• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - The Infection™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
Storyline / Plot:

During an exploration from the Metagross Guild, the greatest Guild in Pokémon square they explored some Ancient ruins which were rumoured to be home of perticular Pokémon as well as a treasure.

Metagross pointed them towards the cave entrance, and they explored until they came across a small room. There were Pokémon in shapes of letters along the walls of this room, as Metagross and his team cautiously approached these ruins they heard a sudden crashing noise.

Metagross was suprised by this noise and stumbled and tripped over a small chest which the team didnt seem to notice before. Metagross yelled to his team: "Shall we see whats inside?" while letting off a smug grin pretending that he found this chest on purpose.

The Exploration team agreed, and Metagross slowly opened the chest with caution. The Chest lid blew open as he slowly began to open it, a thick black smog began to empty from the chest followed by an eerie glow which seemed to be flowing throughout the entire room.

In the dense fog they could see a shadow of a Pokémon, its eyes blazed scarlet red and its body seemed to be glowing a thick purple colour like the dead of night. This Pokémon looked down towards them and chuckled and then disappeared into the thick black smoke.

Metagross and his team looked confused but they saw nothing of it and decided to head back to the guild.

The day after Pokémon began to feel ill, their body began to darken to a grey colour and their eyes began to glow scarlet as they lay down with their bodys drooping towards the ground.

The infection had begun ; some Pokémon could resist this infection but some Pokémon were too weak and gave into this infection.

Those who did suffered the concequences as their Primal emotions began to enflame their entire bodys, causing them to lose all emotion and making their skin as dark as the night sky, their eyes glew blood red and as they breathed a thick black smoke came out of their lungs.

These Pokémon tore down Pokémon square causing those who werent infected to flee from the Village, leaving all they knew behind them as blood red flames filled the streets.

Your Goal:

Okay your goal is simple.

Try to figure out how to stop the infection by finding that mysterious Pokémon. The ruins might be a good place to start.

However if you are roleplaying as an infected Pokémon then you must act on your primal instincts, destroying those in your path.

Area:

+- Middle of island - Pokémon Village.

- North of Pokémon Village:
Ancient ruins. - Claimed Psychic Orb.
Wastelands. - Unclaimed Steel Orb.
Mt. Flamefog. - Unclaimed Fire Orb.

+- East of Pokémon Village:
Celebi Shrine - Unclaimed Grass Orb.
Darkwood Forest.
Deepgreen Grove.

+- West of Pokémon Village:
Abandoned Tower. - Unclaimed Electric Orb.
Leechfield Cemetary. - Unclaimed Dark Orb.
Evergreen Forest. - Unclaimed Water Orb.

+- South of Pokémon Village:
Temporary Camp for Injured Pokémon.
Metagross Guild Campsite.
Beach Cave.
Beach leading out to the Ocean.

Red Areas - Places of interest.
Green Areas - Places that could lead to Uncharted territory.
Blue Areas - Areas where Infected Pokémon are gathering in swarms.

Signup Sheet:

Pokémon Species:
Name:
Type:
Infected?: (Yes/No)

Note:

You may apply for legendary Pokémon however please note that Darkrai, Mewtwo, Mew, Dialga and Palkia are none avaliable for application.

In my absense i give full permission for a moderator to take command of this thread as the respective owner of this thread temporarily until my return, however i am usually active so this will not be an issue. I will be roleplaying as a Charmander, that is all. :)

Also, the history must only be brief and small. We do not need a large history, only a small one. ;)

Syntoms of the infection:

You will start off with your body turning dull and a large pain in your body, all colour being drained from it. It will lead to your body being taken over after a period of time and consumed by evil as your eyes glow scarlet red you will attack others, relying on your primal instincts.

Elemental Orbs:

Fire:
Water:
Grass:
Electric:
Steel:
Psychic: Found - Kozoi (Blaze) taken from Spirtomb.
Dark:

Note: Other elemental orbs will be introduced once these have been found, as will the next chapter of the plot.

Chapter 2:

Since the infection, many Pokémon have been suffering. Blaze managed to find out a way to help but he does not know how this will stop the infection.

A Pokémon named Spirtomb told Blaze of Orbs, if they were not gathered the world would be unbalanced and it would eventually be destroyed. He gave him a parchement which spoke of 3 legendary beings, a shining orb in the middle of these beings. Blaze knew Pokemon rescue teams had to help to collect the orbs so he posted the notice in the guild, with the orbs locations which he copied off the parchement.

Parchement text:

Life... a being of pure light, brought forth two beings which created everything... time... space.. forth came a being of pure darkness from this light, infection spreading.

Orbs... you must collect, they must be returned to the sanctuary... the hidden land... it is the worlds only hope.

