• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I have created a FAQ to people wanting to know some things about Pokemon Colosseum, a answer to your question might most likely be here.

Q: What does Pokemon Coloseeum offer?
A: Pokemon Colosseum has a RPG mode and a stadium mode to it.

Q: Are there any Wild Pokemon?
A: There is no wild Pokemon in this game.

Q: What are Shadow Pokemon?
A: Shadow Pokemon are pokemon that were altered, to serve for evil, it is your job to bring them back to normal.

Q: What pokemon do I start off with?
A: You start off with Espeon and Umbreon, around level 25.

Q: Can I use my Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire in story mode?
A: Yes you can, right after beating the game of course. You have to TRADE purified pokemon, not transfer them.

Q: Can my R/B/Y/G/S/C be used?
A: No only Ruby/Sapphire, and I think Fr/Lg.

Q: How many Pokemon are "Snagable"?
A: There is a total of 48 pokemon you can obtain.

Q: What Pokemon can be obtained?
A: Absol
Metagross
Aipom
Miltank
Swablu
Misdreavus
Flaafy
Murkrow
Aridos
Noctowl
Bayleef*
Octillery
Croconaw*
Piloswine
Delibird
Quagsire
Dunsparce
Quilava*
Entei
Qwilfish
Vibrava
Raikou
Forretress
Remoraid
Furret
Shuckle
Gligar
Skarmory
Granbull
Skiploom
Makuhita
Smeargle
Heracross
Sneasel
Hitmontop
Stantler
Houndoom
Sudowoodo
Skiploom
Suicune
Ledian
Sunflora
Slugma
Togetic
Mantine
Tropius
Meditite
Tyranitar
Ursaring
Yanma
Ho-oh
Plusle

*= Can be chosen at begining then obtained after beating the game

Ho-oh can be obtained after beating Battle Mountain, and purifying all 48 pokemon.

Plusle is given to you from Duking in Pyrite Town.

Q: Are there any gym leaders?
A: There are no gym leaders but in Phenac City you can (somewhat) face one.

Q: Can hacked Pokmon be used?
A: So far a few people were able to use hacked, but many were not, Deoxy cannot be used because the game would know that it was clearly hacked.

Q: How do I "Purify" a Shadow Pokemon?
A: By having it on your team, bringing it out in battle, calling it when its in hyper, having it in the daycare. A quick and easy way is to use a time flute which summons Celebi and its Purified on the spot.

Q: What do I do after clearing the darkness bar?
A: After you reach Agate Village, there is a cave you can enter and reach a tablet to fully Purify your Shadow pokemon, but the darkness bar must be empty an easy way to know is if you look at the stauts and it reads, "Undo the final lock!"

Q: What happeneds after I "Purify" a Shadow Pokemon?
A: The pokemon gains all the experience it did while battling and a ribbon, plus it can gain experience noramaly like any other pokemon.

Q: What is Mt. Battle?
A: Mt. Battle is a basically like a Battle Mountain containing 100 trainers. After every ten battles, if you want to quit and can restart at the last tenth battle. Eg. 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, etc.

Q: Are there any HMs?
A: No only TMs that can be won after beating a Colosseum.

Q: What towns/cities are in Story mode?
A: Outskirt Stand
Phenac City
Pyrite Town
Agate Village
Mount Battle
The Under
Shadow Pokemon Lab
Realgam Tower
Team Snagem Hideout

Q: In Colosseum mode, what pokemon can be used?
A: All 386 pokemon that were not hacked.

Q: I can use my team in Ru/Sa in Colosseum mode anytime?
A: Yes, you can use your team anytime.

Q: Can I use the pokemon in my Story mode in Colosseum mode?
A: If your team is fully purified, yes.

Q: Where can I go to trade my pokemon from my Ru/Sa, to story mode?
A: You go to Phenac City, downstairs in the pokecenter, but like I said before, you can't unless you finish the game first.

Q: How many blocks does this game take up?
A: 48 blocks.

Isaac 1

Greatest NINJA swordsman
Years
I wont to know...

I want to know how & where to catch Ho-oh. Can you tell me?
:classic: :laugh: :cross-eye :sleeping: :) :disappoin :'( :knockedou :cheeky: :embarrass :tired: :pirate: :badsmile: :paranoid: :cool:

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
You have to catch and purify all the snaggable pokemon, and beat Mount Battle, plus you must use the pokemon that you used in Colosseum, not ones that were traded after you beat the game.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
LiquidThunder said:
You have to catch and purify all the snaggable pokemon, and beat Mount Battle, plus you must use the pokemon that you used in Colosseum, not ones that were traded after you beat the game.
Actually, you can use Pokemon that you traded from r/s into the story mode in Colosseum in the Mt. Battle to get Ho-oh. Also, you get Ho-oh when beating the 100th trainer in Mt. Battle, but it must be in Battle Mode. NOT in the Story Mode Mt. Battle. You get a Time Flute there.

Just here to clear up a few things. :)

Years
u get time flute in story before 100... but if u caught all the pokemon and purified etc. then beat the last 10 in story mode you still get him.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
You can buy them from a shop somewhere... I think it's in the city/town where you got the case from... although I'm not sure.

~ MCD

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
You have unlimited chances of catching any Pokemon. The trainers just change positions sometimes. It ook me forever to catch Suicune and Croconaw. I tried about 10 times each (I kept forgetting Croconaw was at such a low level, thus leading to it fainting from 1 of my attacks).

/me casts Ice2 on Venus

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
I really need help.

On action replay, I've snagged pokemon that can't normally be snagged with a ocde, resulting in them being shadow. They can't be cured the normal way, even if you get the heart gauge to its lowest, but they can be cured with time flutes. There are three time flutes in the game, and I've got the first and second, and used the first. Is there any way to get infinite time flutes with code/trick OTHER than the one on the action repay site? That code doesn't work, it says invalid data, and it's listed under key items codes, while the curing time flute is a normal item.

If you can help me, *please* post or pm me about this. Post is better, because of my pm limit, I need to delete a lot of my messages.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Well if purifying even after clearing the dark bar dousen't do it, and you have to use time flutes all the time, plus the cheat dousn't work, your only real option is to wait until another cheat is found or maybe look to see if someone on the internet has discovered one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2004
Is there any way to get Lugia in Colosseum? Fr & Lg wont hit Europe for a long time, i've already got Ho-oh, but i want my favourite pokemon, Lugia... :(

Linksocc

Alakazam Trainer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 28, 2004
Silver Ball said:
Is there any way to get Lugia in Colosseum? Fr & Lg wont hit Europe for a long time, i've already got Ho-oh, but i want my favourite pokemon, Lugia... :(
Short Answer: NO
Long Answer: There are only 48 snaggable pokemon in the game, and the list is up there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2004
LIsten you are wasting your money on this game. Pokemon Stadium 2 Has better graphics than this. And story mode is just plain BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back