• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Going back to Clemont for a second. If it isn't anymore obvious that he's an Electric type Gym Leader, just look at the little lightning bolt that his hair makes on the top of his head.

So is it possible that we could have another villainous gym leader like in Gen 1 Kanto and remakes!
It's not impossible!

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
So is it possible that we could have another villainous gym leader like in Gen 1 Kanto and remakes!

It wouldn't be much of a plot twist now that we know who the 5 scientist of Team Flare are. Still this doesn't mean that any of these 5 scientist is the leader, it could play out that the man among the 5 scientist could act as the leader and the true leader of Team Flare could be a Fire-Type Gym leader in disguise, maybe even the last gym leader.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I don't feel like they would just have a random gym leader rock the fairy type, it would either be the last gym leader who turns into a very important story element, or the champion.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Yeah I saw this pointed out on another Forum but I think it's just a small error, their main intention was to just show off the Pokébank feature.

Idk after the type change with steel maybe they are getting rid of gender neutral sex. I mean everything has to be a boy or girl.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Idk after the type change with steel maybe they are getting rid of gender neutral sex. I mean everything has to be a boy or girl.
However Magnezone is a robot. Though you're right they could've changed things...if they did get rid of neutral, and if it's for all Pokemon including legends they should make several legends have a set sex like Lati@s, and Cressilia. Kyogre female like the mythical Levithan, and Groudon male like the mythical Behemoth. Also Registeel and Regice should be female as they look feminine while Regirock and Regigigas should be male. Also Darkrai should be made male like he should've been as he's Cressilia's counterpart.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That's not true. There are animals that assume both sexes, mostly aquatic beings, but still. Some amphibians and reptiles can change gender as well.

Genderless simply is a representation of creatures with no defined gender. Pokemon wise these are mainly the Pokemon that seem more artificial than anything. The Site may default a gender in the bank as there may not be an option for Genderless on there.

However Magnezone is a robot. Though you're right they could've changed things...if they did get rid of neutral, and if it's for all Pokemon including legends they should make several legends have a set sex like Lati@s, and Cressilia. Kyogre female like the mythical Levithan, and Groudon male like the mythical Behemoth. Also Registeel and Regice should be female as they look feminine while Regirock and Regigigas should be male. Also Darkrai should be made male like he should've been as he's Cressilia's counterpart.
It really wouldn't make sense to start assigning things that never had a gender to begin with, some sort of gender. Why change that?

Genderless still exists. I just rewatched the Demo and Mewtwo did not have any symbol by his name to indicate gender. So its most likely an error on GF and TPC's part.

blue

gucci
Years
Idk there's a rumour that there will be a Fairy type Gym leader, and it's pretty obvious that there is going to be what with it being a new type to this generation. However there was a Gym that appeared to be an Electric-type Gym in Lumiouse City (The Eiffel Tower building) so I suppose that could support Clemont being an Electric-type leader..

tumblr_mo8wgxj6hl1qkl17no1_500.png

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
It really wouldn't make sense to start assigning things that never had a gender to begin with, some sort of gender. Why change that?

People could of said that about gen one.
In terms of legendary pokemon , there are many of the same species so they kinda have to be able to breed right?

And in terms of not haveing genders I think it's kinda stupid to be gender less but to still be able to breed with something else am I right . And in terms of sense lets look at female machoke and Machamp
Now that's just stupid GF should of created a female counter part for that one .

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
You can't take Pokemon too seriously some times, some of these pokemon are born with clothes, born with babies, Skitty <3 Wailord, etc..

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
First off, part of your post doesn't even make sense. Namely your first sentence. oO; Anyway..

If you're trying to correlate this with the anime, then I think you're forgetting that games =/= anime. They're kind of like in two different universes, if that makes sense. Only one of a kind can exist in the games, I believe (I can very well be missing something but that's the general thing with legendary Pokemon).

I don't think it's "stupid" to be genderless in any case, but hey, one person's opinion.

