• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Hey Guys/Girls. Dose anyone know how to modify the Map Screen so it can be a 'Scrolling Map'
Cause when I made my Map I used a Templete that dosent fit the INGAME Map proportions, so now I wanted to make the map Scrollable.
Thanks for any help.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
^ i think it says that in the notes.html...not sure all i know is that my map was automatically scrollabe...idk

well my question is how i can edit the options screen, and the screens were u start the game up?
(background and stuff liek that, idk if they are images or not, but i looked and didnt find any that matched)

1zoc4fr.png

like i want to know how to make it only have that size and the size up, and how to add more options to it like my speech frame, and speech buble(when some one talks) skins for my game that i made custome and stuff like that

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
^ i think it says that in the notes.html...not sure all i know is that my map was automatically scrollabe...idk

well my question is how i can edit the options screen, and the screens were u start the game up?
(background and stuff liek that, idk if they are images or not, but i looked and didnt find any that matched)

1zoc4fr.png

like i want to know how to make it only have that size and the size up, and how to add more options to it like my speech frame, and speech buble(when some one talks) skins for my game that i made custome and stuff like that

i know that there are pictures for the out are the maenu colros and layout in graphics/pictures. Not sure on how to change them though

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
i know that there are pictures for the out are the maenu colros and layout in graphics/pictures. Not sure on how to change them though

yea well i knew that i just need to know how to add more speech buble frames, and menu frames. and how to delete some and how to make my version(s) default.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
yea well i knew that i just need to know how to add more speech buble frames, and menu frames. and how to delete some and how to make my version(s) default.

ok well i found where you change the default skin at. go to SpriteWindow in the script editor at the top there is ChoiceSKinName = change that to get he default skin you wnat and then go to $TextFrames and add your skin there must be a png.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
i do beleive the speech bubbles are the frames.

no one is for the menu (the frames)

and the other one is for the speech bubbles (the speech frames) that is what they are known as i think, but i want to add more and change all those settings in my previous post.

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
no one is for the menu (the frames)

and the other one is for the speech bubbles (the speech frames) that is what they are known as i think, but i want to add more and change all those settings in my previous post.

sorry i didnt see your above post =[

EDIT: i cant figure out how to change the speech bubble but i got the frame (for the menu)

i recolored emtextskin.png then i copied the txt file supporting that and renamed that ctextskin.txt and renamed emtextskin.png ctextskin.png and then i just editted the verry top, but still nothing, do i have to add it some where else also?

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I may have to ask again, but when will the modified pokemon moves script be released so that we can actually use those D/P moves as the way it is in the Generation 4 video game? I do have the D/P moves list already but some of those moves don't have their specific move effect so this makes the moves a little bit weird to use.

Pokemanior

World Creator
Years
A Simple problem i have...or maybe two.
for once, essentials is just great!!! Unfortunately i am german, so i got a lot to translate ^^
anyway thats my part and i am doing it fine so far...but now my problem.
Today i worked on my game and surprisingly i had a problem while i started the editor (in order to compile data...safety, you know?)------->
File PBS/encounters.txt, line 1

Compiler:935:in `pbCompileEncounters'
Compiler:2789:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:2837
Exception: Errno::ENOENT
SpriteWindow:585:in `load_data'
SpriteWindow:585:in `pbRgssOpen'
Compiler:309:in `readItemList'
PokemonLoad:246:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
PokemonLoad:228:in `loop'
PokemonLoad:306:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
Scene_Intro:133:in `to_title_update'
Scene_Intro:62:in `main'
Main:33:in `mainFunction'
Main:22:in `pbCriticalCode'

And of course i had to have another problem as well...now i cant even load the previous save, so far i used to test everything in that savegame ^^ damn it.

Unfortunately my save seems to be deleted and well...see ---->

Hope someone knows how to fix that too...so far i am done with 20% of what i planned..would be bad to start again ...who here dont know what it means to spend houuurss with that stuff ^^

Last edited:

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years

Sorry i should have explained it better. What i have is a Picture that has a resolution BIGGER than the display screen. I want to be able to (when the cursor hits the edge of the window) have it scroll the rest of the picture.
Not to be confused with the already working scrolling cursor.
..... hopefully that made sence?

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
A Simple problem i have...or maybe two.
for once, essentials is just great!!! Unfortunately i am german, so i got a lot to translate ^^
anyway thats my part and i am doing it fine so far...but now my problem.
Today i worked on my game and surprisingly i had a problem while i started the editor (in order to compile data...safety, you know?)------->
File PBS/encounters.txt, line 1

Compiler:935:in `pbCompileEncounters'

And of course i had to have another problem as well...now i cant even load the previous save, so far i used to test everything in that savegame ^^ damn it.

Unfortunately my save seems to be deleted and well...see ---->

Hope someone knows how to fix that too...so far i am done with 20% of what i planned..would be bad to start again ...who here dont know what it means to spend houuurss with that stuff ^^
1.Delete you encounters file...And start again within the editor
2.The second is a bug play it until the bug stops happing

Pokemanior

World Creator
Years
Unfortunately not that easy :shocked:

Compiler:846:in `initialize'

Compiler:846:in `open'

Compiler:846:in `pbCompileEncounters'

Thanks for the help, although i still have to fix that somehow ^^
-Instead to read the map-id it expects the encounter-type....
No idea how to change this, i already tried c+p with the files into a blank PE
but the editor accepted it....problem solved and thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back