• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon League

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
Pokemon League Online - MMORPG

postvzc.png

Pokemon League is written in PHP and uses MySQL as a database backend, a lot of javascript is used to make the game more interactive and dynamic.

Everything is based on the original video games, the overworld, the battle mechanics, pokemon and their stats, player movement, etc.

Regarding the story, Pokemon League follows a unique storyline, not related in any way to the original games (expect to the very basic "core" pokemon world elements). I won't spoil anything here so it won't take the fun away.

Right now, the game is unavailable. It will be playable again within the next 12 - 24 hours. Visit the Pokemon League forum and get an account, the URL is http://www.pkmnleague.com/forum (it is new and empty, but hey, every forum started from 0).

Plese check my newest posts for the latest updates

Last edited:

Anti Hero

Bagel
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2009
you knw, I've been wondering when someone was gunna either rip, or sprite the pokemon D,P and PL Battle scene, it's so stylish and snazzy.

May i be a beta tester?

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
I have been working really hard these days, the old travelling system is gone and now on the todo list is my tile engine - BSS (Browser Scrolling System) - I have also restructured the database for more flexibility and some new stuff have been added like a menu which opens by pressing the ENTER key - the trade center and the pokedex.

some fresh screens:

~* Outdated Screenshots Removed - check first post please *~

Well good luck mates! =)

My mind is out of idea now, so wont be able to give you any suggestion =\

Anyway, GL

No problemo dude, thanks for passing by ;) hope you will try the game when it's released.
you knw, I've been wondering when someone was gunna either rip, or sprite the pokemon D,P and PL Battle scene, it's so stylish and snazzy.

May i be a beta tester?

Yup, the D/P/PT battle background are cool =) but I am planning to use some custom ones.
Sure, you can be a beta tester, please pm me so I can give you the game URL.
when does this game come out
Alpha opening is on friday, maybe sooner, but it's an "Alpha" which means the game is still in early development stages but there are enough working features like catching pokemon, items, wild and NPC battles and more which are good and pretty playable.

Last edited:

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
Hey guys check the first post which was updated, there are links to register & play.

It's not bad, good code-wise I would assume, but the interface is rather empty. Try to compact things a little more.

Also, with the mail icon, I can't really tell if it's a realistic picture of an envelope. If it is, you'll want to change that. Mixing styles isn't a smart move.

hmm, empty? Maybe if I fix the positioning of the pokemon, if there are some actual chat messages and not test-spam and the map the full map is finished (not a place with a little grass and a pokemon center) and also enchance the graphics a bit, then you will probably change your mind.

Some of the icons are temporary, I wanted to see how the menu would look so I made them up really quick, I plan to replace some of them that don't match and don't look good.

Thanks for reminding me and for passing by ;)

P.S: sorry for bumping but I wanted some people to check out the game =)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
It looks very snazzy; I'm pretty psyched that it's a browser-based however, I've registered and it doesn't seem to be loading. :/ Is it compatible with IE? It gives me a "loading failure" error every time I refresh the page.

A few things: you should probably credit Kyledove for those tiles and Pokemon overworlds in the screenshot on the first post. Also, who made the art on the banner/site/etc? It's really nice-- is it official? Also, pretty tricky there with Professor Oak telling you about the natural disaster that just hit Viridian Forest-- so not having spriters is a natural disaster?

...But, um. Please see if you can fix it in IE, because I can't play it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Also, who made the art on the banner/site/etc? It's really nice-- is it official?

It's fanart; I've seen it before (can't remember where, but I know it was on a Japanese website).

Anyway, what have you got to distinguish this game from the other MMORPGs being developed? Other than being browser-based, it doesn't seem that original...

Oh, and by the way, I would make a custom mapping system, rather than using images. If each map is one image, it's going to take ages to load... My DS can't even handle images bigger than about 500x500 well, so a huge map image isn't going to work.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Well, first of all, I'd start out saying that the whole idea seems like something a lot of people would get into and love. However, it seems like a prototype as of yet, so I'm glad I get to say this early: Your game has a lot of grammar and spelling errors. A lot. If you get it straight early, it'll be easier. I could help you fix some of it if you want. :P You should use a spell checker first, but it won't really get all of them. You need a real person.

EDIT: And also, I think it'd be cool if you gradually added other Pokemon regions, or better yet your own regions. But best of all is a nice variety of starters. I don't want to be bossy, but I think it'd be cool if you had all the normal starters from the other generations, plus Pikachu and Eevee as the choices.

Last edited:

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
--* UPDATES REPORT :D *--

First, I was busy rebuilding the jOverworld engine to make it more flexible and easier to manage. Now that it's done, I've also coded a new collision *definition* system, which will make adding collision a lot easier.
Then, the Online Enviroment Engine was updated so now it fetches data for players and more than 1 player is shown (not a really visible/useful change for now but will help later).

