• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I really hope it isn't a new form and like a Mewthree or something... I don't like these form things. :(

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
MEWTHREE CONFIRMED

Mewthree was just officially released on Pokemon Smash! It it a little different than the leaked pictures, but really nice.

How do you all feel? (:

*I cannot be certain its name is Mewthree

The video can be found HERE

Some pictures:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Is all we're getting is a new Mewtwo? I was expecting a bit more like a new Pokemon or the region map. The new Mewtwo's art work looks better than the poster version. I still hope it's not a new form but rather Mewthree.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Like I said, I cannot be sure of it's name c:
It being another form of Mewtwo would still be amazing

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I'm excited! I think it looks cool.

The movie title is Mewtwo's Awakening, so it sounds like this Mewtwo will be a forme.

I've said this on other threads, but I'm glad to have Mewtwo in gen 6. I hope TPCi explains exactly what it is, though, and gives it a proper name. And soon xD

Years
Is all we're getting is a new Mewtwo? I was expecting a bit more like a new Pokemon or the region map. The new Mewtwo's art work looks better than the poster version. I still hope it's not a new form but rather Mewthree.

pokémon smash rarely announces anything new; when it does, it is only one thing. lower your expectations next time.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
At first when I saw the leaked poster I was very skeptical of the design and thought it looked atrocious. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon and I hate the thought of his appearance or anything changing in any way. Now seeing the official art, my opinion has changed and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm sure this is a new forme and not some "mewthree". Can't wait to see how he fits in to everything. Exciting stuff!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Mewtwo fans can rest easy knowing this new pokemon isn't a new Mewtwo form.

The official english pokemon website says it has a connection to Mewtwo but isn't Mewtwo.

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

I'd imagine they're related the same way Mew and Mewtwo are, genetic brothers.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Mewtwo fans can rest easy knowing this new pokemon isn't a new Mewtwo form.

The official english pokemon website says it has a connection to Mewtwo but isn't Mewtwo.

I'd imagine they're related the same way Mew and Mewtwo are, genetic brothers.

Well that's a relief to me, while I don't hate the new design, giving Mewtwo a new form after all these years would just be so unnecessary.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
pokémon smash rarely announces anything new; when it does, it is only one thing. lower your expectations next time.

To be fair, didn't they announce B2W2 on Pokemon Smash? That's about as big as you get.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Wow, of all the Pokemon to give an utterly pointless, gimmicky form to, they had to choose a classic like Mewtwo? Seriously? And plus, could they at least try to make it look acceptable? I mean, what, it's wearing a hairband, it has feet with tumorous growths jutting out of the sides, it has a giant ponytail, and it has odd, purple fingers? What is this even supposed to look like? The original Mewtwo looked intimidating and alien, this just looks... embarrassing. The only positive comment I have is that they didn't cover it in pointless markings, but it still looks ridiculous because of the sheer amount of other pointless features.

Between this, Sylveon, and the starters, I see little hope for this generation.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokemon.com is treating it like a brand new Pokemon instead of a new form. It could be Mewthree like everyone says.

Years
do they normally refer to formes as wholly new pokémon

because
gRGrpEG.png

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

Wow, of all the Pokemon to give an utterly pointless, gimmicky form to, they had to choose a classic like Mewtwo? Seriously? And plus, could they at least try to make it look acceptable? I mean, what, it's wearing a hairband, it has feet with tumorous growths jutting out of the sides, it has a giant ponytail, and it has odd, purple fingers? What is this even supposed to look like? The original Mewtwo looked intimidating and alien, this just looks... embarrassing. The only positive comment I have is that they didn't cover it in pointless markings, but it still looks ridiculous because of the sheer amount of other pointless features.

i smell the tears of nostalgia

this design is good if you ask me, and it makes sense and isn't utterly pointless. mewtwo itself was a gimmick and this is expanding on that gimmick. just because "muh childhood is ruined" doesn't mean the form is bad. and in any case, i dont think this is mewtwo.

(sorry this isnt a personal attack just getting real sick of all these genwunners)

Last edited:
Back