• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
They need to give some of the Bird Pokemon Acrobatics, i.e Swellow, Pidgeot, Unfezant etc. I can't see why they aren't able to learn it tbh ;;

Yeah, I do agree its distribution on Flying-types is a bit bad, the only decent one learning it is Archeops. Also, too many special attackers get in their movepool, which stinks.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
They should give Grass types Nature Power, Natural Gift, Weather Ball, and Ground moves for decent coverage, and Ice types need Water moves as they're both relatable types like Rock and Ground.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Weather Ball is something I'd like to not be spread around, actually. I really like how exclusive it is, even if that's just because it means Roserade has her own sort of niche as a Grass type that can kill Fire types (or, alternatively, Steel, Ice & Bug types). I could go for it going to a couple of new pokémon but I wouldn't like it to be at all common.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They need to give some of the Bird Pokemon Acrobatics, i.e Swellow, Pidgeot, Unfezant etc. I can't see why they aren't able to learn it tbh ;;

Yeahh! Brave Bird also needs more distribution imo. I mean it's really strong and not every single bird is using it (or maybe they are??) but still Brave Bird needs to go to every single flying thing, despite it saying "bird".

Years
I agree, it feels like it is wasted as a TM when so little Pokémon learn it that can use it.

Simisage, Simisear and Simipour get nice movepools to make use of their balanced Attack and Sp. Attack, and I love using Acrobatics on them since they can run mixed sets well.

Also, I do feel appalled that not every bird-based Flying-type gets Brave Bird.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Simisage, Simisear and Simipour get nice movepools to make use of their balanced Attack and Sp. Attack, and I love using Acrobatics on them since they can run mixed sets well.

Also, I do feel appalled that not every bird-based Flying-type gets Brave Bird.

Hmmm... Pidgeot, Dodrio, Skarmory, Swellow, Staraptor, Honchkrow, and Swanna all get it... Fearow isn't getting it, Noctowl doesn't need it... The only Pokémon which could benefit from Brave Bird is Unfezant, which in the eyes of Gamefreak might not need it because it learns Sky Attack (even though Sky Attack sucks).

I think Aerodactyl gets it too since it was the original protobird.

The legendary birds are Special based, so they benefit more from Hurricane.

blue

gucci
Years
Speaking of which, I hope they introduce a couple more special based flying moves with decent power and accuracy. There's Air Cutter, Hurricane and Air Slash but with the majority of them being Physical based such as Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Drill Peck etc it limits the special based flying types from using their full potential.

Years
Speaking of which, I hope they introduce a couple more special based flying moves with decent power and accuracy. There's Air Cutter, Hurricane and Air Slash but with the majority of them being Physical based such as Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Drill Peck etc it limits the special based flying types from using their full potential.

Yeah, and the only reliable one of those I bolded was Air Slash since the flinch effect is nice and it's the only one with respectable accuracy. Air Cutter sometimes misses often while Hurricane needs Rain in effect to be useful.

I felt sorry for Unfezant getting high Attack, but not the right moves to abuse it. And then Flareon is still lacking a decent physical STAB after five generations. Let's hope X & Y give some nice buffs and/or touch-ups to past gen Pokemon's movepools.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Sorry to cut off the whole Attacks discussion but shouldn't we have Something new By now ?.. It's been quite some time since the starters reveal. Something on Smash this Sunday maybe ?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmmm yes. I am craving for new information. I presume we will be getting some fresh content soon. It is noticeable how much this forum has slowed down and people will begin to get disinterested if there isn't some news soon. Well that's just a gentleman's opinion anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe, maybe not. I thought we were meant to get Eeveelution last sunday, idk anymore. However! We'll definitely get stuff around 12-15th in CoroCoro (going that long without new information would be insane lmao) which is only around 2 weeks away so that's a good thing :3

blue

gucci
Years
It does seem like a long time since we've had some news, I think that's because of all this speculation and our expectations. I think we'll get something on Pokemon Smash tonight, hopefully.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The most I see us getting then is really just one Pokemon, really. Anything more I just don't see them doing until at least next month, given that when B/W were announced all we got was Zoroark/Zorua for like, a few months, then Reshiram/Zekrom, and we didn't even get the starters until four months later. :(

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Only 10 hours to go before Pokémon Smash starts! Starting from now! I'm excited! ^^

It'll be really interesting to see if it's a new Eeveelution or just some other Eeveelution. Either way, if they announce it on Pokémon Smash, the official English Pokémon website will update showing information about it as soon as Pokémon Smash has finished in Japan.

Years
If they announce the new Eeveelution on Pokemon Smash, I guess it means that Eevee will be obtainable in the games or something.

Let's hope they announce news that's worth waiting for!

blue

gucci
Years
I hope so, that will mean all the other eeveelutions will be in the game. I love having the option of choosing between them, even though I'll probably use a new eeveelution if one is introduced.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, am hoping that a new Eeveelution gets announced too - I don't mind our current number! And hey, having an extended branch of evolution is a good thing!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm really hoping for a Light-type Eeveelution. Knowing that the "Light-type" kind of thing is stuck in my head. xD

I'm kind of hoping it's some kind of Eeveelution with star patterns on it, like as the last Katakana character in the movie poster, which makes me think it'll be called... "Stareon". xD

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm really hoping for a Light-type Eeveelution. Knowing that the "Light-type" kind of thing is stuck in my head. xD

I'm kind of hoping it's some kind of Eeveelution with star patterns on it, like as the last Katakana character in the movie poster, which makes me think it'll be called... "Stareon". xD
I'm doubtful about the whole "Light" type being introduced. It has been something the fans have wanted ever since Gen II introduced Dark types. With every new generation, it has been at the top of most speculations. I think Gen V would have been the perfect time to have introduced the Light type considering the Ying Yang theme, but alas, they chose not to. I'm just doubtful that we'll ever get it unfortunately.

Turning back to a new Eeveelution, I hope it's a Dragon-type. That's the last remaining "special" type that's left, and I think a Dragon type Eevee could look pretty wicked. Oddly enough, I'm not fretting over what the design or designs of new Eeveelutions might look like. They haven't disappointed me thus far, and there are already seven of them plus Eevee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back