• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Game[PG-13]

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
There are NO spots open!

NEW GAME
Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

Press Start...

Someone has made a game. A game that would be played by s few selected teenagers who accepted his invitation. The game he made would be like none other. It would either place the teenagers in danger, or would give them glory. It was a risk he'd be willing to take. Anything he would do for his success.

The game is just an edited version of a previous game. It was made to be harder than the other. More exciting, more thrilling, more dangerous. Perhaps, more dangerous than you think it is. In this game, when you lose, you lose. It's game over. You're goal is to finish. It doesn't matter which place. Just finish. If you want to stop playing, finish it. It's your only option.

Are you a boy or a girl?

You are an average teenager, living a life that is full of routines. Everyday is almost the same. Usual events. Usual places. Usual people. It was, and always will be, like that...until you received a certain mail:

FR: [email protected]
TO: <insert e-mail here>
Subject: Closed Beta Testing

You have been chosen as one of the few selected people given the chance to test out new game. If you choose to accept this invitation, all you have to do is click the link below. If you choose not to, then under no circumstances should you open the said URL. Once you accept, you cannot change your mind. Thank you.

http://www.devon.org

GKR

You opened the site, but before you even see what the site looks like, you black out. You wake up in the vast space of nothingness. It was dark. You can't see anything, but you definitely can tell that someone was there with you. Suddenly, out of nowhere, someone says these words: "Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting."

Summary

In this roleplay, you are transported into the Pokémon game world. You start off in the real world, where Pokémon do not exist. The storyline will be somehow like the game, specifically R/S/E, but some twists was and will be added by the developer. When you wake up in the dark, you see nothing at all, but feel the presence of someone with you, then you hear Professor Birch's voice (but your character doesn't know that yet) welcoming you to the Pokémon world, and like in the game, asking for your gender and name. After asking for your name, you find yourself in a van. In the van, you hear a voice:

"If you want to stop playing this game, you need to finish it. There is no other way out."

Your character has no idea that the developer has programmed that voice. The developer will sometimes pit challenges for your character. The developer controls everything in-game, but the NPCs you meet does not know that they are in a game. What they do know is that they live in their real world, and that yours is fake. The developer may sometimes use an NPC to communicate with your character, but your character thinks that he/she is talking to the NPC directly, and does not know that he/she is talking to the developer.

Of course many decisions will be made in this RP, and the decisions you, the players, make will determine what will become to your characters...

Rules and Guidelines

- The roleplay is to be strictly kept PG-13. No gore when not needed. No suggestive themes.

-This will be chapter-based, and I will post each one after a certain amount of roleplayers finish the current chapter.

-I will play the developer. I control certain NPCs that you can't, but most can be controlled by you. You can decide which wild Pokémon you encounter, and to keep this RP game-like, they "magically" appear when you travel on grass (just go on with it)

-This is set in the Hoenn Region.

-The developer has decided to let your Pokémon keep five moves at a time.

-No powermodding. Even if you are in a game, let's not deny the fact that you will sometimes lose.

-There will only be certain moments where you, the players, can meet.

Pick one from my bag!

There are 5 spots available
252.png
TREECKO Taken by TiTaN.JuStIn
255.png
TORCHIC Taken by Royal

258.png
MUDKIP Taken by pikakip

Spr_3r_104.png
Wild Card: CUBONE Taken by ghasteon

Spr_3r_298.png
Wild Card: AZURILLTaken by Skymin

Name:
History:
(your life before the game. Where did you live? Why did you choose to accept the invitation?)

Appearance:
(how your character looks like, obviously)

Personality:
(speaks for itself)

(Just for the heck of it. The developer may have some nice thing for you ;D)

Starter Pokémon:

RP sample:
(put it in a spoiler)

Last edited:

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
DONE!

