• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X & Y Music!

Favorite battle song?

• Total voters

Vin_Prismriver

Pokémon Cremisi Portals Game Director
Years
Looking really forward to the new cries, I never liked that some pokémon had the same cry, but I guess it couldn't be helped then.

blue

gucci
Years
Updated the OP replacing some of the exsisting tracks with higher quality extracted soundtracks from the Demo, also added the newer pieces which include Skiddo Ride Theme, Rival Encounter Theme, New Route/Field Theme and Congratulatory Evolution Theme.

Years
I like how the Trainer battle music gives off a throwback to Hoenn, but yeah I love how fast-paced a lot of X & Y's music sounds in comparison to the varying sounds we had in 5th Gen.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
I wonder if there are going to be any...ghostly towns like Lavender Town, and what kind of music it'd have...
Nothing will ever beat the original Lavender Town theme in creepiness and keep-you-awake ability, but still, we haven't really had many scores like that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2016
We have finally a good rival battle theme!

Hovewer the XY soundfont looks greats, I really have haste to discover the whole soundtrack.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
I have to say I personally liked most of the tracks but as some other people they aren't really in the top of the favorites, yet, many of the tracks, listened a few times really stay on the ear and actually are enjoyable.

I hope the route/field theme is actually the first route theme as I actually can't seem to fit it anywhere else. My favorite of the already seen tracks are the Trainer Battle and Wild Battle, as they seem to have some "classic" influence in them.

Yet, I still expect the music of this game to surprise us in a very special way.

Years
I wonder if there are going to be any...ghostly towns like Lavender Town, and what kind of music it'd have...
Nothing will ever beat the original Lavender Town theme in creepiness and keep-you-awake ability, but still, we haven't really had many scores like that.
I really hope to see the new lavender town in kalos, I really miss the creepy vibe that you get there.

Years
I love the new music so much!!! Everything is beautiful!

Please tell me what's the instrument they used for the Skiddo music! It is so funny lol :) :)

Years
Just not so...Nightmare inducing. I want creepy, but not, disturbing.
We don't want a new series of creepypastas, do we?

Actualy, I do.
All the creepypasta, the rumers and the speculation(dead body, gary's raticate, who is cubone mother and the music) make Lavender town my favorite place in pokemon, its just much more interesting than others in my opinion.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
Actualy, I do.
All the creepypasta, the rumers and the speculation(dead body, gary's raticate, who is cubone mother and the music) make Lavender town my favorite place in pokemon, its just much more interesting than others in my opinion.

If it's one of your favorite places... do you really want something new to come along and outshine it? Lavender town is the original creepy pokemon town... Nothing should ever replace it..
But I wouldn't mind creepy music in some other town. The Celestial tower was kinda good.
(You might like Top Percentage then...)

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
I love the x and y music. so awsome. but I am looking most forward to the potential frenchy music the towns are gonna have. also I am llooking forward the champion theme

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
As long as the E4 music is good, nothing else matters. Jk, but seriously, gen 5's E4 music was pretty bad in my opinion. A promising start from what I can tell here, but we'll see.

blue

gucci
Years
As long as the E4 music is good, nothing else matters. Jk, but seriously, gen 5's E4 music was pretty bad in my opinion. A promising start from what I can tell here, but we'll see.

Unless the E4 theme shares the Gym Leader theme like previous generations, tbh I prefer the Gym Leaders and E4 to have completely different themes though.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Seeing how music is a good-sized factor in how I enjoy a video game, I can't wait to hear these. Sucks being at work right now with most media sites blocked :(.

Back