• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
You know, guys... some Pokemon just suck. Do you really want to be using things like Minun? I agree that Megas are a great way to improve upon and pay homage to older Pokemon, since it's not a permanent evolution, and so you don't have to use them if you don't like them (for instance, a lot of people didn't like Magmortar). However, some Pokemon, like Luvdisc, are just so awful that giving them a Mega would just seem silly. You see, all the Pokemon that have Megas so far have two things in common (and it's not being weak, because both Blaziken and Mewtwo are Uber), and that's a strong design, and fan following.

Luvdisc and Minun don't have either.

Now, a regular evolution doesn't really have any qualifiers, this is true. For terrible Pokemon like Dunsparce, I could see it, because it also has an intriguing design: The wings, the drill, the fact that it can fly or dig, etc..

But Luvdisc... come on, guys. They had their chance with Alomomola. And Pinsir and Heracross have nothing to do with one another! Volbeat and Illumise already produce eggs of each other, what good would a baby form do them? The prevo for Tauros/Miltank, I could see, though. They've already... kind of... answered the fan demand for something to be done with Kangaskhan.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Luvdisc should evolve by hatred, not friendship, and it should be called Hatedisc (or Discust like disgust). Maybe you can neglect to feed it or something since Pokemon Amie has a hunger meter. Plus, Frustration is a pretty useless move unless there are Pokemon meant to be hated.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I only have a few Pokemon that I want to get an evolution.

24.png
Arbok

Ive wanted this pokemon to evolve for such a long time and how can you not want to? Is a freaking King Cobra. Its really disappointing for this pokemon to have bad stats because it has 2 very good abilities (intimidate and shed skin) and it has a decent movepool with even a priority move that covers 1 of its 2 weaknesses! With the right stats an evolution of Arbok could be a very reliable psychical attacker or even stallbreaker.

338.png
337.png
Solrock and Lunatone

These two pokemon are really a waste of a unique typing. Sure they might have a ton of weaknesses but they also can hit 6 types with super effective moves. Maybe they could both evolve into a single pokemon instead of 2 different evolutions.

354.png
Banette

This pokemon seems like a big joke from GF.

GF - How do you like this pokemon eh, pretty nice Attack right?

Me- Cool!...oh but what those really low numbers.

GF- Thats Defense, Sp Defense and HP.

Me- So its like a glass cannon, I see.

GF- Well its not that fast either

Me- :/

It would be nice if Banette would receive a bulkier or faster evolution that could take advantage of its high Attack.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I too want to see an Arbok evolution that's Poison/Dark along with a Wheezing evolution that's Poison/Steel (hey the Gen II new types...)
I'll also like to see a Probopass Evolution...

Sirfetch’d

I too want to see an Arbok evolution that's Poison/Dark along with a Wheezing evolution that's Poison/Steel (hey the Gen II new types...)
I'll also like to see a Probopass Evolution...

The Arbok evo would be really cool, but I think that Seviper would be a cooler choice if they were to pick a snake Pokemon from previous generations. This would likely also give it's counterpart, Zangoose a evolution as well. Just a preference though and I would be happy if either of these scenarios played out~!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I agree with Beeftaco. I'm kind of shocked that Solrock and Lunatone never really received evos to this day. It seems like they've been forgotten about, or something. .___.;

My take on it, if they haven't been given an Evo, then they a) Aren't supposed to get one...like ever. There are some that are made the way they are on purpose. They are more for story than battle and add a variety of gimmick and novelty points for having.
b) they don't think its needed yet. They have a couple of binders of un-used designs that they can pull out every new generation. If they feel that they want to evolve a certain Pokemon and had something already in mind then they may pop up then. If they don't use the designs for new Pokemon like Tirtouga and Munna from Gen 1 Beta.

blue

gucci
Years
As much as I would like a Solrock/Lunatone evolution I can sorta understand now why they haven't got one, they're supposed to be stand alone Pokémon that are counterparts to one another so it wouldn't really be right to give them an evolution. It's the same with the likes of Plusle and Minun, Volbeat and Illumise etc.

Back