• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to not mini-mod: A detailed illustration on preventing mini-modding!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Cool! Sounds pretty straightforward to me. And I am guessing we are also welcome to PM a staff member saying "I noticed (insert new member here) seemed a bit lost around the forums/ has slightly spammy posts/ keeps posting in the wrong section, but I'm not sure if you have noticed, too. Would you mind helping them out when you have the time?" Yeah? :3
I doubt something like that would happen all too often.. but sometimes I see it, or like I get new members replying to me on their own VM wall instead of my VM wall, and it's only when I'm like "oh hey what ever happened to this convo?" and click on their page do I notice that they accidentally replied to themselves. Stuff like that.. well.. that's kinda a bad example because when I reply to them I can just sorta add "oh hey, by the way, press the view conversation link first" or whatever.. but I just would want to cover my bases here in case a situation like that came up again, so I am asking now that I have the opportunity.

TL;DR= If we see a member struggling, is it ok if we sorta offhandedly PMed one of you mods to suggest to keep an eye on them or help them out? Or should we just assume you do it by seeing it already or that they themselves would PM you instead and leave it up to them/you?
In cases like that, I think it's absolutely fine if you take matters into your own hands and help them out, and I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. The only thing mini-modding would be is to post in a thread that shouldn't be where it is saying "This thread doesn't belong here. It belongs in the Fifth Generation forum." or saying "This thread should be locked/merged/etc."

To me, doing what you said just makes a good member a great member.

Back