• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Few questions

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
I've got few questions to those who read fictions.

What exactly do you want to find in a good fiction?
What matters more structure of text or plot itself?
Can there too many twists in one story?
What kind of heroines do you wish to see in story?
Are pictures and images of characters distracting you from reading?
Do you prefer original stories or fictions of shows that you like (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc.)

Thank you for your answers!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
I've got few questions to those who read fictions.

Do you prefer original stories or fictions of shows that you like (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Fullmetal Alchemist, etc.)

Thank you for your answers!

I am not sure how well I have answered the question, I hope it is satisfactory.

1) To me anything, in a acceptable format, minimal (I don't say zero) grammatical errors and something that basically entertains me (which is the whole point of fiction writing.) is a good fiction.

2) The plot itself, no matter how great it is cannot be fully enjoyed when the structure of text prevents you from doing so. So a story with basic formatting that doesn't make you hit the close button is enough.

3) There is no formula or rule as to how many twists a plot should have. As long as I don't get bored, but rather thrilled or surprised by the twists you throw in, you can throw as many as you want. A story is your play ground, you can do whatever you wish to, but do remember that you need to consider the reader too, as you wouldn't like to be playing alone.

4) If you are asking for my personal preference, I prefer strong willed leads like the ones Sidney Sheldon use or someone like Misty from the Pokemon Anime or Suzumiya Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. (Yeah, I am an anime nerd.)

But I suggest you write the characters the way you like, not what others like. I seem to be contradicting with my third point where I said "you must consider the reader", but I am not, there is a fine line between these two.

5) It depends on how frequently you use, If you use a pic for every paragraph, you might as well write a comic or manga. But if you use one per chapter it is acceptable to me (do note that this is my personal preference)

6) I prefer Pokemon fanfics, with a touch of reality. (Basically most of Cutlerine's fics lol) I would read original fics too, but I won't like them as much as I love the Pokemon fics.

I answered the questions with my preferences, these should not be mistaken to be the general trend.

Thank you.

Also a piece of advice, if you want to post stories publicly, be prepared for criticism. Some might be harsh, but else you will never be able to write a story successfully. Even if you do, it will remain somewhere in the corner of your computer's hard disk as some irrelevant data rather than a story that managed to entertain some of us.

Years
I usually don't have any expection whatsoever. I don't expect anything when I start reading a pokemon fan fiction. I'm not sure if anyone else does, though. I feel like it's your job to make us expect.

Structure of text is important on the internet because it makes your story legible and not a strain to my eyes. It won't matter if I like the plot or not if I can't read it.

I imagine it could become annoying because there would a twist at every corner. The idea itself sounds like it may not work, but I've been proven wrong before.

Ex: The bad guy is my dad; The bad guy also killed my best friends; The bad guy isn't actually a bad guy; The bad guy just wants friends; The bad guy fooled us all and now wants to kill us! Ahhh!

I don't have a particular taste. I don't, however, enjoy the very sexy and tough girl image. Make her have some humanity instead of beating up everybody or sleeping with everybody to get what she wants.

No. Why would they? Sometimes a particular character reminds me of so and so, but that's about it.

For me honestly I'm only here for the Pokemon fan fictions. If I wanted to read a fiction I would just head to my local library. So in my case I only enjoy the Pokemon fandom. I have yet to check out other popular ones because they fail to intrest me.

Back