And, the chat was fixed, I didn't know it was bugged until I noticed today.

here's a pic demostrating the online enviroment, with a variety of trainer overworld looks. (this hasn't yet made it to the main site because some important stuff hasn't yet been completed)

86762561.png

Dynamic trainer sigs, with your pokemon party and some trainer information, are on the making!
Example:

sig.php

A few things: you should probably credit Kyledove for those tiles and Pokemon overworlds in the screenshot on the first post. Also, who made the art on the banner/site/etc? It's really nice-- is it official?
I've already credited everyone in the help page :) as Wichu said, it's fanart but unfortunately I don't know who the creator is.
Also, pretty tricky there with Professor Oak telling you about the natural disaster that just hit Viridian Forest-- so not having spriters is a natural disaster?
Hehe,I know it sounds silly, but I wanted a reason to travel out of Kanto, because scripting the storyline with all the events would take great amounts of time and I wanted to make the game available to players ASAP so I made up this little story, and also since FR&LG took place in Kanto, I suppose some people would be bored to go over the same story again (even if there were some changes and twists).
...But, um. Please see if you can fix it in IE, because I can't play it.
Sure, it would help if you could tell me which version you are using.
Anyway, what have you got to distinguish this game from the other MMORPGs being developed? Other than being browser-based, it doesn't seem that original...
I have some ideas that would greatly change some of the ol' pokemon mechanics we know but.. I don't see them being implemented any time soon, because I am still working on really basic stuff like moving and interacting on the overworld, mapping areas of the treanira island, scripting events, improving the battling system, etc.

My goal right now is to build a stable pokemon MMORPG, I have played a lot of them before, but they were all so incomplete, some of them had awkward laggy movement that didn't feel like pokemon and would bore you within the first few hours, others lacked a storyline or some purpose in the game, and the list goes on.

I am not saying that Pokemon League will be somewhat perfect, just wanted to point out that it matters to me to complete the basic stuff first, and when the game is playable at a good level (travel to all the treanira island areas, catch pokemon, use items and battle without any bugs and trade pokemon with other players) then maybe I can add my own game twists.

Oh, and by the way, I would make a custom mapping system, rather than using images. If each map is one image, it's going to take ages to load... My DS can't even handle images bigger than about 500x500 well, so a huge map image isn't going to work.
I guess I will have to split them into smaller images then, and load and connect them while the player is moving.

Well, first of all, I'd start out saying that the whole idea seems like something a lot of people would get into and love. However, it seems like a prototype as of yet, so I'm glad I get to say this early: Your game has a lot of grammar and spelling errors. A lot. If you get it straight early, it'll be easier. I could help you fix some of it if you want. :P You should use a spell checker first, but it won't really get all of them. You need a real person.
Uh.. really? damn, I always thought that my english was *quite* good :) I appreciate your offer and I can always use some help, you decide how this will work out, I mean how we will stay in contact (email/instant messengers/PMs?).

EDIT: And also, I think it'd be cool if you gradually added other Pokemon regions, or better yet your own regions. But best of all is a nice variety of starters. I don't want to be bossy, but I think it'd be cool if you had all the normal starters from the other generations, plus Pikachu and Eevee as the choices.
That's my plan but I think that I am not going to add any new regions any time soon, I am going to concentrate on Treanira Island and completing the more advanced game mechanics. Regarding the starters, I decided to not follow Nintendo on this and added the starters in the wild, 1st and 2nd gen starters can be found in Treanira Island, and the rest will be eventually added. Adding Pikachu and Eevee is a good idea which I am going to make a reality.

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I see you need spriters Im pretty good at spriting in battle fakemon, Trainers and I also sprite Overworlds
So I would like to apply to help
This looks like it has great potential

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
Some screenies and news, I wish I could make a video to better demonstrate the features of Pokemon League (like the fade in and fade out effects, thank jquery and whatever-force-controls-the-universe for that)
13710680.png

here we have the latest revision of the user interface, no major template changes from now on (for a while at least)
the battle interface is rather complete, positioning elements in HTML is no easy job I am telling ya! and poor Smeargle will have her move fixed soon.
75682274.png

and here we can see the north part of Treanir City, um... yea. O.o .... I am still working on finalizing it...

New updates report,
- Cron events configured - cron executes scripts every so, like updating your pokemon's HP while it's at the pokemon center or while you are resting, also it's responsible for regaining your energy and other similar tasks.
- Updates on the jOverworld engine, like dynamically initializing overworld. advanced building, object and grassy area definition system, etc.
- Battle engine updated for easier management and more flexibility, item handling has been AJAXed.
- Some progress on the pokedex, pokemon you see and catch are properly registered (until #151 tho), pokedex interface designed, some javascripting needed to show pokemon's details when requested.
- Your "pokemon party" has been removed from the main interface because the constant requests to get the updated pokemon stats used a lot of browser's & server's resources.
- General other speed improvements, minimizing file sizes and http request.
- Some security holes were fixed.
- Progress on poke marts, you can now walk over to the pokemart door, the mart menu will show up, click "+BUY" on next to the item's name&cost and buy it. will stay like this for now (*SIGH*, I hate making indoor areas)
- Chat is disabled due to taking a lot of resources and causing lag too. will need to recode it.
- Treanir city got a little revamped, but still, not finished. (grassy areas have been added, see below).
- Wild Pichu, Marill and Smeargle can be found in Treanir City.
- I now have a more clear idea of how the areas of Treanira Island will be like.
- Pokemon center menu has been improved and you can now actually take and leave pokemon to the center (for healing, see below).
- The bag has been revamped, graphically and functionally (is this a word?)

