• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest [OOC]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Hey I only had ONE character that happened to, so in fact I think I started the orphan train thank you very much!

Were you the first one to reserve a spot? Were you the one who started writing before he remember to reserve a spot?

Hipster Orphan!

Also you made a major location for the orphanage so.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Considering the nature of where this RP takes place, I don't think it that surprising that there would be a lot of orphaned Pokemon. And even more so the fact that they would wind up in the Gold Tribe as they wouldn't have much else to go to.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
To be fair, only one of my characters is an orphan, and he has adopted parents, so technically he's not really an orphan. =P

Besides, assuming the chance presents itself, the whole "orphaned at a young age" thing I wrote for Tavhir is a big character development point, though it won't happen until later on.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
It's quite alright, guys. It doesn't matter if they're orphans or not, they're now part of the Gold Tribe family.

On a related note, I've now begun writing the first post of the IC. It might be a while before it gets accepted, but I suggest anyone who hasn't finished their SUs yet to be quick about it.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I think the relationship between characters will be especially interesting. Especially considering the Hesperian/Stygian backgrounds and the family-like relationship of the Gold Tribe.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Must...Resist...Urge to make orphan!

I have to work from 4-10 tomorrow after school, and 4-10 on Saturday, so I'll be a bit busy this weekend. I'll work on my SU a bit tonight, and finish up ASAP.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I like that I am (as far as ive seen) the eldest. I might even make him older to keep that. I want to be the big guy.
Actual age doesn't matter in terms of who's in charge in the Gold Tribe. Also my character is older than yours. I wouldn't make your character old just because you want to be the head honcho. Make it an age that makes sense for what you have. I was trying to make an old gentleman with a dark secret, and the 50s seemed like the sweet spot for it. I think for what you have your age makes sense.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I'm not referring to being incharge. I want my character to be the sort of... "I've been through everything. I've seen it all, so sit down and listen to ol' Aecron's tale." Though also your guy is a bit ghostly so age wise I'd think he'd live longer.

EDIT: yeah your jellicent. itd be weird if you werent old, and as a ghost who knows how old you'd get.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm not referring to being incharge. I want my character to be the sort of... "I've been through everything. I've seen it all, so sit down and listen to ol' Aecron's tale." Though also your guy is a bit ghostly so age wise I'd think he'd live longer.

EDIT: yeah your jellicent. itd be weird if you werent old, and as a ghost who knows how old you'd get.
Haha, yeah. Just do what's right for your character and you'll have no regrets.

I'm probably going to add to my character's history, because I thought of some things that I should probably address.

EDIT: Just added to and edited my history. Now it doesn't look like there's a huge gap of nothing.

Last edited:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
yeah i think aecron might end up liking your guy cause of the whole, "what happened to the big ol' fights and war and all that fun? Its boring now." That and I could see them being hilarious drinking buddies that Aecron would have a beer and he'd have tea.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Jellyfish live for a LONG time so it's pretty fitting for a Jellicent to be somewhat old.

That being said, I'm young but have only been a member for a mere few years. Even so, we should all still be tight.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
My character WILL be an orphan but will have adopted parents.

And don't badmouth me, I got the idea for this character before the first post was up.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Moving this here. I'm going for "The Phallic One." To be honest I intended on Kallet being an orphan in the first place...Soooo that might happen xD

Name: Kallet "Dauntless" Galliger
Species: Ambipom
Title: Dauntless
Type Mastery: Fighting Type
Nationality: Hesperian

Appearance:
424.gif

Other than the average Ambipom, Kallet has a good deal of muscle. He can actually hit very hard, but he prefers a more elusive combat style. He is extremely nimble. His Pendants are the golden earrings in each of his ears. In his left ear is a shield, showing his need to protect, and in the right is a sword, showing his desire to punish.

Personality:
Kallet is scarcely an adult in terms of age, but no sane person would dare call him mature. Galliger is sarcastic, immature, and dim-witted. It's more likely for him to pull an extremely elaborate prank than for him to do his daily chores. He'd be the first to tell you to go f*ck yourself if you asked him to do a bit of work. Although he isn't the brightest, he'll always be the first to give a snide or clever remark. He's generally friendly, and if you come to be good friends with him he'll make sure to torment you even more than he did before.

Kallet is stupidly brave. He has absolutely no fear when it comes to fighting, sky diving, or standing up to foes. He takes normal fights casually, usually coming up with sarcastic comments about their fighting in an attempt to make them make careless mistakes. Contrary to popular belief, Kallet can indeed be serious. His Pendants aren't for nothing. He believes in rough, military justice and defending those who can't defend themselves. He takes everything into account when battle becomes serious, usually turning into a clever tactician. Usually he fights in a fluid manner, avoiding any attack possible, and attempts to land as many light blows as he can. Although questionable at times, his loyalty to the Gold Tribe is almost unmatched.

