• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
back then when i played emerald and caught the three - rayquaza, kyogre and groudon, i never used groudon. left it in the pc box while i grinded with the other 2.

you know, when you're young you're naive and don't care much about power, just looks. i used to dislike groudon's looks :/ i'm good with it now :DDDDD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I agree. :) back then, I also dislike Latios and groudon, simply because they are the ones i see the most, unlike Latias and Kyogre. Now, i see how inferior they are.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
To answer the current topic. I'd also go with Kyogre, it's within the sea, and water can overcome the land as you can see. :P

miltankRancher

Years
but people live on land. yes, the ocean might be mysterious, but land is certainly more useful.

I guess I am the only groudon fan here.

astoriachase

serene grace
Years
Name: astoriachase (you can call me story or astoria)
Partner Pokemon: Lumen the Jirachi

I think I would prefer using Kyogre over Groudon because. I don't like the heat. I would rather freeze to death then die in heat. So I'll go with water. Everytime I use Groudon, its ability(drought) makes me feel so uncomfortable.

AND PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M STRANGE NOW. Even I think I'm starting to sound weird...

miltankRancher

Years
welcome astoria!

I got used to his drought though. and don't think you are weird. I am the weird one here, being the only Groudon fan and all.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Power's only one thing. if that is what we are talking about, then I guess Zapdos and Articuno is tied. But, appearance also count for me, that is why I never felt any love for Articuno.

Flexibility also counts too when it comes to movesets, for Articuno I prefer a double screens set with Fly and Ice Beam to use offensively along with being a psuedo HM slave with the former offensive move there, for Zapdos I'd just spam Thunderbolt in all honesty lol. Looks wise they tie pretty easily though IMO.

Back now BTW.

With the convo regarding Kyogre and Groudon I'd have to go with Groudon since I'm used to playing with it more and it's a tad better as a team player if I do say so myself, Kyogre's just so simple yet so stupidly strong though so in the end I like em both overall lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think it's about time I joined...!

Name: AlexOzzyCake (Ozzy)
Partner Pokemon: Purity the Manaphy <3

Up until recently I really haven't liked legendaries at all, but in the past few weeks I'm using them more and more in games like Rumble/Mystery Dungeon and they're way cooler than I gave them credit for! As for the current topic, I have to go with Groudon. Nothing can beat a Ground-type for me other than a Poison type, but unfortunately there isn't a Poison type legendary yet! With such a powerful Earthquake, enemies don't stand a chance!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Palkia for me no question, better design and better movepool too IMO, one of the few legendaries I actually use on a fairly often basis on my White game too lol. Now that I think about it if I made a legendary team in-game it would probably be Kyogre, Zekrom, Palkia, Lugia, Giratina O, and Deoxys A in all honesty lol, still need to find a Zekrom to get though considering I traded it for a Bagon last year as I felt like I really needed the Salamence at the time.

miltankRancher

Years
welcome Alex, my fellow Groudon-fan! I agree with you that an Earthquake from him is just too much to handle. :)

on topic: I am

483.png

because he is too awesome. Design is perfect, plus a good typing! Too many resistances and such.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Sector Revenge, I'll have to ask you though, what moves do you want for Latias/Mew/Mewtwo? xD
Late reply, sorry all!

Latias- Mist Ball, Recover (choose whatever for the rest)
Mewtwo- Psystrike, Recover, ???, ???
Mew- Volt Tackle, Psychic, ???, ???

Don't really care what you make up for the 2nd half of the movepool :P

Name: astoriachase (you can call me story or astoria)
Partner Pokemon: Lumen the Jirachi

I think I would prefer using Kyogre over Groudon because. I don't like the heat. I would rather freeze to death then die in heat. So I'll go with water. Everytime I use Groudon, its ability(drought) makes me feel so uncomfortable.

AND PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M STRANGE NOW. Even I think I'm starting to sound weird...

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!

Can you give us your opinion about Jirachi's third eye?

Don't worry about the strange part, everyone has their own opinions and weird ways of looking at things ;)

I think it's about time I joined...!

Name: AlexOzzyCake (Ozzy)
Partner Pokemon: Purity the Manaphy <3

Up until recently I really haven't liked legendaries at all, but in the past few weeks I'm using them more and more in games like Rumble/Mystery Dungeon and they're way cooler than I gave them credit for! As for the current topic, I have to go with Groudon. Nothing can beat a Ground-type for me other than a Poison type, but unfortunately there isn't a Poison type legendary yet! With such a powerful Earthquake, enemies don't stand a chance!
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!

I was wondering when you'd join xD

Poison and Dark are the only types left to have a Legendary Pokemon..hopefully 6th Generation will have one of each!!
Oh and...aside from Arceus, meaning it's originally a Normal type so..

