• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
A place to talk about the fabulous American music reference-heavy anime/manga series, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

With publication starting in 1983, the series starts with the Phantom Blood arc, following Johnathan Joestar, his conflict with Dio Brando, his adopted brother, and a mysterious stone mask that turns people into vampires. While the first two arcs focus on using the Hamon, the well-known third arc, Stardust Crusaders, starring Kujo Joutarou, introduces the concept of the Stand, a (usually) personified form of an ability.

For the purpose of spoilers: Watch out that you don't spoil the stories too much for the people just getting into Jojo by watching the anime.

So is anyone else watching/reading this?

Manga-wise I'm currently a third through Part 6: Stone Ocean so i can catch up to where the manga is now.
The anime is doing pretty well in portraying the manga, and the last episode did a really good job in setting the mood for this week.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I'm currently reading Part 2, 13 chapters in. I liked Phantom Blood, but it was kinda bad, and only the over the top action and reactions were good. It's just that most characters were neglected and the JojoDio relationship wasn't done that well. The action part was good though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I've been reading the manga on and off for a couple of years now. With it being a mainstay in Shounen Jump, I thought it would be cool to start reading it and see why it's been able to keep running for almost 30 years now. It's a pretty great series, really...over the top and action packed, I love it. I'm currently at the Diamonds Are Not Crash arc and Stardust Crusaders has definitely been my favorite of the arcs so far. I'm hoping the anime does well enough that it can eventually adapt all of the arcs, they're moving through this first one at a really nice pace.

When I first saw the anime, I had no idea they would go for that super super over the top approach, with the visual sound effects and everything. It took a bit of getting used to, but I love how ridiculous it can be.

Zet

Years
I didn't think I'd ever see a thread for this.

At the moment I need to read part 7(I finished up to part 6 a few years ago) so I can start on part 8. And as for the anime, I'm really hoping to see Part 2 done as well.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
They've already announced the cast for Part Two. Not sure when it'll start, but I don't see the first arc being able to reach the standard 13 episodes at the pace it's going.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Just finished up part 6: Stone Ocean, which means i just need to catch up on Part 8: Jojolion since i had already read Steel Ball Run before. I must say, Araki is pretty creative on abilities and especially so on finding uses for said abilities.

For the anime, ya, I can't see it being longer than 9 episodes as it is, with 9 being the transition to Battle Tendency, if anything.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Loved both Phantom Blood manga and anime adaption.

Reading Stardust Crusaders atm and I thought the OVA for that was excellent also, it doesn't make much sense without knowing about JoJo beforehand but if you've read Stardust, then I'd definitely recommend the anime.

I made the mistake of watching the '93 OVA before the 2000 one, don't do it. Watch the prequel first in this case, because the whole time I was watching I was thinking about how much it sucked in comparison to the conclusion; serves as a build up only.

Back