Kallet has always had a need to prove himself. To show everybody that ever doubted him that they were wrong. He just has a hard time making himself do so. When he sets himself to something determinedly, nothing can stop him.

History:
Kallet was born in Fargal Keep, both of his parents accomplished warriors in the Hesperian military. His father, an Ursaring, was the captain of the town's guard for a short period of time, and his mother, an Ambipom, was a teacher at the town's military academy. He lived with his parents, and his older brother, a Teddiursa. Although his parents loved him very much, it was quite obvious that they favored the older brother. He always received the best care, the first choice of study, and everything that came with being a first-born. Kallet received slightly-above average care, and was given only what his brother had accomplished. Regardless of his upper-tier status because of his parents, he did not do very well.

The Galliger son tried hard in almost every thing he did, be it his push-ups or full-on sparring with his big bro, but he never seemed to be up to par with his sibling. His parents noticed this and encouraged him to try even harder, although they knew very well that he could ever match the Teddiursa. Kallet knew it as well, but decided that he was going to f*ck reality and do it anyways. His academic studies went very poorly. His comprehension level was far below that of a normal student's. Kallet's physical abilities, however, were superb. He fought larger students easily, his easy-going strategy making them drop their guard. After years of skating by with passable grades, he was close to graduation. All he had to do was best his older brother in a fight. For a while, the brothers were evenly matched. Kallet's Heckle strategy was working well, but his brother learned to adapt to it. That...And he kinda evolved mid battle. Kallet's lack of strategy and the evolution of his brother led to his downfall, his older brother ending it with a single move that countered the Aipom's strategy completely.

Kallet was exiled from the academy that day. That battle is what determined his validity in the school. His parents attempted to console him, but he rebuked them, knowing that they were far more proud of their new Ursaring son. He fled home immediately, making his way to Skyhaven in hopes of making his way as a crewman aboard a skyship. Upon arrival in the bustling town, the Aipom quickly found that you had to be tough to work a skyship. He began training himself, going out into the wilderness for days at a time. This process went on until he was around 20 years old, an Ambipom. On one fateful morning, he was ambushed by a group of rogue pokemon. He managed to fight the majority of them off, but he was struck down by a Toxicroak in particular. The poison type was on the verge of killing him, but a sudden flash sent the foe crashing into a nearby tree. Kallet was awoken by a calm voice, telling him that everything was going to be okay and to relax.

The Ambipom awoke days later to find himself in Union City's White Citadel, a Magnezone floating in front of him. "Glad to see you're awake." If it had emotions, it would have been smiling. The Magnezone took the Ambipom in and entered him into the ECUL as soon as he was stable. After a year or two of constant study and combat, he graduated. Kallet finally found the place he had been looking for: A place he could call home.

Moves: Fire Punch, Fling, Thunder Punch, Acrobatics
RP Sample: A joint post between SV and I. The end of my character, the Swift.
Other:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I can understand the possibility of more than one person using the same trait on their character. I remember in Odyssey me and Ray both had characters with bloodied hands and feet. Though the rate of Orphans is severely concerning, lol. Pokemon on the flying island sure are irresponsible. XD

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Sorry it took so long, but my SU is finally finished! :) Check it out and let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I'm going to include my Sample in just a moment. I'll see what I can get done on my history after that. I have work until 10 tonight. May be an hour or two earlier.

When I went back to the Odyssey IC, I wanted to read the last post again. Still makes my facial hair stand on end.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'm going to include my Sample in just a moment. I'll see what I can get done on my history after that. I have work until 10 tonight. May be an hour or two earlier.

When I went back to the Odyssey IC, I wanted to read the last post again. Still makes my facial hair stand on end.

You mean this post right? This one was awesome :D

Sorry it took so long, but my SU is finally finished! :) Check it out and let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change.

67 years old! Sheesh. Aran is too old for the Gold Tribe, I'm sorry.

Spoiler:

EDIT: the IC is up, guys. Happy posting!

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
OH LORD HELIX ABOVE THAT TOOK SO LONG I'M SORRY.

Hyperbolic apologies and TwitchPlaysPokémon references aside, my SU is below. Open the spoiler if you dare. And if you don't dare then you really need to work on your courage issues, I mean seriously, it's text. Come on. Get it together, man. Is it really that frightening to click a button and look at a sign-up sheet? This is just ridiculous, I don't know why anyone- I'll stop now, okay...

Spoiler:

Now I'm going to bed.

Last edited:
Back