• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
No, I mean Elm should be the one to choose Kiba's starter, as when he gets there he won't initially have the idea to get a starter, therefore Elm suggests the idea and gives him one.

He's also not the kind of person to get 'picky' about that sort of thing.

RP Banner!

Code:
[PLAIN][title="Join Bleacher's deadly RP, Johto Journeys: Dreams & Nightmares!"][URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299263"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O8zuMpd.png[/IMG][/URL][/title][/PLAIN]

Thank you for the banner WolfofEve, I appreciate it very much :D. Then Elm would choose the starter for you.

@PsychoJigglypuff- Congratulations! You have received are reserved the 10th a.k.a the final spot for 2 days.

If anyone else wants to be in the RP, don't despair, special positions of recurring side characters and antagonists are still open.

Last edited:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Name: Melody Crawford

Sex: Female

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Melody is a tall girl, standing around 5'9, and her signature boots add another inch. While her dirty blonde hair is normally tied in twin braids, she changes it up every so often with a single braid or a ponytail. Still, it's always tied up, and she only lets her hair down for special occasions. Her fair skin is easily burned, and since she spends a lot of time outdoors, she always slathers on a ton of sunscreen before going out for the day. While she isn't athletic, she's still in decent shape from working at the farm. She doesn't shave that often so her legs get hairy, but she doesn't really care. Still, she tries to look nice and presentable; it's just harder to do so when she's out working in the fields. Her outfits are all pretty similar, button–up shirts with shorts or jeans, depending on the day. She also wears jewelry on occasion, but those are for days when she isn't doing anything laborious. Even so, they tend to be simple, stub earrings and chain necklaces.

Personality: Melody is a peppy girl with a lot of energy, which she uses to work hard and play hard. Being stubborn, it's hard to change her mind about anything. Once she starts doing something, she'll stick through with it until the end, whether it's good or bad. Still, she has enough sense that it keeps her out of trouble. Generally, she's open and friendly to everyone, but if she thinks you're suspicious, she'll tell it to your face. Her temper is quick, but also is quick to fade, and only holds grudges if you've broken her trust.

Melody, as to be expected from her name, loves to sing, and really just to perform in general. Her dream is to become a famous country singer, or maybe even a movie star. Either way, she longs for the glamorous life of a star, away from the fields and pastures of her home. While she does love her home, she can't live her dreams staying at the farm. Even though her parents oppose the idea, her desire to go out into the world is always at the back of her mind.

Background/History: Melody was born and raised in the farmlands just north of Olivine City. Her family consisted of herself, two loving parents, two older brothers, and a younger sister. Her dad owned the farm they lived on, and everyone in the family worked on it. They spent their life out in the country, going to Olivine every week to buy and sell goods. Sometimes they would even go to Goldenrod, but that was rare, as her father was never that fond of the city. However, Melody cherished those day trips to Goldenrod. It just seemed so glamorous compared to her life, and she wanted to be a part of it.

While her parents praised her for her singing abilities, when she declared her intent of leaving home to become a singer, they immediately protested. They used the argued with her, saying she was too young to be on her own, and that the family couldn't run the farm without her. Since she respected her parents more than anyone else, she decided to give up her thoughts of leaving for the time being. She still wanted to do it, but just decided to wait it out. However, timed passed and her parents still showed no signs of letting her go.

Just when she was about to take matters into her own hands and run away from home, she received a letter from Professor Elm. The Professor had come down to the farm before to do research on the Miltank that lived there, so the whole family knew him. Still, it was a surprise to find out that Melody had been chosen to become a Pokemon trainer. Now most trainers simply started of their own accord, but being sponsored by a Professor was a big honor for any aspiring trainer. Now while Melody didn't necessarily want to be a trainer, she saw it as her way out. Besides, she was always fond of Pokemon, so she'd probably still have fun. Eventually, after much discussion, her parents finally agreed to let her go, on the condition that she kept in touch and agreed to come back home after her journey was over, no running off to Kanto with some guy or anything like that. Thus, she packed up her things, said her farewells, and made her way to Professor Elm's laboratory, ready for her new life.

(Now I am quite fond of Mudkips, you could even say I "liek" them, but since there aren't any available, Cleffa or Chikorita would have to do.)

