• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PETA Strikes again...

Years
"Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people. (...) All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. (...) The art of propaganda consists precisely in being able to awaken the imagination of the public through an appeal to their feelings, in finding the appropriate psychological form that will arrest the attention and appeal to the hearts of the national masses. The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (...) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning. This sentiment, however, is not complex, but simple and consistent. It is not highly differentiated, but has only the negative and positive notions of love and hatred, right and wrong, truth and falsehood."

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (...) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (...) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."

Some quotations from a master of propaganda. It looks like PETA knows what they're doing.

Years
I saw a study proving that dogs have a similar if not identical emotional intelligence as humans. Soon we'll be re-visiting what makes something human and organisations like PETA will be labelled terrorists as well. I'm not concerned, science to the rescue!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Hm, koff~

Why can't all the mass shooting sprees happen within the PeTA buildings? That way people would cease to complain about all the violence. Somebody has to smack them in the face physically. . .

Also, I think they have broken a few laws regarding their parody. Laws state that parodies are fine and dandy, but the use of licensed characters and personalities are not (Pikachu). If Nintendo did indeed wish to sue, I'm sure they'd have grounds for it. Who knows, maybe it's underway right now, or maybe Nintendo wants them to continue for at least a couple of years, then just sweep them clean for numerous violations, koffi~

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Hm, koff~

Why can't all the mass shooting sprees happen within the PeTA buildings? That way people would cease to complain about all the violence. Somebody has to smack them in the face physically. . .

Also, I think they have broken a few laws regarding their parody. Laws state that parodies are fine and dandy, but the use of licensed characters and personalities are not (Pikachu). If Nintendo did indeed wish to sue, I'm sure they'd have grounds for it. Who knows, maybe it's underway right now, or maybe Nintendo wants them to continue for at least a couple of years, then just sweep them clean for numerous violations, koffi~

I guess that would work since legal fees cost quite a bit nowadays suing them for a few million dollars or even more wouldn't be that bad. I can see them actually suing PeTA because well they are doing illegal things by using copyrighted and trademarked individuals like Pikachu and Mcdonalds as stars for their parodies that well is getting people on their side that has one light bulb in the middle and they're claiming to be the good guys... I though don't understand why someone hasnt gone in there and sued them for the way they treat animals and such I had a link to images and descriptions of what happens in their facilities it is disgusting and yeah honestly a shooting of sorts should happen to the idiots who run the place and who call the shots

Years
PETA just use stuff like this to get attention and hope people will agree with them. The best thing to do is just ignore them... and these parody games just make people hate them even more. You're not helping yourself, PETA.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
PETA call themselves an Animal Rights group but they do not really benefit animals. I am truly disgusted that they kill almost all the animals that are surrendured to them. I know Euthanasia sometimes is needed, but it seems like they dont even try to rehome the animals at all, they just kill them. I read they are considered a Humane Society and I dont think they should be... Im guessing they kill them because they think the animals are better off dead than with people, which isnt true. There are many people that would be willing to help these animals by fostering them and adopting them but they dont give them the chance. If I could, Id open my home to fostering a few dogs or cats or even adopt some myself. I think what they do is just horrible. They're just in it for the money I guess. They would be taken more seriously if they didnt do that attention seeking stuff and actually did something to try and help animals. You can still raise awareness and educate people without resorting to exteme measures.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Okay, honestly, the woman's reaction was weird in terms of the games.

But I WILL admit that Pokemon Origins is seriously screwed up. I'm surprised it doesn't have blood and gore - it doesn't hold back other than with that.

Also, the Onion is much, much better.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think GF goes very far in avoiding depicting mistreated Pokémon, hence Team Rocket and certain trainers no longer having whips in games made after Pokémon became a worldwide phenomenon. The PETA overreacts a lot.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Sources also say that Bryant recently filed for divorce after catching her husband hiding in the bathroom on the toilet playing the game. He apparently told her to "**** off" as he was about to catch a Shiny Mr. Mime.
This has to be one of my favorite quotes of all time. Priceless.

As far as PETA goes, I haven't looked into them much. I don't look them up because from all the accounts I read, they're crazy. The article doesn't help much with deterring that argument. I just tend to ignore all of their statements and whatnot. Although, if I need a good laugh, I'll look up some conspiracy theories.

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
PETA in general is full of people who join this group so that they can validate themselves as good people and ride on their high horses and look down upon us. It takes a certain kind of pathetic to use a terrible organization to make yourself feel superior whilst also doing it for the attention as if you were some kind of celebrity with a dead-end career.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
It takes a certain kind of pathetic to use a terrible organization to make yourself feel superior whilst also doing it for the attention as if you were some kind of celebrity with a dead-end career.

So... like Britney Spears? Cuz she, like, is getting better at it.

Which is my point:

PETA it bad.

It may get worse.

It may stay the same.

It may get better.

Depends on the future members.

Years
PETA are a complete and utter joke, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't even eat meat himself. Their desperate attempts to deny the existence of a food chain are truly hilarious. I do believe that there is some work to be done in preventing the unnecessary suffering of animals, but to launch such an attack upon anything mildly meat related is ludicrous, and Nintendo should seriously sue them for this blatant theft of intellectual property. In fact, Nintendo have issued a statement which makes it clear that they're a bit pissed off, I'm not sure why they didn't take it any further. Funnily enough, a PETA member is currently trying to sue Nintendo for 'emotional distress' caused by pokemon, which I find quite hilarious.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Relating to Bryants daughter http://www.p4rgaming.com/peta-member-traumatized-by-pokemon-sues-nintendo-for-emotional-distress/

with the 3DS I would hate to be her, it must be really sucky to be brought up with people like them because I would hate having a mother like that and if she did that I would really lose my marbles. Hopefully with the divorce they go with the interest of the child "QUICKLY GET HER TO THE FATHERS, BEFORE THE MOTHER DECIDES TO TEAR US IN HALF!"

Can we sue her for causing us distress over the accusations she has thrown at nintendo?

Last edited:
Years
Because they don't value life for its own sake. Death is not abuse, death is not suffering. It's all about the message, all about the image.

Back