• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finding God In Dragonball Z (Idea Approval from LT)

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
Years
Introduction: Yeah I got the idea from "Finding God In Harry Potter". Yes I know Akira didn't intend for it to be related to God. And I have not read FGIHP yet.

Chapter 1: The Long Awaited Saviour Of Namek
Early through the Dragonball Z series, an evil tyrant named Frieza was attacking and destroying the villages of Namek. This could be associated with the Jewish being enslaved on Egypt back in the days of Moses.
At last, their saviour came. Moses errr... Goku. However, a few differences are:
Goku spoke and fought the fight himself. Moses had his brother Aaron to help.
Egypt didn't explode. Namek did.
Those who did the passover and put Lamb's blood on their door got killed. Those on Namek got killed anyway.

This can also be associated with Jesus. Jesus was the long awaited saviour of the Jewish. Their Messiah. Goku saved Namek but suffered. Just like Jesus. But Goku wasn't crucified a big difference. He also was resurrected however. But no one seemed surprised. They made the wish with the Dragonballs.

But another similariouty, was that when Goku died, he was actually honoured by alot of people. It says in the Bible that those in Heaven worship their saviour, Jesus. But Jesus gets much more credit. Not Goku.

OOFF: Sorry that was short. It's a bit late...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
Interesting concept, its hard to tell at this point where this is going, but it should be pretty good later on.

Bringing religion into a DBZ fan-fic, is a difficult to grasp because it really hasn't been done before, hope to see more!

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
Years
LiquidThunder said:
Interesting concept, its hard to tell at this point where this is going, but it should be pretty good later on.

Bringing religion into a DBZ fan-fic, is a difficult to grasp because it really hasn't been done before, hope to see more!
It's not really a fic... ^_^;;; Although, saying that stuff kinda does make it fiction but if you think you can see it...

Next Chapter will be "The Mark Of The Beast - Majin Warriors"

Raichu Master

...who?
Years
*cracks nuckles and prepares to type* B., seeing as how you're not a first time fanfic writer, I have alot of comments to make.

For one the size. I'm sorry but it bugs the crap out of me to see a three paragraph chapter. That's the beauty of Microsoft Word. You type, and then save, and then come back to it. I strongly suggest not posting anything less than 3 pages long.

Description is severely lacking! Some of us don't know what DBZ is, so be descriptive. Instead of saying Goku, describe how Goku looks, the same with any character you introduce. Don't assume anything when writing. The more description the better.

The storyline is lacking, although surprisingly interesting. So you can compare Jesus to Goku? So Namek was similar Eygpt? The point I'm getting at is, tell us more about the subject you're writing about, it appears that you're assuming way too much.

Although I will keep reading, this does sound interesting and if you take some more time with each chapter, it should turn out to be a great story! ^^

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
Years
Raichu Master said:
*cracks nuckles and prepares to type* *Has already prepared since he played AOEII* B.Don't call me that., seeing as how you're not a first time fanfic writer, I have alot of comments to make. Really? So do alot of people.

For one the size. I'm sorry but it bugs the crap out of me to see a three paragraph chapter. Yeah I get that alot. That's the beauty of Microsoft Word. Problem is I don't have that. You type, and then save, and then come back to it. That works. I strongly suggest not posting anything less than 3 pages long. Screw that.

Description is severely lacking! Got a point. Some of us don't know what DBZ is, so be descriptive. I didn't really expect non-DBZ people to read it anyway. Instead of saying Goku, describe how Goku looks, I knew I forgot something! the same with any character you introduce. Yep. Don't assume anything when writing. When you assume, you make an a... Yeah I know that. The more description the better. Not nessecelery in all cases.

The storyline is lacking, Considering it's a help guide, it doesn't really have a storyline. although surprisingly interesting. Really? So you can compare Jesus to Goku? lol. Not really. So Namek was similar Eygpt? In ways... The point I'm getting at is, tell us more about the subject you're writing about, Maybe I should... it appears that you're assuming way too much. Yep.

Although I will keep reading, Thanks this does sound interesting and if you take some more time with each chapter, it should turn out to be a great story! ^^ Cecil!

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
Years
Chapter 2: The Mark Of The Beast - Majin Warriors
An olive coloured gremlin-like being walks out of his three egg shaped space ship, a big 'M' symbol on his belt. Two bulky human figures fly down to greet him, each bearing the 'M' symbol on their head.
This is the symbol of Babidi and Bibidi, when they created their powerful monster, Majin Buu.
This Majin warrior was feared across the universe. A pure evil beast, eventually reduced to an infant. A big, fat, ugly, pink infant.

The 'M' symbol you could relate to as the mark of the beast. A mark enforced to those true followers or the anti-christ. This was mentioned in Revelations. The mark is often '666'.
This 'M' was enforced to those evil on the television show.
However, there are a few differences:
Majin Buu only appeared friendly at one point. And didn't make a treaty with a country.
There WAS a seven year period, but this was before Majin Buu came. Although, toward the end of the seven year Tribulation mentioned in Revelations, the mark WILL be enforced on people. Those caught and do not accept it will be executed.
It didn't work the same however. No rapture or anything.

Majin Buu also didn't appear as an idol or anything. Possibly, when the anti-christ comes to power, he may have a high position of power.
Take the 'Left Behind' series for example. The anti-christ, Carpathia, was apart of the U.N. representing Romania, if I remember correctly.

If the evil "Majin Buu" happened to be Dende, the green Namek Guardian of Earth, it would have more to do with Revelations as Dende was at a high status of power.
But even better, what if it were Hercule, the so called "Champion"? The big, dumb, ugly Hercule. He is a high positional status. If Babidi could get everyone on his side that would be VERY close to Revelations. Imagine that. And those that did not accept his mark must face the wrath of Majin Buu! That would be a VERY close Revelations connection.

OOFF: Sorry if that was still too short. Got a fair bit to do and I'm worried if I save it and get back to it I may forget it later.
But then again, it's better than the last size.

Meh. If I finish it I'll do a revised edition later.

Back