• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aCrazyAsian

i br33d f0r joo
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2011
Okay breeding 101. The female of the two will give the species, while the male of the two will give the moves. So you have to have a male Dragonite that knows Outrage and a female Garchomp/Gabite/Gible. When you breed them you will get a Gible (due to the female being Garchomp), that knows Outrage, (Because outrage is one of Gible's egg moves, and Dragonite is the male, providing the moves).

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
thanks for the comet shard tip but I still havent beat N i really didnt give the game much thought until i started battling the elite four and it was too late so i need money to get tms and supplies so i need stuff before elite four lol.

Sary

Breeder, trader and fighter
Years
thanks for the comet shard tip but I still havent beat N i really didnt give the game much thought until i started battling the elite four and it was too late so i need money to get tms and supplies so i need stuff before elite four lol.

Then I would suggest you get 6 Lillipup with Pickup ability, and walk a lot, check the items they pick up.

I would say it's faster and more reliable to get nuggets/whatever for money than stealing items from other pokemon :)

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Did I get ripped off?

So, today I finally bought Pokemon Black at a local store. Actually, it was Pokemon Schwarze, a German version of Pokemon Black. The clerk there told me that the game was multilingual and that I can play the game in English although the box and everything is in German.

Now that I started playing it, I feel more and more like I got ripped off by the clerk. I don't find the language selection option anywhere and my DS's language settings are English.

Please tell me I can change the language to English...!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Umm yeah you got ripped off there is no Language selection in Pokemon so either take it back or learn German.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
The only game I know of that auto-translates to English/French/etc. are the DS Zelda games.

And Ubisoft games, of course.

Other than that, you need language-specific versions. Black/White take up a lot of data just for one language; asking for multiple on one cartridge is too much. Kinda like how Lost Odyssey on 360 should've easily been 2 discs, but all the languages made it four.

Just a heads up for next time. Multilingual games will say it on the cover or on the back - and not just "Booklets in x & y language" but actually a tag that says "Game is in x & y language"

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Opelucid City the house above the Pokecenter there is a girl who will tell you though she will not give you a Ribbon she will just say it put in a great effort.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Help? -.-

I'm stuck in the electric cave...
The part when you have to go find N and the professor and Bianca block your path.
I got around them somehow jumping a ledge. Now I can't get passed them. Please don't tell me I have to restart the game...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
The part when you have to go find N and the professor and Bianca block your path.
I got around them somehow jumping a ledge. Now I can't get passed them. Please don't tell me I have to restart the game...

Interesting. I don't think I've reached the point you are at in the game, but this Help thread will get answers for you rather than a new thread outside of this sticky. ;)

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
I've gotten passed that. Have you tried pushing those floating Blue stones? I'm not clear where you are.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Although you know about pushing the stones, make sure you push them towards the giant blue rocks that attract electricity, and I'm with the others, I have no idea where you are in the cave...

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2013
C-Gear Problem; Endless Black Screen?

There seems to be a problem with my C-Gear. It was working fine before, but now, when I try to do anything with the C-Gear, like, for example, the "Friend Code" option, it won't let me do it. Instead, after saving, it goes into an seemingly endless black screen, with music still playing.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is there a solution and/or a fix to my problem?

Thank you in advance!

Lexxy

sup brah?
Years
Does the C-gear connection with Wifi make the DSi battery drain faster?
I feel like I'm constantly having to plug in my DSi

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
@ GaXeL

Between the wall and Bianca, there should be a walkable space.

Question:

Other than Japanese Ditto + English Pokemon method, is there any other way to find a shiny Pokemon fast *.* or is it just hit&miss in the grass.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
When I turn on my C-Gear and play Black or White, there are 3 connection bars, meaning there is a good Wi-fi connection. But when I try to go in the Wi-fi club or GTS, I don't get any connection. I have to move closer towards my router and then I get good connection. Am I the only one with this problem?

epyon101

Been Playing Since Pokemon Red
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Dream World?

I know the dream world isn't out till the 30th, but I was planning on catching a female Torcjic in the dream world and keep breeding it till I got a Shiny Torchic with the ability Speed Boost with good IV's, but now I seen somewhere that Japan was supposedly only able to get male starter pokemon with dream world abilities is this true, and if so do you think it will be the same in the United States?

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014

On driftveil drawbridge and marvelous bridge there are occasionally shadows on the ground and if you walk into them they will give you one of 7 wings or a pokemon battle. All wings are worth 1500 except pretty wings which are only 100. These are usually used for EV training but can also be used to make some quick money as they appear pretty often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back