• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

“I think Romeo likes Juliet!” - The May Fanclub

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Would you like to see May make appearance in a future Pokémon game?

Hoenn remakes, yes please! But if that's not gonna happen, I'd love to see contests again in a future game, and May participating as one of the strongest coordinators. I know that's mostly anime canon, but contests were introduced in Hoenn, so why not?

If May were to be replaced with some other character in Advance Generation series of anime, how would you feel?

I can't really imagine that, since I immediately associate AG with May and contests. I really enjoyed seeing her grow over the course of the series, AG would've been completely different without May. She was one of the main characters after all.

Also, am I not a member anymore - sad face -

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh, whoops. Sorry about that, Miau; forgot to add you. XD" Anyway, if I were to replace May in the anime, then it would probably be Misty; she's the original female companion of Ash, and she seems to have quite big of a fan-base, too. Though, would I actually like it if she were replaced? Definitely not.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
No problem, thanks!

I guess that would make sense, it would be like Misty never left the series in the first place. I don't think I'd like that very much though; it was a nice change of pace having a female MC with a goal that she is actively pursuing, like May did with her contests, and having the focus shifted on her rather than Ash for a couple of episodes at a time.

Years
Just a quick notice- I just noticed that I am not on the members list lol

About Hoenn remakes- if they ever decide to make them I'd totally love to see May again :3 I might've hated her at the beginning but she in an ok character I guess ^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'll join I guess. Name:precita.

I liked how funny she was at the beginning and enjoyed the contest episodes.

Just a quick notice- I just noticed that I am not on the members list lol

About Hoenn remakes- if they ever decide to make them I'd totally love to see May again :3 I might've hated her at the beginning but she in an ok character I guess ^^

Really? I think the very beginning of Hoenn is when May was the funniest. She was silly and clumsy but this kind of faded as Hoenn progressed.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Yay im back.
Just a question.
Do any of you think may could have had q dustox if that one episode didnt happen

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Precita! Dustox, hm? I don't know, I just think that a Pokémon like this would be more well-suited for Team Rocket (or even her rival, Drew); it just doesn't go along with May's nature like Beautifly does. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, I suppose! Glad it's happened, though. Anyway, giving this thread a bump, as it sort of needs some activity. xD;; Let's sign-up, guys.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So I was thinking, in DPPt there was the Wallace Cup, where coordinators from any region could compete. If May were to make another appearance in the current series (XY), what would the storyline be? There's no hint of contests in Kalos either, so what would draw May to this new region?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really don't know, haha. Maybe she could be in Kalos to just simply explore and do some shopping, too, perhaps, since it's a region mainly based on fashion? Aside from that, I've no idea what could draw her here. She could be offered a gym leader position of sorts, but that's highly unlikely since she's not much of a battler. :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Manga-wise, maybe, since that takes a more realistic approach. In anime, though, probably not. XD People don't seem to age in the show, and usually have the same form of occupation for a while. Since May's a Pokémon Coordinator, I could see her remain that way for years to come.

Years
Hey guys! Sorry for the disappearance I must fix that ahdhfhghh. May I start a topic? <3

How would you feel if May's Wurmple evolved into Dustox rather than Beautifly in the anime?

Something I've been thinking about since.. well, since that episode first aired. Beautifly fits her very well, more so since the coordinator she admired around that time had one of her own, so I was glad to see she got it but how would she have worked with Dustox had she gotten that instead? It's not as cute or beautiful but can pull off a lot of the same types of moves. Kind of hard to imagine May with Dustox on her shoulder, though. haha

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Hey guys! Sorry for the disappearance I must fix that ahdhfhghh. May I start a topic? <3

How would you feel if May's Wurmple evolved into Dustox rather than Beautifly in the anime?

Something I've been thinking about since.. well, since that episode first aired. Beautifly fits her very well, more so since the coordinator she admired around that time had one of her own, so I was glad to see she got it but how would she have worked with Dustox had she gotten that instead? It's not as cute or beautiful but can pull off a lot of the same types of moves. Kind of hard to imagine May with Dustox on her shoulder, though. haha

I thought we had a topic like that already I could have sworn or im seeing things anyways dustox would poison may with its magical dust hahahaha

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

I would've agree with you on the "not as cute or beautiful", but I grew to like Jessie's Dustox so much, I really see Dustox in a different light now. I've seen that episode with Dustox's farewell twice now, and cried both times. I love it when TR and their Pokemon get some attention and character development, and that episode was brilliant.

And now to answer the question, hehe. Beautifly have the perfect appearance for contests. They're cute and gracious - don't read some of the 'dex entries though, apparently looks are deceiving and these little guys are quite aggressive. So yeah, definitely made more sense for May to have a pretty butterfly, rather than a poisonous moth.

Thing is, while Beautifly is pretty and all, May's Beautifly in particular was pretty bland. I don't mean in contests, but in terms of personality. It started off as a pesky little Wurmple, always stuffing its face before going back to sleep, and then evolved into a boring Silcoon; no harm there though, cocoons can't really do much after all. But I would've liked to see it do something when in evolved into Beautifly, it pretty much only sat on May's head and drank liquid poffins.

Back