Last edited:

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
Pokémon Species: Charmander
Name: Blaze
Type: Fire
History: Blaze is a young and inexperianced Pokémon, he lived happily with Pokémon of his own kind until the infection began. He managed to escape from the Pokémon but the rest of his friends werent so lucky and got caught trying to defend their kin.

Blaze is now lonely and wants to do something to stop the law, he has a small scar above his right eye that he obtained in an accident during an extremely young age.
Infected?: No

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Pokémon Species: Wartortle

Name: Hydro

Type: Water

History:
Hydro Was In Pokemon Village During The Attack,And Luckily Escaped Before Getting Infected. His Friends Were Left Behind Trying To Get Everybody Out. He Is Inexpirienced In Fighting Infected Pokemon,But He Is Usually The One To Find Out They're Plan. He Is Currently Looking For More Pokemon To Help Him Figure Out Why These Pokemon Are Getting Infected.

Ult.Strike.

'Life is tough, get a helmet!'
Years
(This looks cool!)

Pokemon Species: Totodile

Name: Timor

Type: Water

History: Timor once lived in a peaceful village with other water Pokemon. However, when the infection hit, most of his fellow villagers were infected, even his own family. After a narrow escape, Timor travels alone, looking for someone who can help stop the infection.

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
((Guess I'll be the first to make an infected character. xd))

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Name: Lyric
Type: Grass/Psychic
History: Lyric was going through a time stream at the exact time the infection had reached his portal. Lyric was caught off guard and didn't have a chance to escape this dreaded state.
Infected? Yes.

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
Years
Pokemon : Sneasel
Name: Chaos
Histroy: Chaos was one of the first pokemon to be attacked by the Infection.
they attacked his hometown in the ice mountains many pokemon autally survived but spilt up.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2008
Pokemon: mudkip
Name: Mizu
History: While exploring the deepgreen grove from a dare, he was attacked by the infected ones. barely surviving without infection, he begins to plot on how to stop their rampage.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
Years
Pokémon Species: Umbreon
Name: Dusk
Type: Dark
History: One of the last to leave the village during the attack, helped others get out, tried to escape to the south but was ambushed, attempts to fight them off failed. During the battle Dusk was bitten buy an infected and eventually blacked out and fell in the water, washing up in beach cave. Refusing to succumb to the infection within him Dusk seeks out a cure
Infected?: Yes

XxShingingJewelxX

Meant to be Shining
Years
Pokémon Species: Kirlia
Name: Sapphire aka Sapph
Type: Psychic
History: Sapphire's Village got attacked by the Infection, many of her friends and family were infected, she was one of the few that escaped. Watching the ones close to her get taken away she has set herself a goal to save them, aswell as the others in the same situation, no matter what the cost.
Infected?: No (but if too many are not infected i don't mind changing)

Last edited:

Xano

Medallion master
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
Pokémon Species: Cyndaquil

Name: Tytrox

History: Tytrox was an average Cyndaquil born under a normal family for one of his species, a typhlosion father and quilava mother, and grew up normally as well. He started to adventure at a young age and had learned to fight and stand his own. The sudden infection had infected his parents and he had fled to safety. In his hiding, he is pondering on the situation and is trying to do something about it.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
Years
The threads only 3days old and the op was last online 2 days ago, just be patient and give the guy some slack

Idle.

Seriously.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2008
Pokémon Species: Jirachi
Name: Koko
Type: Psychic
History: Koko was out near the village to collect some berries to eat.As he was out in the forest, he saw pokemon running from the village so he decided to check it out.He was then attacked by the infected and became one of them.He thrives on fighting the non-infected and infecting them with the deadly virus.
Infected?: Yes.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
I am back, i appologise but my internet was acting up.

All accepted. Thanks, you can begin roleplaying and please start around the Camp of the destroyed square.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
Years
Dusk awoke in Beach Cave, his body felt really heavy and his leg was sore. After several failed attempts at standing Dusk managed to drag his body over too a pile of rocks, which he used to support himself as he raised his body. Weakly he limped over to the salty water that had washed him into the cave, as he peered into the water, his reflection confirmed his worst fears. The bite on his leg caused him to become infected, his brilliant black coat, that aloud him to hide amongst the shadows was now grey, his golden rings had lost their shine.

He cast his gaze out over the water "No way I'll be able to swim back like this" he sighed and turned painfully and began walking in the other direction. As he walked a thought plagued his mind, all the known cases of pokemon resisting the infection never showed any of the symptoms, those that succumbed to the infection changed immediately, yet Dusk limped on, physically his body had been taken over by the infection yet his mind remained unaffected.

Ahead of him, Dusk could see a light, and smelt fresh air. Emerging from the cave he had to squint as the nocturnal pokemon wasnt a fan of sunlight. Walking away from the cave he came to a fork in the road, looking up at the sign made by some of the humanoid pokemon that read [pokemon village -> (north)]. "Screw going back there, I doubt I'd survive another beating like that" he said wincing from the pain in his leg.

