• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Congrats on your shinies(Vladimir the Shiny Gods taketh and they giveth away XD)
Soon when someone finally gives me a dratini on GTS ill start MMing it
Also since i dont have any hope of beating the elite four anytime soon im gonna start hunting Golett more

Years
Congrats on all the new shinies and good luck on everyone's hunts!
Just wanted to update my hunt since I haven't in a while:
Snivy: 1540. It got over the odds and is also now my longest hunt!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2016
having never got a shiny...except the red gyarados...i decided i wanted to try and get a shiny...im from the uk and i got a ditto off one of my friends in america....was wondering if it will work for the masuda method or does it have to be from japan?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
having never got a shiny...except the red gyarados...i decided i wanted to try and get a shiny...im from the uk and i got a ditto off one of my friends in america....was wondering if it will work for the masuda method or does it have to be from japan?

Welcome to the club! It has to be from a different language game. If your friend sent you a Ditto from an English game, it won't work, but if he/she sent you a Japanese/French/ect. Ditto, it will work.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2016
Welcome to the club! It has to be from a different language game. If your friend sent you a Ditto from an English game, it won't work, but if he/she sent you a Japanese/French/ect. Ditto, it will work.

ah thanks...saved me wasting my time with that ditto...hoping to get a shiny soon thanks again

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I'ld like to join the club, I love my shinies.

Do you consider RNG abuse to be a form of cheating? I've been slowly getting better at RNGing for the poke's I want. I manage this mostly on eggs, but I've also RNGed Giratina on my Platinum.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
RETIRED CO-OWNERS - These are great shiny hunters of days past who have really helped the club. They are "dormant" co-owners and may reclaim their co-owner status upon their return.

WILD LDD APPEARS!!!

Oh if I could only live up to that with a boat load of new Shiny Stories. But, because I've been hunting a Shiny Slugma (Mat-hatching) from the last time I was seen, I have no news to offer. Other than over 100 hours playing my copy of Black. If the Slugma ever happens, I'm going after a Litwic.

I'm also afraid to look at the last time I logged in.

Hello, yes I didn't die. I did however have a long hiatus from all video games in general, not just Pokemon.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, RingoH! Yes, we consider RNG abuse a form of cheating.

Welcome back to the club, Lady Demoonica Darkmoon! Good luck with Slugma and Litwick! If you go after Litwick, I hope you have better luck than I am. I've been MMing Litwick since last spring, and I'm getting close to hatching 3,000 eggs. You probably don't remember me. I posted on the first page, but didn't return until last spring.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
It's odd to be back. I actually had to use a search to find the link here. I am amazed I remembered my log-in info. V(~_~)V

Well my Slugma and the Ditto from Japan have been in together for a frightening amount of time, and have gone through trading from 4th Gen up to 5th in hopes a change in area (and game) will help. I'm hatching them on White. On Black I'm just being ADD and wandering aimlessly, then head to the tower for Litwick, then grow restless and wander again.

Sorry, no, don't remember you. Though I probably wont recognize 99% of the Club members now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2016
i know this should be in the quick trade section....but this got no replies....im looking for a non english version ditto so i use masuda method....and was hoping someone on here might have an extra non english ditto....or one on a game they dont play anymore or something....i play HG so if anyone can help me out with that please let me know thanks

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Majestic clouds graced the red sky, reflecting iridescently in the shimmering lake below. The SHC watched as the sun climbed slowly over the horizon, illuminating a bright new day of wonder and joy. The Golden Era had begun.

WILD LDD APPEARS!!!

Oh my gosh!!!! :pink_disbelief:

Spoiler:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutely fantastic to see a great legend return!

I'm G-Money, and I, well, hunt shinies. I bet you couldn't have guessed that, "lol."

No new shiny stories!? Well, you know what that means. :cer_tongue: You've failed your duty as RETIRED CO-OWNER, so I'm going to have to promote you to CURRENT, SUPER-COOL, TOTALLY AWESOME LIVING CO-OWNER! :pink_laugh: Welcome back to the club!

I've got a treat, everyone! At last, userbars!

Wow, those are awesome!! Thank you so much! Would you grant permission for me to put those in the first post so any member can use them?

My sister now has a shiny Staravia!

Congratulations to her!

*slips on the luck that was spilt from the luck buckets*

My streak of bad luck is over!!! My first Masuda Method Shiny!!! I'm shocked I won the race. I had an 8 month drought. With a shiny Eevee I can finally get a shiny Umbreon, my favorite shiny. :)

CONGRATS, LATIOS MASTER!!!!!! You soooooooooooo deserved it!! Congrats on winning the race and getting your first Masuda shiny!! 4,800 is an astonishingly high number. Congrats on a well-deserved shiny!

