• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
So I've been spriting for a while now and well, it's fun I geuss. Lemme know what you think.
C&C is welcome.

EDIT: All sprites in the Fakedex are public, except for Cublitz, Thundrar, starters, Frostel and Blaziel

If you want to use sprites which are not designed by me, you'll need the original designer's consent, so pm/vm them and get their permission first!

You MAY NOT use sprites which are for Pokemon Iron and Stone, as well as the backsprites! Also sprites with the "DO NOT USE" tag are not for public use.

UPDATE
Tiarra Region FakeDex
tiarra_fakedex_by_tnguye3-d4b2fg8.png

My Fakemon Sprites
Spoiler:

My Fakemon sprites - not my designs
Spoiler:

Pokemon Iron and Stone Fakemon
Spoiler:

Back Sprites
Spoiler:

Trainer Sprites
Spoiler:

Mugshots
Spoiler:

Spriting Tutorial
Hmm I also made a quick tut for those who wanna learn spriting:
NOTE: You should save the image so that you can zoom in on the tut as everything's really small... xD
Spoiler:

Well, lemme know what you think. C&C appreciated.

Last edited:
Years
WOW! These are really, REALLY good! I really like the fire and ice rabbits. I can see them being version exclusives!

So do you take requests? Check my sig for my fakemon showcase thread. I would really like to see a sprite of Tanichi. I should be finishing the vector art for him today.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
You are definitely talented at this. (;
Though I do think the names are a bit generic. Keep up the good work! :'D

Years
First thing I noticed was that you picked great colors for your dragons. And the fire is nicely done as well as the fire-like patterns. Very smooth. Your sprites all have nice balance in terms of color and poses, except perhaps the ice rabbits since they are so pale. Still, it's really pleasing to look at them.

tnguye3

Years
Heya, thanks for the comments and criticism! ^_^

The outlines going straight from lightly coloured to black as the shadow hits is rather extreme, don't you think?
Yeah I agree, the outline however was meant to be the "dark green", not the "Light green" though, never put in the highlight outline, cause I was too lazy. xD
But yeah I see what ya mean.

First thing I noticed was that you picked great colors for your dragons. And the fire is nicely done as well as the fire-like patterns. Very smooth. Your sprites all have nice balance in terms of color and poses, except perhaps the ice rabbits since they are so pale. Still, it's really pleasing to look at them.
Thanks for the comment. ^^
The ice bunnies were one of my first sprites which I practised - that's why they're kinda off, I tried to make them R/S/E style rather than P/D/P - hell the size is even wrong - 70x70 pixels... ^^"

WOW! These are really, REALLY good! I really like the fire and ice rabbits. I can see them being version exclusives!

So do you take requests? Check my sig for my fakemon showcase thread. I would really like to see a sprite of Tanichi. I should be finishing the vector art for him today.
Hi, I don't really take requests but if I feel like it then sometimes I just accept the requests. xD

Well, here're the Tanichi sprites, hope ya like em! ^_^

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EDIT: Tanichi Concept by BleuVII

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
Really like the Tanichi sprites : D

Kinda of a weird name but the concept it's really cool.

Years
Well, here're the Tanichi sprites, hope ya like em! ^_^

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EDIT: Tanichi Concept by BleuVII

THOSE. ARE. AWESOME!!!!

Thank you so much! I'm going to post them over in my thread with a link back here. You truly did a great job!

For those wondering what Tanichi is, or where its name came from, hop over to my showcase thread (link in the sig), or click the spoiler button below:

Spoiler:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
The dragon and parrot pokemon are definately my favorites. Your legendary pokemon, as you noted as difficult to make, looks good except for the eye and mouth expression. I think if you lengthened the face outward those facial features will fall into place.

tnguye3

Years
@ -ty-
Thanks, and yeah I wanted to make the face longer, it's just that I ran out of space... ^_^
I'd have to change his pose or chop off his tail if I were to lengthen his face, but I was too lazy. xD

Anyways, here's my most recent sprite submitted to the Communitydex.

picture.php

SpiralHorn

Feels like an old fart D:
Years
The best ones are definitely Draezor and Drovum. Nice poses, great pallets, good shading, and the contours are nice and tight. I really like Ormole as well, he looks totally legit.

Some of them could use work, though, They look wobbly and kind of sloppy. I'd say just keep practicing on the line art and watch how you handle the curves.

tnguye3

Years
Thanks for the feedback!
It's pretty difficult to do lineart imo but yeh practice makes perfect.

Anyways, update.
picture.php

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Well, I saw your sprites at the Communitydex, so I headed over to your gallery, and I'm like, whoa this guy is great. I started spriting just a few months ago, and my sprites are kinda baddish. My best sprite so far is my wimpike sprite for the Communitydex -_-.

Alright, I love your color choice. I'll focus on my fav for this one:

This looks awesome. So striking. The reason is because of your claws- The way they're angled, and the way you distribute the blackish colors. And the red and tan are perfect highlights. But onto the critique, your right leg (Or left leg for the sprite o.0) is bent at an akward angle. It looks like he's lifting his leg up a fraction of an inch, though why I don't know. If I were spriting, I would put his left/right leg at the same angle and direction as the other foot-- flat. Then I would bend his back a bit. The reason I say this is because of the way his claws are angled. The flow would look great that way. Now, the flow is jabby in places. The spikes on his head should go backwards, just like the red ear/feather thing. For the flow. Also, the other ear/feather should be angled backwards as well for flow reasons. And the stomach should be pushed out front. For flow, again.But still, this sprite is my fav.

Also, some of your sprites are a bit on the large side. For example:

These are all basic stages, and Draezor is a Baby Dragon Pokemon. Look at this, a bit large? I think so. Same with Harepyro, he's around the same size of Draezor. Also, Harepyro is having flow problems :S.

In other words, your sprites are awesome. I find the only flaw in your work the flow, but again, this is IMO.

Good job man.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I personally think that harepyro needs a pre-evolved form to match the other bunny. Or possibly even better might be to take bunnice out of the picture because it's very simple and rabbifrost just doesn't look like a stage 2 pokemon to me

I really love your art though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back