• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

y0r124

EpicTrainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Miksy, Is there any hint for the last maybe hardest sidequest in the game? You can send it anywhere (if you don't want to spoil :D ) maybe PM

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
I also reach the Granaldo city and i have some questions for you Misky:
1. my box was full when i fought with zapdos so i got away safely. Can i meet zapdos again?And catching zapdos is also a mini-side quest?
2. I played this version on my mobiphone so how can i use the running shoes?
3. You said that there were seven mini-side quests but i can found 2: super onix and briefcase.Can you tell me where i can get others mini side-quests?
4. Two forests: one is near Brightbulb city and one in the east-suden.I dont find anything to do in those forests. Will i wait to the next version beta 5 to find somthing in 2 forests?
5. I only found 4 missing pages. That means there are still 2 missing pages. I remember that one missing pages is in the house on the island at western lake. But i cant find the key to open that door? Where is the key and the last missing pages Misky?

1. my box was full when i fought with zapdos so i got away safely. Can i meet zapdos again?And catching zapdos is also a mini-side quest?
3. You said that there were seven mini-side quests but i can found 2: super onix and briefcase.Can you tell me where i can get others mini side-quests?
4. Two forests: one is near Brightbulb city and one in the east-suden.I dont find anything to do in those forests. Will i wait to the next version beta 5 to find somthing in 2 forests?
5. I only found 4 missing pages. That means there are still 2 missing pages. I remember that one missing pages is in the house on the island at western lake. But i cant find the key to open that door? Where is the key and the last missing pages Misky?

Last edited:

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
I can help ;).
B button (look in options which it is).
Spoiler:

Nothing interesting now. Miksy said probably in beta 5 we'll find some interesting thing.
Spoiler:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Loving the game Miks, it's pretty fun! Can't wait to finish what all this beta has to offer. On the next beta, will we have to restart the entire game again? I'd hate to give up my team :(
Thank you! So far, it's impossible to say whether you can continue with beta 4 save to beta 5 or not. The thing is that I may have to organize where certain data is stored in save ram. If I have to do that, your original save files won't be compatible with beta 5.

Hey Miksy, good job! At first, I don't interested in GBC hacks.
But I tried this, wow, the GBC hacks are a lot betters than I thought! :3
I enjoyed this hack so much! :3

Best of luck on this hack. :3
Thanks! Though any GB/C hack can be just as good as an average GBA hack; it could be a lot better, or much worse too of course.

Miksy, Is there any hint for the last maybe hardest sidequest in the game? You can send it anywhere (if you don't want to spoil :D ) maybe PM
King of the Sea sidequest? If you're talking about that, get Exp. Share and start training your Magikarp in Grand Tower until it gets to lv60 or so. Or you could train it anywhere else as well of course.

Once you've managed to do that, equip it with Leftovers / Pink Bow and head to challenge Dustin. Use Flail and healing items (Moomoo Milk / Hyper Potion) all the time until you win.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
I can help ;).
Spoiler:

Nothing interesting now. Miksy said probably in beta 5 we'll find some interesting thing.
Spoiler:
What? Fighting with Magikarp trainer and Defeat Sages is also 2 side quests? But i completed all two quests but my side quest is only 4/7: Legendary birds, Super onix,Briefcase,and Missing pages. Can you tell me where to get the side quest Mew?
And about others'comment: they say about forgotten cave but i didn't find any place named forgooten cave? Can you tell me where it is?

I can help ;).
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
What? Fighting with Magikarp trainer and Defeat Sages is also 2 side quests? But i completed all two quests but my side quest is only 4/7: Legendary birds, Super onix,Briefcase,and Missing pages. Can you tell me where to get the side quest Mew?
And about others'comment: they say about forgotten cave but i didn't find any place named forgotten cave? Can you tell me where it is?

I can help ;).
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
And about others'comment: they say about forgotten cave but i didn't find any place named forgotten cave? Can you tell me where it is?

Hey Misky! How to reset the in-game clock? Because my time is over 10.00.00

Last edited:

Superemon

EmDee
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2017
really like this hack, im impressed, cant wait for the next beta, it reminds me of prism

Years
@Miksy 91 and @aka4794: Thank you very much for all of your answers. I finished 5/7 sidequests. I'm waiting for my Magikarp to increase its level although I gave him Exp. Share and too much time to do it.

