to say)and however he acted cruel sometimes but he kept being there for me whenever i needed help he was always there any problem happen...he's my best friend ,brother,son!! rival sometimes aaand boyfriend since a year and half now and i wouldn't wanted it otherwise! <3 ^^

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't really have a best friend really but if one of my very close friends said that to me... it depends on who. As much as I love people I know online, I can't deal with a relationship without cuddling. And I think my online friends know that well enough.

Offline... er, one of my close friends is my ex and he has a girlfriend so that would be weird and no. He's not allowed to do that. Two of the others... there would be many many complications with them, but if either of them told me they loved me then... we could do that. Yeah.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I'd tell them that I love them as a friend and don't like them any other way. That's how I usually deal with that.

Back