Well I just assume that the mewtwo that we saw in gen 1 isn't the same we will catch in gen6
I assume the 3 shiny dog pokemon are diffrent than the one we get in game
I assume the heatran and cresscilia we get in gen 4 is different than the ones we get in gen 5
I assume the spirit trio from D/P are different than the ones we see in BW 2
I assume the regi trio we get in gen 3 are different than the ones we can get in gen 4 and in gen5
I assume the bird trio we get in gen 1 and 3 are different than the ones we get in gen 4 Platinum and the remakes
I assume the main legendary pokemon we get inR/S/E are not the same as the ones we get in HG/SS

But hey maybe the games don't correlate with other games so I can be wrong

Oh and since you couldn't understand the first sentence , it basicly ment the no pokemon had genders in generation 1. I understood why they changed it. So I figure since they are restructuring part of the mechanics this gen why not the genderless

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I think we should discuss on the rumored names this leaker provided, given that he got a lot the names right the remaining may be legit.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It's name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

I know we can't do much with just names but its something to talk about.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I think we should discuss on the rumored names this leaker provided, given that he got a lot the names right the remaining may be legit.

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It's name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

Wasn't the leaker this gen pretty acurate ?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Okay, so answer this: why can't there be more than one without them actually reproducing? Why is it, according to you, that everything has to breed? You can only catch the Regi trio once in R/S/E. Same with HG/SS. You can catch Kyogre and Groudon once in R/S/E. Same thing in HG/SS. It's a one of a kind deal in one game, but there can be multiple Pokemon. It could possibly be sorcery for all we know, but that's the way that GF intended it, so we have to deal with it.

Ok so it can be sorcery
Or it can be the more logical breeding which every other pokemon can do except the legendaries. Lol

The only reason there is one is because they would become less rare and not to give you a huge advantage. Kinda like not to have a tema of 6 lugia going against the elite four .

But sure your answer of sorcery makes much more sense lol Jk

Years
I assume the mascots of gen's 3-5 (possibly gen 6's too) are one of a kind, oh and Arceus (Arceus has been shown to create the creation trio so they likely don't breed.)
It's beleived the Kyogre from Fiore is the one from Hoenn after Emerald so I like to assume it (and Groudon, and Rayquaza) move around.
Lugia and the birds likely aren't as it appears they have nests. Entei neither as it's dex entry implies one is born when a volcano errupts.
And Heatran proably isn't either nor Lati@s as they have genders.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
As Magma posted above, I imagine some of them breed (Lati@s, the birds) and some of them are created (Creation trio), supposedly by Arceus. I honestly don't believe they all breed. As for the game themselves, the fact that there's usually only one of each kind is just to reinforce the idea that they're suppose to be super rare creatures.

That's the way I see it.

Years
As Magma posted above, I imagine some of them breed (Lati@s, the birds) and some of them are created (Creation trio), supposedly by Arceus. I honestly don't believe they all breed. As for the game themselves, the fact that there's usually only one of each kind is just to reinforce the idea that they're suppose to be super rare creatures.

That's the way I see it.
Exactly.

Now back to the names if that look into the origins of Terruna is right then maybe it's Mega will look similar to Sakuyamon which seems associated with the moon. So the digimon jokes could come true...

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years

Dedenne (デデンネ)
Torimian (トリミアン)

So far, from what I've put in bold, these are the names he has gotten correct so far. It is safe to say that all of the others on this list will be real, which is awesome because a blizzard wolf is something I'd like to see in Sugimori art. Also remember, this leaker posted these names before Dedenne was revealed, so this is pretty legit stuff here.

The only thing I noticed is that he misinterpreted Fennekin's evolution as something else.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So far, from what I've put in bold, these are the names he has gotten correct so far. It is safe to say that all of the others on this list will be real, which is awesome because a blizzard wolf is something I'd like to see in Sugimori art. Also remember, this leaker posted these names before Dedenne was revealed, so this is pretty legit stuff here.

The only thing I noticed is that he misinterpreted Fennekin's evolution as something else.

I think there are a lot of mistranslations in it. While the actual names are there, what they are may not be what he originally thought. He called Fennekin's evo "related to" Froakie's Evo so there was an apparent translation error for him. He also got Bunnleby's wrong as he thought it was a ground hornet/bee.

Horubii was Bunnleby's Japanese name.

So we may not have an Ice Wolf or a new Deer.

So we have:
Dianshii
Borukenion
Burigaron
Jigarude
Mafokushii
Fuupa

Ya I've got nothing on these...

Years

Dedenne (デデンネ)
Torimian (トリミアン)

Seeing as I recognize a handful of those names, I'm more inclined to believe this guy. And I'm pretty sure the Fossils were on that list too, the Rock/Dragon T-Rex and the Apatosaurus one, IIRC.

I wonder if this is the multi-formed Cat we got? I don't recall seeing its name.

And that 'moonlight moth' and wolf Pokemon sound really cool. I may have to use those two.

Back