I have many suggestion here if you will release Beta 5:
1. Can you decrease the level of Steelix in our first encounter with Isaac?
2. Can you increase the percentage of catching Zapdos in Argent Warehouse?
3. Can you put all the legendary pokemon of Gen. I and II? ;)

And is the Beta 5 will be the last beta of Dark Energy? :)

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
@Miksy 91 and @aka4794: Thank you very much for all of your answers.
No problem ;).

Steelix is beatable (Is word 'beatable' existing? {XD}) ;). If I remember correctly I beat it using Ivysaur. It often use Iron Tail, if it miss, I use Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and then Razor Leaf. And Sleep Powder ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
i encountered Zapdos on some freakin' route .. but i see in the comments it can be captured in argent warehouse .. how can i find it ?????? help please ..

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Anybody here know how to evolve Porygon to Porygon2? And Scyther to Scizor?
If I need specific items like Up-Grade and Steel Coat, how do I get them?

TIA.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
Sorry for the double post, but Gengar couldn't learn Sludge Bomb.
Hope u fix it on the upcoming version. (:

Anyway, can somebody give me the complete list of the pages' location? TIA.
Just for the umbreon one thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 28, 2019
I have a question: I'm at the beginning of the game, and a girl tells mr that she found a Pikachu. I want myself a freakin' Raichu, so I went to the grass right next to her. Leveled up Eevee, Bulbasaur, and Hoothoot up to Lv. 10, with no Pikachu. Does it even appear there? (South Edge of Capitol)
And one more thing. I'm loving this hack so far, and I'm trying to put the banner in my signature, but I don't know how. I have no computer, but I have an Android (Galaxy S 3, if that helps). How do I do it?

miksy91

Years
Although I am still in the part where the guard is asleep I can assure is a great hack
:)

really like this hack, im impressed, cant wait for the next beta, it reminds me of prism
Thanks!

@Miksy 91 and @aka4794: Thank you very much for all of your answers. I finished 5/7 sidequests. I'm waiting for my Magikarp to increase its level although I gave him Exp. Share and too much time to do it.

I have many suggestion here if you will release Beta 5:
2. Can you increase the percentage of catching Zapdos in Argent Warehouse?
3. Can you put all the legendary pokemon of Gen. I and II? ;)

And is the Beta 5 will be the last beta of Dark Energy? :)
1. You're probably talking about the encounter in Area 104? I could, yet I see no need to. It was even more overleveled in beta 3.0 (lv42 in fact if I remember correctly), since there really is no need for the player to win.
2. The possibility of luring it to the highest floor is pretty high but some (maybe 10% of players) may have to struggle with it a bit before getting it there. I don't think it's a problem if somebody has to run around those three spots for 5 minutes. If it takes much longer than that, you've obviously got bad luck. (Also, this is a good time for using Repels.)
3. Mewtwo and Lugia most likely won't appear in the hack because I've no intention in including more than I've made plans for. If I did introduce them too, they would have to be "forced" to be there and I don't want to do that. And I have other good use for their programming as well (whatever this means...).

From what I've planned so far, beta 5 will be around 80% complete release. Final release would come after it (without having beta 6 in between).

Anybody here know how to evolve Porygon to Porygon2? And Scyther to Scizor?
If I need specific items like Up-Grade and Steel Coat, how do I get them?

TIA.
How did you even get Porygon? Or was that just a question for further usage when you've obtained it?

Scyther is obtainable in the hack, Porygon isn't (unless I remember wrong). To get Scizor, just level up Scyther somewhere between lv35 and lv40 (no idea about the exact evolution level really).

Sorry for the double post, but Gengar couldn't learn Sludge Bomb.
Hope u fix it on the upcoming version. (:

Anyway, can somebody give me the complete list of the pages' location? TIA.
Just for the umbreon one thanks.

The TM learning set is quite different in Gen II from what it's like in further generation games. I don't think that's a bug (although it could be changed, true that), just as Espeon and Umbreon being able to learn Cut isn't a bug either. For convenience, I may do something about pokemon learning specific TMs later if I feel like it.

No matter which page you had found at first, you would have still unlocked Eevee. With the next page (whatever it is), you'll get Vaporeon and so on. So yeah, impossible to say which page you're missing but I'd figure it's either the one from Sage Neal or the one from the locked house inside Western Lake.
There has been a lot of discussion about this lately, and you'll probably find the answer you're looking for in the previous pages of this thread.

