• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing the ending credits (Fire Red)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
This is a tutorial on how to edit the ending credits in Pokemon - Fire Red Version.

so we are all hackers here and this is something really simple that we probably all know how to do... maybe...

But I wanted to point something outm and what better way to do it than in a nice tutorial...

What you will need:
a Fire Red ROM (BPRE)
a hex editor

Like most hackers I gave my hack a new name... (because Fire Red was already taken) and as I tested my new game I got to the end and noticed right after beating the elite four
" POKEMON - FIRE RED VERSION
STAFF"
well those sneaky bastages...

I wanted to change this... so I tried it in advance-text... no luck it wont repoint this data... and if my new name were exactly the same size we might be ok... but my name is considerably longer...

how can I fix this?

well the offset (given by advance-text) is 41d195...

so lets open our rom in our favorite hex editor and jump to 41d195

we should see:

Spoiler:

Now what we are looking at here is words... in hex...
I have attached a .txt to this post showing how to decode it (or write your own hex words)

but to make things simple I will decode it for you ;)

Spoiler:

now wait just a minute...

y is Leaf Green Version in my ending credits...

well the answer is...

WHO CARES!!! the game knows to skip from the FF after the title to the FF before the director... so lets use that to our advantage...

the spaces before Pok/emon Fire Red are important... so make sure to keep 3 spaces... then... insert your new game title, dont worry about keeping it the same length as " Pokemon Fire Red Version" because in reality you have twice that (nearly)

so keep this format and you are good to go

(3 spaces) "New awesome name" /n Staff /x (whatever is left of leaf green) /x /n /n director

the /x /n /n Director should not move so you are limited on space a little...

mine looks like:

Spoiler:

Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20Version%20WIN.png

Here I very nearly maxed the characters (and had 3 lines of text)
Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20Version%20WIN2.png

but the third line looks silly... too close to the bottom...
so I removed it (pretty sure we know the credits show the staff)
Pokemon%20-%20Ultra%20Violet%20Version%20WIN3.png

Last edited:

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
This is an extremely awesome tutorial, I have been waiting for one like this for years. Have you figured out the offsets for the staff names yet? If you did, would you mind sharing them? I've wanted to edit those as well.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
This is an extremely awesome tutorial, I have been waiting for one like this for years. Have you figured out the offsets for the staff names yet? If you did, would you mind sharing them? I've wanted to edit those as well.

Why not just convert the name to hex and search for them?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024

as far as writing them down... no...

but if you have a hex editor that can accept tables you can load that file (attached above) as a table... and you xhould be able to actually read the names from your hex editor

I use GoldFinger

open your rom, then go to open table... name the .txt file (above) a .tbl and open it...
then jump to the offset for the credits and just scroll down... hex on the left text on the right ;)

now with those you will be limited on space you dont get the extra free space due to the leafgreen name... but with a bit of work im sure you can augment it to say whatever youd like.

I just got a save state right beforethe final battle with your rival and beat him over and over to test it... you can even do a savestate near the end or slightly after your fight with him and just keep reloading it to watch the credits...

I would keep my savestate before the credits tho so they are reloaded each time. if your savestate is during the credits it may not load your changes...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 11, 2014
Thanks for d' post
It's helpful, and i can put my name and my team here ^_^

Thanks for TS :)

Back