Oh, G, I need to ask:
What counts for the Dragon portion of the Yearly Quest? Is it a Dragon Type or a Dragon-looking pokemon?

It has to be a Dragon-type. Sorry, Charizard! :pink_laugh:

Sweet picture!

Unfortunately, you can't tweak on Platinum. You can enter the interdimensional vortex, but Shaymin and Darkrai won't be there. I guess they fled after realizing that their homes were being invaded in D/P...we must protect the shinies!! Only in the mystical land of Diamond and Pearl do we hold in our hands the power to get the shinies into captivity so they can be safe from evildoers! :pink_giggle:

Also, I don't mean to yell, but could you please spoiler large pictures when you're quoting? There's absolutely nothing wrong with quoting them, but they kind of take up a big part of the page. It's no big deal, just a friendly tip. :cer_wink:

ended up losing 4 shinies that I hadn't backed up

I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I hope you can reclaim them soon! I hope you get another shiny to make up for it. I called the shiny god headquarters to see if they could send you some luck, but the line was kind of staticy on my end...

*picks up phone*
Uh-huh?
Yes?
G-Money speaking.
Yes.
Yes, this is G-Money.
No, not G-Tummy. G-Money.
Yes, with an M.
Um, no. I'm not related to Cofagrigus.
No, this is the SHC. I'm calling to order a bucket of luck.
No, don't ship it to a pyramid. I was wondering if you could send it to Vladimir Makarov. He lost his White save recently and I was wondering if you could send a luck bucket so he can get a new shiny and reclaim his old ones.
No, he's not a pharaoh.
What do you mean by that?
Oh, alright. I didn't realize you already sent him an order.
Why would you send him a shiny sirloin? I don't even know if he eats steak. Those poor Miltank...
*hang up*

Those shiny gods!! I can't believe they hung up on me...

Looks like the shiny gods sent me some luck to make up for my previous copy of pokemon white dying on me, look what I just found.

Oh, that's great! Congrats on the shiny Purrloin! I still don't know why the shiny gods said they'd send you a steak, though... :cer_laugh:

And a quick question: can in-game trades in HG/SS be SR'd shiny, or are they preset?

As far as I know, the in-game trade Pokemon cannot be shiny.

You hit 33 Snivy!
Made 80 Eevee into cakes!
What did you do to 200 Pikachu? D:

SS01 is such a mean person! :cer_disbelief: Although, an Eevee cake would taste nice...

Another Eyecatch hunt over with!! Took me 4082 encounters

Congrats!

hoping to get a shiny soon

I'ld like to join the club, I love my shinies.

Welcome to the club!

As for me? I've been really busy lately, but I managed to do a tiny bit of hunting. I'm up to 753 Eevee now and 10,495 Icefall Cave encounters.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
..Hi!

It's been awhile since I've done anything here..or on my game! I may or may not be active. The only reason I am hear now is because I am playing through Black again :x BUT I MIGHT STAY!

I haven't gotten a shiny since my Zubat a few months ago..I haven't even played any games lol. I am just now using Zubat for the first time in Black. With university and work (imma manager nao) I've been pretty busy..

But yeah. I am playing through in hopes to get a shiny on the way through. If not I might do some REing on Route 5 (already have 1000 REs in from a past hunt) or do some SRing for Landorus..who knows.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Majestic clouds graced the red sky, reflecting iridescently in the shimmering lake below. The SHC watched as the sun climbed slowly over the horizon, illuminating a bright new day of wonder and joy. The Golden Era had begun.

Oh my gosh!!!! :pink_disbelief:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutely fantastic to see a great legend return!

I'm G-Money, and I, well, hunt shinies. I bet you couldn't have guessed that, "lol."

No new shiny stories!? Well, you know what that means. :cer_tongue: You've failed your duty as RETIRED CO-OWNER, so I'm going to have to promote you to CURRENT, SUPER-COOL, TOTALLY AWESOME LIVING CO-OWNER! :pink_laugh: Welcome back to the club!

Shiny Hunter Demoonica wanders into the Club building after a long tireless hunt, and a vacation. Her ever present Shiny Absol, Rubido, by her side. She's covered in the normal dust and grime of a long journey.

She sits like an old story teller and speaks:

"I don't think I have any new Shiny Stories... can't remember posting about the Zubat or not, so it may be 'new' for updates purposes. I am sure I posted the Masuda-hatched Cyndaquil though, I think that was the last I updated.

