• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Pokemon ever captured

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
D/P Starly
HG/SS Pidgey

I don't know why but I always aim for the birds first XD

Well Pidgey I catch first cause its my favorite Pokemon, but still XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
In my Platinum, it was Starly. In my Heartgold, it was Pidgey.

Lol just noticed they're both birds.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
In Diamond, it was a little Starly. Now it's a Staraptor. ♥

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
My first Pokemon caught in Diamond was Shinx.

My first Pokemon caught in HG was a Zubat xD

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
In HeartGold my first capture was a pidgey and on diamond it was a shinx I think.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
On HG/SS, I head towards the final part of Route 45 to find a Spearow for my team. That would be my first capture.

For D/P/Pt, I always have a Luxray in my team, so I get a Shinx first.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
On my Diamond, its a Shinx.

On my HG game, its probably THAT SHINY SENTRET that I randomly found right after I got my Pokeballs from (whowasitagain?)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
In DPPt I'm pretty sure it was either Starly or Shinx, as they appear very early on, and are Pokemon that looks like some I'd want to catch, but probably Starly since it's a bird. Not a bad choice either, considering it's by far the strongest of the starter birds and most bird Pokemon in general.

I may not have played the games, but I can already predict that the first Pokemon I'm going to catch once I get my hands on the games is a Pidgey. Starter birds ftw!

RedEyedAbsol7

Wanderer
Years
First one I caught was a Bidoof. I planned on using it but when it reached lvl 23 I was like "Screw This" and released it.

gossamer

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Well the first Pokemon I recieved was a Piplup, but the first one I caught was a Starly. ^^

TKBAHAN

The King Charizard
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2015
In pokemon diamond the first pokemon i caught was a starly sadly it didnt make into my final team was replaced by my honchkrow. then in pokemon platinum i believe i caught a starly again. in pokemon heartgold it was my geodude

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Well.. this is awkward.

My first capture in DPPt was a Bidoof I named "lucky". Oh the irony.

My first capture in HG/SS was a Sentret. I purposely caught it just because back when I used to play GSC, my first capture was a Sentret, and I was so apalled by the new pokemon of that Gen. :P

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
It was definitely Shinx. I remember too well -- I was searching the grass just above Twinleaf Town to capture a male one with the ability Intimidate. He is now the strongest and highest level of my team. c:

Back