He had been walking for almost a full day without seeing a single pokemon, the pain in his leg was almost unbearable he saw a pillar of white smoke and the delicious smell off food filled his nostrils, as he got closer to the source of the smell, he heard pokemon nearby. "Help me" he called out before collapsing from exhaustion

(ooc im gunna have Dusk wake up in the camp bound and gagged while the pokemon decide what to do with him)

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Pokémon Species:
Name: Darkly
Type: Dark Dragon
History: He used to be a flygon scientist until an expiriment went wrong and he turned black and grey, and erased his ground type and replaced it with dark. he now wears a red cape and can use shadow force. he then started his own team(Team Dark Sky) It's not a rescue team(think team galactic). It's member's are:
Glitchy the porygon z
Fat Salamence
Agent R(Shiny Rayquaza)
Infected?: no

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Hydro Was Walking Around In Circles near The Water. "This Is Stupid,I Have No Idea What To Do..." Said Hydro. He Saw An Infected Umbreon Collapsed. "Better Leave It. The This IS Infected." Said Hydro. He Jumped Into the Water And Swam Around,Trying To Look For A Different Patch Of Land. "Nothing..." Hydro Said As He Jumped Back Out. "Huh?" Said Hydro. He Had Ran Into A Sign. " It Says That Pokemon Village Is That Way,But I Cant Go There In Case The Infection Is Still Spreading. And I Cant Fight It Alone." Said Hydro. He Looked Around,Looking To Find A Big Rock Or Something. All He Could See Was The Beach Cave. "I'll Rest In Here For Now." He Said. Hydro Climbed Onto A Big Rock Inside The Beach Cave And Went Into His Shell To Rest Until Morning.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
Blaze walked out of the Metagross Guilds campsite, he was a young Charmander who worked for the Metagross Guild by performing various rescue missions, however due to the infection he knew his work would be harder than ever.

He walked over to a small board that was stuck to a boulder, it was labeled "Guild Rescue missions", however it was empty. The guild was being flooded with rescue missions but they were taking them just as quickly, trying to find peoples family that were lost in the village disaster.

Blaze walked into the campsite and noticed other Pokémon moving food supplies from place-to-place, stacking them ontop of eachother. The food supply was scarce, it was most likely that it would only last a few days at best. Blaze knew it would be the guilds job to help them resupply the villagers with fresh produce once their stock had ran out.

Blaze walked out of the campsite onto the beach and began to take a walk while staring at the swaying current of the ocean waves. Blaze heard a shout from near a small cave that was indented in a boulder.

He noticed an Umbreon which had lost all colour to its silky fur, the rings around its body were a dull maroon colour and it was obvious that it was infected. Blaze attempted to wake the Umbreon up with a loud clap but it was no good.

Blaze dragged the Umbreon back to the campsite and locked it inside a small steel-cage that was originally used to move the Pokémons belongings from the destroyed village.

OOC Notes:

1. As you wanted to wake up in the village, there you go.

2. Darkly seems like an unrealistic character considering this is based on PMD2 and there arent really scientists here. Also, you never mentioned your species and you dont start with anyone on your team. Rejected until you come up with something more constructive and realisticly simple.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
Years
(Is it to late to sign up???)

Pokemon Species: Vulpix

Name: Kenji

History: Kenji was born and raised on Mount Flamefog. He was raised by two Ninetales and had an older brother that soon after he turned 5 evolved into Ninetales. Kenji's life was great until the deadly virus roled in. His parents were some of the few who were infected first. His brother, Buhlee, had grabbed him by the back of his neck and ran as fast as he could. Max couldn't stop crying until it felt like he couldn't cry ever again.

Buhlee took care of Kenji until Kenji was about 8 in a half and then his brother caught the deadly virus. Kenji didn't want to leave Buhlee but Metagross had forced him to. He lived on his own for a few months until he turned 10. He wanted to form a rescue team to stop this virus and to avenge his brother and parents.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
Years
Dusk woke up in a cage surrounded by various pokemon. Directly infront of him was Metagross, who shone with a blue light. Dusk tried to stand but could feel himself pinned down, as he turned his head he saw he too was outlined with a blue light. The light grew brighter for a few minutes before disappearing. "you may stand" said metagross's booming voice "I have fixed your leg for you" and sure enough the pain in Dusks leg was gone completely, he stood up and faced the Metagross. "The infection apears to have consumed your body but not your mind, there is no reason for us to keep you locked up, however if you show even the slightest signs of being corrupted by the infection and turning on us we will not be so kind" said Metagross opening the cage "While you stay here you must earn your keep, I'd like you to help out arround camp where I can keep an eye on you, when I am sure you can be trusted I may send you out with the others on rescue missions" "Thank you" repplied Dusk "I shall do what I can"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back