I'll need to post a full Shiny list soon, see what's where."

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
..Hi!

It's been awhile since I've done anything here..or on my game! I may or may not be active. The only reason I am hear now is because I am playing through Black again :x BUT I MIGHT STAY!

I haven't gotten a shiny since my Zubat a few months ago..I haven't even played any games lol. I am just now using Zubat for the first time in Black. With university and work (imma manager nao) I've been pretty busy..

But yeah. I am playing through in hopes to get a shiny on the way through. If not I might do some REing on Route 5 (already have 1000 REs in from a past hunt) or do some SRing for Landorus..who knows.

Hey! I was reading through old posts the other day, and you looked like a great shiny hunter of the past, sadly lost for generations to come.. But it seems to be member revival week in the SHC, as LDD's back, and now you randomly reappear! :pink_wink: Welcome back!

G-Money said:
Wow, those are awesome!! Thank you so much! Would you grant permission for me to put those in the first post so any member can use them?

I'm glad you like them, and I'd be honoured to have them on the front page! It's just that the image hosting site I put those on was apparently only temporary, (curse you Chinese fakers) which is why none of them are working right now except TSE's, who was smart enough to copy hers to her tPC albums. I'm doing the same now, link will be edited in later.

Good luck everybody!

EDIT: Here are the userbars, I take it we all know how to use the IMG code:

picture.php

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7931&pictureid=63417

picture.php

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7931&pictureid=63415

picture.php

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7931&pictureid=63416

picture.php

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7931&pictureid=63418

picture.php

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7931&pictureid=63414

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Welcome to the club, RingoH! Yes, we consider RNG abuse a form of cheating.

That's understandable. I only RNG my egg bred Pokemon, but I'll keep hunting for shinies. On Emerald I twice encountered shiny Pokemon I accidentally fainted. The second time I encountered one I was tempted to use my master ball because I wanted a shiny so bad.

My dream is to catch a shiny ditto. I want one so bad and since they can't be bred... Well I see it as elusive.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
well yesterday was the one year mark with out a shiny... BUT i got charmander to finally shine after 27238 soft resets and eggs combined. so happy right now that i finally got it!

i kinda want to go after squirtle or bulbasaur now...

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years

I'm a fanfiction writer, so if my post are off... *coughs* blame too many Naruto fics.

Okay, as it has been forever this CURRENT, SUPER-COOL, TOTALLY AWESOME LIVING CO-OWNER is going to turn on her copy of Black and give you all a rundown of her Shinys. All of them, divided by source.

Caught on one of my various 3rd Gen and up games (Count: 29)
Gloom, Vileplume, Bellsprout, Victreebel, Tenacool, Gengar, Starmie, Bellossom, Heracross, Mightyena, Zigzagoon, Linoon, Seedot, Swellow, Wingull, Pelipper, Sableye, Lairon, Manectric, Roselia, Seviper, Baltoy, Dusclops, Absol, Bidoof, Shinx, Gastrodon, Golbat, Typhlosion

"Clones" (not counted) (Count: 5)
Tentacruel (from above Tentacool) Nuzleaf & Shiftry (from above Seedot), Claydol (from above Baltoy), Dusknoir (from above Dusclops)

Trades (Count: 9)
Ninetails, Machamp, Crobat, Beautifly, Luxray, Budew, Leafeon, Zubat, Espeon (as an Eevee)

Events (Count: 10/7)
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu (only 1 counts), Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Zigzagoon, Zigzagoon, Gyarados, Gyarados (only 1 counts)

Trade-hacks (not counted) (Count:3)
Tyranitar, Shaymin, Arceus

Total Shiny Hunter Club Count: 45 of 56 are Club acceptable

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Haven't been around here in ages even though I am around the forum a lot.

Nothing new really for me though, been doing a lot of challenges and hoping to get a shiny through that. But with buying the VITA I have been playing that far to much.

Years
I guess one could call it a shame, but...
MY COLOR SCHEME HAS CHANGED!
I now specialize in all shines if the ocean color pallet variety (if yellow and purple fit into that group)

because my hunt has ended

between 1,000-2,000 SRs and many voltorb flip games to cut through the boredom, abra is mine! I have thus named him albus and have evolved him into a kadabra. His nature is surprisingly a good one: quiet, so yay!

Now to beat whitney...and then on to eevee! I am joining back in the race even if it has already been won (congratulations btw, and congrats to anyone else who snagged a shiny). Blue ringed umbreon here I come!

Back