• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Woah, Cosmotone8 what's happened to you? been kissing the floor? :P lol
Hope you get better soon...

@Ark_Silvanos
We won't be able to make custom animations yet it will need ASM to repoint some of the offsets and cr8 new images of the moves plus the pallete's also need changes and still ChaosRush is not having that much progress yet so It'll take a while till we get used to those...

About the new Abilities also requires ASM and repointing but as of now you can I think you can only change the names of the abilities...

New moves can be edited through A-tack but it will replace some of the older moves...

Cosmotone8 hope you get well soon... :)

Years
@tajaros: dude, ur over thinking it :P

By new animations, i was referring to what is currently possible... like add custom backgrounds and just combine the actual animations to make new attacks. its just copy paste + repoint to expand em.

By new attacks i meant expanding the attack table and adding custom effects.

And new abilities can be done using custom battle scripts and a little ingenuity :P... This ofcourse would only work for certain abilities and stuff, so we'd have to wing it and come up with our own.

^None of these need any ASM knowledge, unless we wanted to use custom ASM routines in the battle scripts, which i believe Jambo created a command for. Even then, if we could find out the routines for every ability and how they are called, i dont think it would be too hard to make our own that way either.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
picture.php

Hows town 1

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@nobo71

I'm gonna set this straight even though I'm not a great of a mapper but this map seems too simple...

Try giving the town some shapes by using those trees plus there's no trees in real life that are perfectly aligned....

Or maybe for your reference try reading some tutorials to improve your mapping skills.... :)

Years
true... but for the record, i've been spriting some... so including what i've already got, i have around ~60ish? fakemon. We need to seriously think about using existing pokemon tho, since its taking a long time to get them looking decent enough to insert. I mean in my hack (that i'm going to make :P) i was gonna use a regional dex of around 180, with only about 90-100 of them being fakemon.

haven't been doing any tiles tho. So i think we should either get them off DA or use a rom base.

I dont know about any of you guys, but i barely know anything about this hack. Since only Cosmo and Outkin (and a few other guys i guess) kno the actual plot and story, its like they're the only ones who can actually make progress.

Ok heres a list of things i think we should work on:

1. Pokedex. (I have a list of my fakemon, but i need to kno the other fakemon (types and names) as well as the originals we're using so i can make a semi-balanced list of pokemon.

2. Moves. Are we using new moves? or just the old ones? A list of moves to be added would be good. (i hate the fact that in gen 3 and b4 bugs were only useful in the beginning.)

3. Items. New items? New stones? New health potions, etc?

4. Any new features we're planning on adding?

I mean seriously. Its hard for me to even want to work on this hack cuz i hardly kno a thing about it. Thats why the only things i've been working on were things i could port over to my own hack later. z.z

Years
Name: MrJbsundown
Skill(s): I can write stories well, I am a beginner scripter, I can test the game.
Main role: Either: Story writer, Scripter(I wouldn't be able to do loads but I can do some of the more tedious and simple stuff) or tester.
Past experience: I have written stories quite a bit. I helped my brother write a script for a full length film that never happened. I have scripted some personal projects; nothing major. I can play the game almost whenever, I can play through multiple times, each more thorough than the last.
Contact Information: Email [email protected], PM or Skype: Jbsundown
Time Zone: GMT
Other: Although I am in a British timezone I can almost always be contactable. This would be the first time I work on a big project game, but I am a very fast learner and won't take long to get into swing of things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Good a storyteller
But I have found some black and white tiles on the internet
blackwhitetiles.png

Ok here:
picture.php
picture.php

The teal one is made by WesleyFG the creator on Pokemon Light Platinum

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey, guys like I said before were going nowhere if this keeps up this hack will be a dump... :(

Also did we really made progress in the hack???

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
Name:Mostedope
Skill(s): tester
Main role:Beta tester
Past experience:well ive tried to make my own hacks but i never had a team to help i guess i can also help with mapping
Contact Information: [email protected]
Time Zone: Pacific
Other: None

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Guys, look. I am really sorry to do this, but I am closing down the hack. So many key people have gone inactive, one of them being myself. Others include Nino, Outkin and many more. Nobody has the commitment to go on, and its falling apart. Really sorry guys, but it had to be done. I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but it has. Again, really sorry. :(
~Cosmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back