NEW POTW!
Guess who!

386.png

New Topic: Who is better Dialga or Palkia? (I figured that I'd continue the mascot trend) I'd have to go with Dialga. He has a better move pool and invincible typing.
Explain "Invincible" typing..Ground against Dialga is Super Effective, and Dragon for Palkia..unless I'm missing something? lol

I like Dialga's look better, Roar of Time better than Spacial Rend, so I'd have to side with Dialga on this one. Never used Palkia to be honest.

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Explain "Invincible" typing..Ground against Dialga is Super Effective, and Dragon for Palkia..unless I'm missing something? lol

I like Dialga's look better, Roar of Time better than Spacial Rend, so I'd have to side with Dialga on this one. Never used Palkia to be honest.

Let me rephrase that. XD He has a practically impossible typing to overcome if you can cover his weaknesses with the rest of your team.

astoriachase

serene grace
Years

Can you give us your opinion about Jirachi's third eye?

250px-The_Eye_of_Truth.png

let's see. it's third eye, aka Eye of truth is something i find rather scary yet cool.

some people say it absorbs energy from the millenium comet. then, it releases the energy into the earth to help living things grow. but according to the manga, Jirachi:Wish Maker, it is supposedly used to absorb energy from the millenium comet so it can hibernate for another millenium.

so i'm not really sure but the first time i saw jirachi was in the comic. so i believe it's for hibernation. but in the wrong hands, the power of the third eye can be very dangerous i guess since Butler tried to use it to awaken Groudon. must be some powerful thing there.

250px-Jirachi_movie_6.png

basically i picked it as my partner because i really took a liking to it after reading the comic. it was my first pokemon manga that i owned (as in i didnt share it with my sister). and the fact that i think it's cute.

ps. sorry if the answer wasn't what you really wanted. or was asking for. LOL. not really good at these things haha :D

miltankRancher

Years

250px-The_Eye_of_Truth.png

let's see. it's third eye, aka Eye of truth is something i find rather scary yet cool.

some people say it absorbs energy from the millenium comet. then, it releases the energy into the earth to help living things grow. but according to the manga, Jirachi:Wish Maker, it is supposedly used to absorb energy from the millenium comet so it can hibernate for another millenium.

so i'm not really sure but the first time i saw jirachi was in the comic. so i believe it's for hibernation. but in the wrong hands, the power of the third eye can be very dangerous i guess since Butler tried to use it to awaken Groudon. must be some powerful thing there.

250px-Jirachi_movie_6.png

basically i picked it as my partner because i really took a liking to it after reading the comic. it was my first pokemon manga that i owned (as in i didnt share it with my sister). and the fact that i think it's cute.

ps. sorry if the answer wasn't what you really wanted. or was asking for. LOL. not really good at these things haha :D

i have never understood the wishmaker movie. So this is what it is all about.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
NEW POTW!
Guess who!

386.png
HURRAY FOR DEOXYS \(OuO)/
i've never had a deoxys in-game before OTL
read up and found out that it has regeneration ability :DDDDDDDD

225px-Deoxys_Recover.png

REGENERATION FTW! <333333
i'm starting to think that deoxys is so cool. so here are some pictures
Spoiler:

new topic: which forme of deoxys do you like most and why? :D

miltankRancher

Years
I didn;t notice the new POTW. LOL. Here are some extra delicious, Deoxys pics!

Spoiler:

anyway, on topic. may answer to that would probably be the attack form. it's so awesome!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Who is better, Dialga or Palkia?
Dialga may be slower but has stronger attacks,and equal attack and special attack,better HP,and better defense so Dialga would last longer in a battle and be able to attack more regardless of speed.
so dialga is better

Pics Of PotW:
Spoiler:

astoriachase

serene grace
Years
i have never understood the wishmaker movie. So this is what it is all about.

Just to answer that.

Jirachi's only major anime appearance was in Jirachi: Wish Maker. Jirachi will only awaken during the week of the thousand-year comet and if there is a partner that can be its friend. Max filled that role in the movie. However, Butler wanted to use Jirachi's powers to awaken Groudon. When Butler got control of it, it made a big mess, creating a fake Groudon that would devour everything in sight with its tentacles. Jirachi later destroyed the Groudon with Doom Desire.

From Bulbapedia.

but seriously, the manga was nice.

miltankRancher

Years
Who is better, Dialga or Palkia?
Dialga may be slower but has stronger attacks,and equal attack and special attack,better HP,and better defense so Dialga would last longer in a battle and be able to attack more regardless of speed.
so dialga is better

I agree here. Dialgia is just more benefited in terms of stat than Palkia. Palkia is so frail it is so hard to keep him in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back