• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite legendary trio!

Pick one, peasant!

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The original Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres (especially after LeafGreen and FireRed) shortly followed by Suicune, Entei, Raikou.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Looks like the Legendary Beasts are enjoying a strong lead, which isn't surprising. They're my favorite as well, they always seemed so balanced. They were legendary but not out of my character's reach as a Pokemon, and none of them seemed stronger than the others. Plus their role in Pokemon Ranger was really fun. :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) the best out of the current legendary trios. All 3 are very good in battle and I liked how they were portrayed in the Sinnoh myths.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I like the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) the best out of the current legendary trios. All 3 are very good in battle and I liked how they were portrayed in the Sinnoh myths.

Same. I liked how they all had detailed designs and looked really cool. The beasts were a close second though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's the beasts due to the backstory and design. The golems come in a close second though due to the puzzles required to reach them.

blue

gucci
Years
The originals, Articuno, Moltres & Zapdos! I love their designs and they will always remain the favourites for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I love the legendary golems, they're so well designed and the concept is amazing. The fact that they're these ancient guardians is so cool, plus their appearances in the Lucario movie were utterly awesome. They're not the best in battle and they certainly aren't the easiest to catch, but I feel that their background and the whole mystery surrounding them very much makes up for it. Also the puzzles to find them are cool x3

Years
I picked Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. They all are my favorite Pokèmon among the option above. Trio Weather are pretty helpfull for my Uber team especially Kyogre.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
THE BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDS!

But yeah, definitely the three legendary birds. This may come off being the only trio where I've actually caught all of them in the same game and been able to use and enjoy using in battle. Moltres and I don't get along that awfully well, but Articuno and Zapdos are actually some of my favourite legendaries, and one last thing that also supports my love for these, I'm a bit of a nostalgiafreak :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hmm I'm going with Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. They have a interesting backstory. The beasts were granted a second chance at life, which is really neat.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2016
I like the legendary dog trio the most :3 cause 2nd gen is my favourite gen :3

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The original Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres bcuz i love gen 1 shortly followed by Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem bcuz I love their type combinations and their design

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Personally I wouldn't even count Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina as Legendary Trios because although they most definitely are, they're the game mascots and integral parts to the plot of the games, which sort of gives them a category all their own.

So of the remaining ones, definitely Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres. Articuno and Moltres are just beautiful birds. Regal, majestic and gorgeous in every way. Zapdos is less pretty but still pretty badass. I also love the way they did it in the Kanto games where you have to travel to different parts of the region specifically to collect them, it made me feel like I was going on my very own adventure. Getting Articuno was particularly fun because you had to surf to an as-yet-unknown place that you wouldn't even have known was there other than people were talking about Articuno resting there as legend.

It's much better, I think, than the Johto/Sinnoh/Unova running-around-and-finding-Pokemon-that-could-appear-absolutely-anywhere-no-matter-if-you're-prepared BS. I really didn't enjoy hunting either of those trios. It was hard and frustrating and not at all fun.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Personally I wouldn't even count Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza and Dialga/Palkia/Giratina as Legendary Trios because although they most definitely are, they're the game mascots and integral parts to the plot of the games, which sort of gives them a category all their own

Dito.
Id also exclude Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem from the list, and perhaps even Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus.
Because the term "Legendary trio" really foremost relates to the standard first three legends introduced every generation, that are equally special, have exactly 580TBS, and all appear in the middle of the plot before the E4. (The first are mascots too, not to mention Kyurem is quite a different role and concept, and the second are more like Lati@s, the usual extra legends, except they happen to have a third, different superior cousin..)
Which the legendary birds set up.
And has since been continued as a tradition with the beasts, golems, pixies and now the musketeers.
Even though people will argue that there is Keldeo, it is not an equal member, but rather a fourth special member to the trio, similar to Regigigas.

So groups like Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, to me are a duo with their guardian, rather than a trio.

Back