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
SU review time:

1. PsychoJigglypuff- Mashta, Melody wants to be nexsht Taylor Swift. Haw haw, me likez har style, Melody can beat her with a singing Cleffa... *yaaawn* *snore x3*
173.gif

- Cute Charm
- Pound
- Safeguard
- Thunder Wave

ORegan, you gotta choose your starter fast man. If hereto doesn't come back by tomorrow, I would have no choice but to start the IC thread and perhaps cancel his spot if we find another willing RPer. :(

Years
Sorry, I've kind've been busy in RL so I've only really been able to check from my phone...But I'll take Seedot if it hasn't been taken.

Also, just because I can't help it, Seedot looks like this guy from MegaMan
MetallC-15MMX1.jpg

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Seedot a.k.a Megaman ripoff is yours.
273.gif

- Chlorophyll
- Bide
- Toxic
- Sunny Day

The IC has been posted. I can't post the IC thread for some reason, I think there is a bug. Everytime I try to post, it just says "the message you entered is too short, please enlarge it to 25 characters". Too bad!

Last edited:

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
That's a shame. :( Whatever the issue is, hopefully it's resolved soon. I'd love to get to roleplaying with this story and get back into writing.

...And hopefully Poland's Blossom (Mari) doesn't turn out as bad as my previous characters in a few ancient roleplays. :Y

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Posting to reserve a spot for my SU as an antagonist. <3
Waiting on PM's and info before I write it up; excited for this RP though.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
YEEEEAAAAAAAHH!!!!!! The IC thread has been posted guys. I don't know what went wrong last time but frankly, I don't care anymore. The waits finally over.

@Somniac- You don't need to reserve a spot forRPing antagonists. Send your SU/s through PM, I don't want to reveal the surprise.:badsmile:

Years
Can I make an antagonist character as well providing they don't come into direct contact with my PC? Don't want to create a conflict of interest, but I also love being a baddie.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Where's the IC? I can't find it.

Same here. I even looked under "threads created by Bleacher" and only found this one listed. It's that goddamn sasquatch messing with the forums again. <.<

It needs to be reviewed and accepted first I think, Bleacher submitted it and now we just need to wait for it to be reviewed by the mods.

There's a sticky for 'check to see if your Rp has been accepted yet', If you check that the last post was the 17th I think, so the next post should have whether this RP gets accepted.

Also: "Roleplay corner; New threads in this forum are to be validated by a moderator before they are displayed."

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
It needs to be reviewed and accepted first I think, Bleacher submitted it and now we just need to wait for it to be reviewed by the mods.

There's a sticky for 'check to see if your Rp has been accepted yet', If you check that the last post was the 17th I think, so the next post should have whether this RP gets accepted.

Also: "Roleplay corner; New threads in this forum are to be validated by a moderator before they are displayed."

Ah okay, I was wondering about that. I thought that it was accepted already. Thanks for clearing that up cause I thought the site was messing up or something haha.

Years
I thought it was already approved over a week ago and fell off the main page from inactivity and "just posted" meant he wrote the opening post to start RPing, but it looks like I was wrong.

So we'll probably be waiting for a couple more days then. Time to learn about what a Seedot is. :P

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
I thought it was already approved over a week ago and fell off the main page from inactivity and "just posted" meant he wrote the opening post to start RPing, but it looks like I was wrong.

So we'll probably be waiting for a couple more days then. Time to learn about what a Seedot is. :P

From what I understand; I think the actual RP has been approved, hence the OOC thread, but he just submitted the IC thread and it needs to be reviewed before it's displayed. Basically the mods just need to check it was actually an accepted RP before it appears.

Edit:
Also, I shall be away Monday, tues and weds. So I'll probably miss the first day or so of the IC being up which is a shame, but I'll be eager to crank out a post or twop when i'm back.

Last edited:

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
How long do you want Chapter 1 to be? I'm making it till Cherrygrove City, if anyone wants I can lengthen a bit. There won't be any encounter with the villains though.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
How long do you want Chapter 1 to be? I'm making it till Cherrygrove City, if anyone wants I can lengthen a bit. There won't be any encounter with the villains though.

From my experience with journey RP's, that is quite long if you take into consideration; Leaving, and ariving at new bark, receiving the starter, entering route 29, wild pokemon fights,trainer fights, arriving at cherrygrove, exploring cherrygrove.

As this is 15years in the future, I think it would be safe to assume Cherrygrove has expanded quite a bit, and has more interesting buildings, shops and sights.

Not saying that you should make it shorter, just saying be prepared for some quite long posts. [I myself enjoy writing more detailed posts]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Like Somniac said, from my experience and looking at other journey RPs most chapter ones are just either receiving your starter and leaving the starter town or the first route. Cherrgrove seems like a little stretch.

Back