Pokemon centers in Pokemon League.

As we know, for a trainer to heal its pokemon he has to either pay a visit to a pokemon center or use a healing item, while this may be true for pokemon league also, pokemon do not heal instantly, instead, they regain an amount of health every few minutes so you will have to leave them in the pokemon center for quite some time. Leaving pokemon in the PC storage system is like putting them into rest mode, which also heals them eventually, but slower.

Trainer's Energy
Your trainer has a set amount of "Energy" (that being 20), your energy is decreased while you are walking huge distances, and when your energy reaches 2 or 1, you will have to go into rest mode. While at rest mode, your Energy is regenerated but you cannot travel or battle. This is a concept under development, ideas and opinions are welcome.

Virtual controls & Incompatible browsers
There are graphical arrows (disabled by default) which can used to move your character if you cannot with your keyboard's arrows (probably because of lack of a decent browser). I designed Pokemon League with compatibility in mind, it is a browser game as you can see and unfortunately each browser intercepts JavaScript on its own way (although there is a global standard set by the W3C), old versions of some browsers won't support the technologies utilized by Pokemon League, so to enjoy the game and, generally, a better internet browsing experience, please download the latest version of a decent browser, such as Opera of Firefox (IE is not really a good choice, do us web developers a favor so we don't have to suffer anymore from microsoft's akwardness and the lack of ability to support the web standards),
Umm.. yeeaaa... whatever, virtual arrows are there if you need them.

Last edited:
Years
Well I tried it out and the only thing I don't like right now is the speed the player moves, is there anyway you could change it to the normal speed of the D/P/P games? Another thing, when I was using the chat window it kept double posting when I pressed enter e.g. I would put in "Hello" and it would appear twice after I press enter.
Edit: Nevermind, I think your fixing/fixed it already. My bad.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
For some reason, I can't seem to get this game to work. The music is glitchy-sounding, I can't go into buildings, my character sprite isn't even aligned with the building doors. I am walking on top on everything, including buildings. There is only the first map, and nothing else.

I am using Firefox 3.0.10

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Im having the same problem minchan is having too and I also use firefox.....

Last edited:

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
Years
For some reason, I can't seem to get this game to work. The music is glitchy-sounding, I can't go into buildings, my character sprite isn't even aligned with the building doors. I am walking on top on everything, including buildings. There is only the first map, and nothing else.

I am using Firefox 3.0.10
The music could be lagging because you were downloading something at the same time or something was slowing your connection in some way. Maps are quite sloppy right now because I made them with photoshop and not some mapping tool, I fixed them a little, but still not perfect. Remember the game is in development mode, maps are not done yet (only pallet town and treanir city are accessable).

To everyone who applied to help, I will contact you as soon as I get some time.

recent progress:
- improvements in pallet town and treanir city,
- you can now actually change your settings in your trainer panel
- fixed trainer signatures a bit, not 100% ready for use though.
- the joverworld (the development page) has been removed and the content was moved to a new wiki I am making (will post link soon).
- the about and help center pages were also removed and content was copied to the wiki.
- chat still not available.
- added movement animation
- pokemon center was fixed, the icons too, still not working perfectly.
- smoother movement, but still not perfect.
- some progress on trainers parties/groups

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
The music could be lagging because you were downloading something at the same time or something was slowing your connection in some way. Maps are quite sloppy right now because I made them with photoshop and not some mapping tool, I fixed them a little, but still not perfect. Remember the game is in development mode, maps are not done yet (only pallet town and treanir city are accessable).

To everyone who applied to help, I will contact you as soon as I get some time.

recent progress:
- improvements in pallet town and treanir city,
- you can now actually change your settings in your trainer panel
- fixed trainer signatures a bit, not 100% ready for use though.
- the joverworld (the development page) has been removed and the content was moved to a new wiki I am making (will post link soon).
- the about and help center pages were also removed and content was copied to the wiki.
- chat still not available.
- added movement animation
- pokemon center was fixed, the icons too, still not working perfectly.
- smoother movement, but still not perfect.
- some progress on trainers parties/groups

I was not downloading anything and I know that because I am not DLing anything right now, and I have it opened in another tab.

Plus I tried multiple times...

Even though it IS in beta mode still, I think it SHOULD work well enough for me to at least enter a building or talk to a NPC...

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
the same thing is happening to me too i just downloaded firefox today and i can't interact with anything. i can also walk over the buildings and off the map. it also says i'm the only one on at the current moment everytime i try to get on.

Back