I have a question: I'm at the beginning of the game, and a girl tells mr that she found a Pikachu. I want myself a freakin' Raichu, so I went to the grass right next to her. Leveled up Eevee, Bulbasaur, and Hoothoot up to Lv. 10, with no Pikachu. Does it even appear there? (South Edge of Capitol)
And one more thing. I'm loving this hack so far, and I'm trying to put the banner in my signature, but I don't know how. I have no computer, but I have an Android (Galaxy S 3, if that helps). How do I do it?
Pikachu does appear in the grass patch in Southern Edge, but its encounter rate is quite low. If you've been training nothing else but train your pokemon there, you should have run into one (or even more) by now.

You can edit your signature under "User Options". There, input the image code (without .s) [.IMG]insert URL here[./IMG] and you're good to go.
Code:
[URL]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7677/darkenergy.png[/URL]

Anyway, many people have been asking questions about Forgotten Cave, Pages, Zapdos, Mew, secret Battle Room prizes etc. and most of these questions have been answered in the thread already. Feel free to either look for possible answers in the previous few pages, or ask about them, I don't mind if you want to ask either. But the thing is, I've been doing lots of other stuff beside hacking (and visiting the forums to answer DE related questions), and been somewhat busy lately, so I don't want you to assume "Miksy is going to answer me soon.".

So search before asking if it has something to do with finishing the sidequests. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
And I have other good use for their programming as well (whatever this means...).
Is some changes in Mewtwo data in beta 4 or not? (In fact, I didn't notice anything :D).

But the thing is, I've been doing lots of other stuff beside hacking (and visiting the forums to answer DE related questions), and been somewhat busy lately, so I don't want you to assume "Miksy is going to answer me soon.".
I'm here often, I'm tring to help ;).

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
But actually in Gen II above, Gengar could learn it (tested it on a Leaf Green). You should make him able to learn it because Sludge Bomb is a very good move to be added to his moveset (a high-powered, poison-typed special attack combined with his insane Spirit(sp.attack)? Wai nut?) . Well, it's just my idea. If you don't like it, then there's no need to implement it on your further releases. (;

Solving your confusion on how I got a Porygon, I used the silver gameshark encounter code to fight him. Well I'm just asking how to evolve him (Yes, I could've used the encounter code to fight a wild Porygon-2 instead but who knows you might add Porygon to the obtainable-pokemon list in further releases lol?).

TIA. Peace.

Hokorashiimesuinu

sinnoh master
Years
Finally got around to catching Zapdos (got a shiny first try yay), so now I've completed the beta. In my opinion, this is better than the official 2nd gen games.

Years
I share my Pokemons in my Party:
Raichu, Articuno, Moltres, Shiny Ho-oh, Super Onix, and Blastoise.

I also caught:
Shiny Sandslash, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile, Lapras (Exchange Gift from Battle Points in Battle Room - 5500 BP), and others...

:)

miksy91

Years
Is some changes in Mewtwo data in beta 4 or not? (In fact, I didn't notice anything :D).
No, not yet. I'll probably replace it with something else for either beta 5 or final version though.

I'm here often, I'm tring to help ;).

But actually in Gen II above, Gengar could learn it (tested it on a Leaf Green). You should make him able to learn it because Sludge Bomb is a very good move to be added to his moveset (a high-powered, poison-typed special attack combined with his insane Spirit(sp.attack)? Wai nut?) . Well, it's just my idea. If you don't like it, then there's no need to implement it on your further releases. (;
Well, it's only going to take like 30 seconds to finish the job so why not, I'll make it so it can learn Sludge Bomb.

Solving your confusion on how I got a Porygon, I used the silver gameshark encounter code to fight him. Well I'm just asking how to evolve him (Yes, I could've used the encounter code to fight a wild Porygon-2 instead but who knows you might add Porygon to the obtainable-pokemon list in further releases lol?).

TIA. Peace.
I'll probably make it so the encounter gameshark code won't do you any good. I don't want it to be possible to cheat to get the pokemon you like. Well, that wouldn't be much of a problem since most people like playing the game fairly either way (and doing stuff like encountering a Porygon shouldn't be bad at all), but the thing is, there will be replacements that may not be obtained at all and they could still be encountered with the same gameshark code.

I just checked it and it's going to take only a little while to disable the encounter gameshark code from running the way it is, so I'll just do that. Sorry for all who like using that fairly.

But anyway, Porygon should evolve by level. It might not though since I haven't intended it to be obtainable (and thus, may not have changed its evolution method at all).

In my opinion, this is better than the official 2nd gen games.
Thanks! But I don't think they can be compared well really. Official games intend to go for basic games in which you travel from place to another by collecting gym badges. This hack is going for something different, and you probably like it how I've implemented it to be that way :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
hehey . down to the last side quest .. how can i strengthen my magikarp ??? it's also shiny by the way :D

Back