• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
It's just that "unhandled exception" error when Writing to ROM.

It's the original Venusaur sprite, I just saved it from unLZ and imported it without messing with it. One thing is, when I import Venusaur into APSE and Synchronize Palettes, the colors are a little messed up, but then I just import it again right after and it clears up all the imperfections. Don't really understand why that is but ok.

I've been importing it one by one thus far.

I've tried changing the most minor things (like changing a light purple color in a shiny palette to white) and it still gives me that unhandled exception error when I Write to ROM.

(thanks for the extensive help btw)

Aha! Now I know what the problem is! (Sorry for the late reply. I had to sleep too.) What you should do is take a clean FR ROM, Open it with APSE, export the Venusaur sprite (File>Export) Then open the ROM you are using and import the Venusaur sprite you exported earlier. :P Hope it helps. It works for me always.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Is there anyway to not allow people to enter cheats in the game? I'm making a game or switching some things around in my FR and plan on having a little competition with my friends and wanna make sure no one cheats to win lol is there a particular script or setting?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Aaaah, i use NSE Classic for overworlds and 2.0 for sprites. Now, I spent ages figuring what is wrong and it was the PALETTE! I used 0x13 (from deoxys triangle overworld) and that caused the glitch...

I know theres only a few palettes to use in overworlds, and its too late for me to apply JPAN's engine, so which palettes can I use? Just the overworld (people ones?)

The ones that work in game. Those you can use:p.

Is there anyway to not allow people to enter cheats in the game? I'm making a game or switching some things around in my FR and plan on having a little competition with my friends and wanna make sure no one cheats to win lol is there a particular script or setting?

Well, cheats (I'll assume GameShark or AR type) work by "hooking" into the ram and then altering it. So, in order to prevent cheating, you would need to use ASM and rewirte all of the RAM storage to shift it around. This would be quite difficult. My advice is to put something at stake for cheating. Like anyone caught cheating has to pay each of the other guys $20. Cheating is fairly easy to note, excessive shinies, high stats, more than one of a single legendary, more than one master ball, and pokemon not found in FR. So, I would say put up a little punishment for cheating and hope you can trust them:p.

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Does anyone know where I can find an overworld sprite of Snorunt? I've been looking for a LONG time now... With no success >:(

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I meant an overworld sprite that I can download and insert into a ROM.

Why don't you just make them? There's the sprite you can use all that's left is giving it a 16x32 resolution, coloring it's background and either index it and insert it to your ROM or redraw it using an OW editor. :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Whenever I try to make a new person event in Advance Map say something, the message box doesn't happen, even though I can hit "Open Script" and see that the script should work. The person will still face me, but it won't talk. What's gone wrong?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
The ones that work in game. Those you can use:p.

Well, cheats (I'll assume GameShark or AR type) work by "hooking" into the ram and then altering it. So, in order to prevent cheating, you would need to use ASM and rewirte all of the RAM storage to shift it around. This would be quite difficult. My advice is to put something at stake for cheating. Like anyone caught cheating has to pay each of the other guys $20. Cheating is fairly easy to note, excessive shinies, high stats, more than one of a single legendary, more than one master ball, and pokemon not found in FR. So, I would say put up a little punishment for cheating and hope you can trust them:p.

What about rare candies? Could you see in the code if someone put the code in?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone know where I can find an overworld sprite of Snorunt? I've been looking for a LONG time now... With no success >:(

Maybe this could help?
Clicky~

But what robin22gongon provided you also has Snorunt's OW sprite. Just scroll a little bit down.

Oh really? Were you looking so hard you never used Google and didn't click the second result? :P

You need to be more patient and kind with others, like how others are patient and kind with your questions.

Whenever I try to make a new person event in Advance Map say something, the message box doesn't happen, even though I can hit "Open Script" and see that the script should work. The person will still face me, but it won't talk. What's gone wrong?

Post your script in the Script Help Thread. Maybe something is wrong with the script itself...