(This character is based almost entirely off of myself, so there is bound to be some odd things in the "likes" section)

Name: Seth Viran

History: Seth grew up in a small neighborhood in the United states, Florida. He lived in several different houses, but they were all in the same general vicinity, give or take. He went to school daily, came home and did his homework, and stuck to the same schedule pretty much all the time. The only thing that really broke up the monotony were his videogames. Seth LOVED his videogames, he played them day in and day out when he had the opportunity, and since he rarely did his homework, that was quite often. Seth had a lot of videogames that he liked to play, but the pokemon series was his absolute favorite. Pokemon had been a game that Seth had played since childhood, and he grew up on it his whole life. Seth started out on Blue for the Game Boy Color, and worked his way all the way to Ruby and Saphire. (I'm not going to put farther than RSE for the purpose of this RP) Saphire was the game that Seth dedicated most of his time towards. The Hoenn region just made him feel so happy inside. The region, the story, the pokemon, the battles, and even the contests just made the game seem so AWESOME!

As Seth went through school, he changed, his friends changed. while some of his friends abandoned their pokemon games, he stuck to the series, playing every game, even after some of them had become long outdated. Seth began to abandon his school work more and more, favoring playing pokemon in all his free time. Eventually, his grades started to slip. Despite his efforts to hide his grades from his parents, they still found out, and punished him in the worst way they could think of: They took all of his videogames away from him for a year. Seth was destroyed inside, and his spirit was crushed. He lost that "Spark" that his friends and family had loved so much. Seth began doing his work though, and in the little free time that he had, he began browsing the internet.

Through his computer, Seth discovered a whole new world: The internet. The internet put the entire world at Seth's fingertips. He could do whatever he wanted, he could find whatever he wanted, he could BE whoever he wanted. The more time Seth spent on the computer, the more his "Spark" came back. eventually he forgot about the world he used to be enamored with, and a year after the punishment was started, it was lifted, and he was presented with all of his videogames once more. When he first saw them again, he was confused, and then he was all over them, and he was back into the world of videogames. Of course, he didn't leave the internet behind entirely, and he spent his time switching between School work, Pokemon, and the internet. After a while, Seth began to wonder where else the world of pokemon extended. He knew that there was an anime that went along with the game, but he didn't know what else the series had. So, it was through the internet that Seth learned of Pokemon Manga, Fanfiction, Game challenges, and Roleplay.Tthrough this, his love for the series was completely renewed. Within a year, he was a member of more pokemon related sites than he could count. and it was through one of these sites that he got a very odd email message...

Appearance: Seth is the image you see when you think of teenager. He's rather tall, standing at about 5'9 and he's got a medium build, so he's not too thin and he has a decent amount of muscle mass. Seth has light skin, but he has so many freckles that his skin looks a little bit darker than it is. His cheeks are usually red, and he's always got a silly grin on his face. Seth has thick, dark brown hair that is usually unkempt and messy. Seth's eyes tend to change color, and they usually aren't the same color hour to hour. Seth can be a bit messy, and his hands prove this. His fingernails are usually bitten down to nubs, and they tend to collect dirt.

Seth enjoys being himself, both in personality and appearance, so he usually just throws on whatever he can find. Although the one constant piece of clothing that he wears every day is Denim Jeans. Seth just doesn't like to wear any other types of pants or shorts. He feels uncomfortable without his jeans. He's usually just willing to throw on any old shirt, but he prefers to wear black or grey, and it's also a big bonus if it has skulls and wings on it. Seth also has a pair of black, fingerless gloves that he enjoys wearing, and ski goggles. (You know, the full goggles that usually have a tint of some kind?) Seth usually wears a pair of old running shoes that he has, and they're ratty and falling apart.

Personality: Seth is the person you immediately think of when you think about the "really nice guy." He's one of those people that's always willing to lend a hand to his friend if they need it. Seth Likes to be himself, and he doesn't stick to ridiculous standards that other people set for him. Seth hates people that act ridiculous or fake. Seth isn't one of those people that gets easily angered and over excited when he gets insulted, he just grins, shakes his head and chills out. You can't mess with Seth's mojo, don't even try. Seth is like the number one guy at chilling, he's great at relaxing himself, and he doesn't get very emotional over stupid things. Seth does have emotions though, if you try to mess with one of his friends, you better watch out. While he may not be able to beat you up, he's spent enough time on the internet to know how to ruin one's life completely.

Likes: Pizza, Videogames, Reading, Sketching. Oh yeah, and female feet.(This was explained prior to SU, up top...)

