• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ooka's Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
This is going to be the thread where I put all of my tutorials. I am hoping to add a few more over the weeks although I am busy with my own hack and school. All of the pictures in my guides are under spoilers.

Ooka's Detailed Walkthroughs
These are for personal use, don't steal them or use them without my consent.​
Inserting D/P Pokemon​
Let's start by opening the program unLz.GBA.
Spoiler:

Once you have the program open, select open file and find your ROM that you will be editing the pokemon in. In my case I will be using Fire Red.
Spoiler:

Well, I believe the numbers can be different but all of my pokemon's pictures are located from 668-1498, in this tutorial I am going to be adding Chimchar in over Charmander so I am going to select 674.
Spoiler:

Now what you want to do is click Save As.
Spoiler:

Open the picture in Paint or any other Picture editing program as shown.
Spoiler:

Now expand the work size and copy and paste a picture of Chimchar off of the internet. Replace the Charmander with a Chimchar and make it look like this.
Spoiler:

NOTE:It would be safe to save the picture as so that you don't replace the picture of Charmander in case anything happens.

Go back to unlz and click the button import and select the Chimchar picture.
Spoiler:

Click write to ROM and change the settings to the ones in the picture below.
Spoiler:

Select okay and you will have successfully have put a D/P pokemon in your ROM, just remember that the pokemon you are inserting should be really close to the same colors as the one you are replacing. Next I will probably do a walkthrough of how to edit the information in PokeAmp.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
how come you didn't check the export pallete,oh and when i replace the sprite some lines show up at the bottom

Ooka

Years
Well, I didn't check the export Palette because I use the same palette as the Charmander when I replace it with a Chimchar.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
And, what about re-sizing bigger Pokemon like Lugia? And if it says, "Image not Indexed" What do you do? You need to add those for people that dont know that. Your guide is very basic. I take it the same as Scizz's guide.

loitraitim

Hoài Niệm Dấu Yêu
Years
Hihi (I live in Vietnam)
Vietnamese:
Toi dang tap lam hack game ve Pokemon
Toi cung dang co 1 ban hack pokemon ten la Pokemon Crazy[V]ie
Toi vao day xem va hoc hoi de con lam game hack do chinh nguoi VN lam ra ^^

So, you asked me?

Ooka

Years
Yeah, you have a point Serenade, but I only want to fix up the guide on Vista and my Laptop doesn't have that so I'll probably edit it sometime this weekend.

Oh, and luckyCHARMS, I'm not a female O_o

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Very handy tutorial kazaam,
it really helped, alot

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, you have to check "Export palette" For other pokemon like:
Replacing Mewtwo with Palkia, because the colors aren't the same.

You don't necessarily have to find a pokemon with alike colors either.
tut.jpg

See what I mean.

DON"T STEAL DIALGA!!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2008
how can I add pokemon D/P to pokedex ?
I mean pokedex in rom have complete 493 pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2008
When I import picture of pokemon and write to rom, and then sprite of pokemon I change black and doesn't have in rom
What should I do ?

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
Years
Is this file of Chimchar meant to look like this. I looked at it when I was checking RS Ball. Can someone fix it for me please. :) And when in game i choose the Pokemon it freezes when i press Z. Could someone tell me how to fix this problem please. I really need it fixed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Is this file of Chimchar meant to look like this. I looked at it when I was checking RS Ball. Can someone fix it for me please. :) And when in game i choose the Pokemon it freezes when i press Z. Could someone tell me how to fix this problem please. I really need it fixed.

did you import the palette as well?

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2008
When I changed it I got Torchic no Chimchar... Anyone know whats the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back