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Well if its actually FACING you, then its just your msgbox command. Xse 1.0 has a problem where you need to put
msgbox @msg
Callstd 0x6

Instead of
Msgbox @msg 0x6

So check which xse you have. Gamer2020 has the newest version in his/her/it's toolbox.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Well if its actually FACING you, then its just your msgbox command. Xse 1.0 has a problem where you need to put
msgbox @msg
Callstd 0x6

Instead of
Msgbox @msg 0x6

So check which xse you have. Gamer2020 has the newest version in his/her/it's toolbox.

FYI, that's not a bug, it's how the message box is actually implemented in the game. All XSE 1.1 does is more cleverly accept the input information. But if you look at the raw data what you'll actually see is

Code:
loadpointer @msg
callstd 0x6

XSE simplifies it and hides that complexity from you, that's all.

karatekid552

Years
FYI, that's not a bug, it's how the message box is actually implemented in the game. All XSE 1.1 does is more cleverly accept the input information. But if you look at the raw data what you'll actually see is

Code:
loadpointer @msg
callstd 0x6

XSE simplifies it and hides that complexity from you, that's all.

But for some reason, 1.1 refuses to use that syntax, making all scripts that were made on 1.0 incompatible-_-. It would be nice if both formats were accepted.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
One of the questions which... I don't know, were asked earlier? I just want to ask, how to cancel the option of the selected a Boy or a Girl in FireRed? I mean, once we choose one, we can't go back and pick the other. Obviously I ask this because I have something different than Boy and Girl in my mind. So how do I make it so?

karatekid552

Years
One of the questions which... I don't know, were asked earlier? I just want to ask, how to cancel the option of the selected a Boy or a Girl in FireRed? I mean, once we choose one, we can't go back and pick the other. Obviously I ask this because I have something different than Boy and Girl in my mind. So how do I make it so?

So, you want to be able to go back and select a different gender later? I'm slightly confused....

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
So, you want to be able to go back and select a different gender later? I'm slightly confused....
He wants to take the choice of gender out of the game. I think there is a program to completely erase the intro, however there should be a way to take just the gender choice out. I'll look into the program later.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I have for you three questions.

1. It is possible to make HEADBUTT TREES in Pokemon Ruby? And what SCRIPT would look like?
2. It is possible to make SINNOH UNDERGROUND minigame in Pokemon Ruby? And when it is possible how would look like scirpt and what I should prepared.
3. How add extra one Trainer Sprite without earsing existing ones to Pokemon Ruby? <I want make three teams in my game. MAGMA, AQUA and ROCKET>

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Okay, I was playing pokemon flora sky and hacking it at the same time. I deleted bulk up for my infernape, but I felt bad, so I went to a-tack, and I changed rock smash effect to that of bulk up, so that it damages and rasies attack and defense. I tried the game, it glitched everything up. I couldn't use rock smash again or it would freeze. I couldn't even teach it a new move or the game would freeze. Rock smash type be an upside down normal type. Literally. Normal was upside down. Remember, I changed the effect of rock smash from 69 to 108. So I decided to change rock smash back to original. I went to a-tack, but whenever I click on rock smash, it shows: Runtime error 308. Invalid property value. And Everytime I click ok or cancel, it exits a-tack. So I can't edit rock smash. Which leaves my game glitched up. Help?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
You probably didnt repoint or something. If its the whole move table then you messed up all the routines...

karatekid552

Years
I have for you three questions.

1. It is possible to make HEADBUTT TREES in Pokemon Ruby? And what SCRIPT would look like?
2. It is possible to make SINNOH UNDERGROUND minigame in Pokemon Ruby? And when it is possible how would look like scirpt and what I should prepared.
3. How add extra one Trainer Sprite without earsing existing ones to Pokemon Ruby? <I want make three teams in my game. MAGMA, AQUA and ROCKET>

1. There is a thread around here somewhere.......

2. That would probably require a little ASM if you wanted to play with other people, and it would require a lot of different scripting, not something I can make a simple example for.

3. Have fun:p. There are 6(?) ASM routines that load trainer sprites and all of them have limiters to prevent an expansion. You would need to repoint the sprite table, expand it, and then hacking the routines to allow for more.

My suggestions- learn ASM and get very comfortable with scripting. Pick something you want to do, a goal, and try to find a way to do it. Start small and then get bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back