Dislikes: Heights, Mushy foods, people that spread rumors, and snobs/Jerks/Spoiled brats. Or anyone that looks down on him.

Starter Pokémon: Mudkip~

RP sample: (It's from an OLLLD PMD RP)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Sure, go ahead pikapip. You and killet will be given 2 days at the most (but seeing as you said "few hours," I'm pretty sure I need not say this) to finish your sign-ups so that others may try to sign up as well (if anyone else does sign up) ^^

I change my mind. Since there is only five spots, I might as well just accept sign-ups on a designated day. For now, I will accept sign-ups until March 31 But I might change it depending on...well, something So, keep on posting people ^-^

Last edited:

ghasteon

EXPLOSIVE AWESOME
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Hey, i'd like to reserve with the wild card Mankey. Post will be up tomorrow. Its to late here

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Name: Selena Annona

History:
Born on Halloween, Selena grew up in a small town in New Jersey, stuck inside high school and not being able what she wants to do. Her parents expected her to be a great daughter and one who no longer would play video games – but Selena does all of that. Selena wants nothing more to be a creative writer and artist (animation or make-up). She also loves sports and being out with her friends (even though she enjoys writing and making art better). When her parents took away all her games and took away her dream, Selena rebelled slightly. But when she got an email and accepted the invitation and opened up the link, she woke up in a blank space, welcomed by a voice, "Hello! Sorry to keep you waiting"…

Appearance:
Selena has long, very dark brown hair (very close to black) with brilliant green eyes. She is said to be a 'twig' but also described to be a body builder, but is not either; she is just very well-toned. Unlike many high-school students, she has done sports for a very long time and has lifted weights since she was thirteen, which leads her to have a well-toned stomach and abs. She is a height of about six-feet, two-inches; just a few inches shorter than her father and brother, but taller than mostly everyone else she knows.

Personality:
Selena can be described as a soft-spoken individual, but quite a nasty attitude if you get on her nerves. Many people enjoy having her on their sport teams because she takes sports seriously, and has one-hell-of-a whipping arm. She is friends with almost everyone in the school, but there are a few people who she holds grudges against that have "jerks" to her. Selena has never gotten into a fight because of what she fears might end her chances of getting into a good school, but whenever someone is a "jerk" to her, they never can regain her trust or friendship.

being out with friends; writing; art (make-up and animation); sports; working-out; challenging herself
Dislikes:
People who tell her she's wrong; people who are "jerks" to her; people who try to change the course of her life

Starter Pokémon: Torchic

RP sample:
From a different roleplaying site.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

killet513

Death the Kid
Years
Actually can I reserve one of the wild cards. I'm trying to decide which pokemon I want to start out with. I will get started in a little bit. :)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey if there's still some space open, I'd like to sign up, I can be start with any Pokemon still available, I'll post my sign up sheet if there's still room available. Thanks.

ghasteon

EXPLOSIVE AWESOME
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Name: Sky Soren

History: Sky had joined the Pokémon world with Sapphire. Like most novice his starter was level 89 and his second highest Pokémon was a level 42 Regirock. He moved on though the games getting better and better. In SoulSilver he had a balanced team. He loved Pokémon and played everywhere, the city bus, lunchroom at school, you name it. People mocked him but he didn't care, he knew there were others in the world with the same affliction towards the game as him.
When he arrived home in Seattle, he spent time on many Pokémon related sites, playing hacks, and old roms. Sky had also always been computer smart building his own computer 3 months prior. He browsed the internet and when he came upon a beta test of remakes of Ruby and Sapphire he jumped,

Appearance: Sky has light tan shaggy hair. He I found always wearing a t-shirt, red coca-cola t-shirt on this particular day, and a pair of jeans with a brown belt, normally hidden by his shirt. He also wears a pair glasses to help him see far and a pair of normal tennis shoes. He kind of more on the bulky size but isn't to abnormally strong. He stands at 5'11" with his shoes on.

Personality: Sky is a care free slacker. His homework normally lays put off till the end of the night unless there is a reward. He'd much rather play video games, namely Pokémon. He is often quick to temper and is violent when it happens. He is also fast on his feet when a unpredictable situation calls, finding weird ways out. He can also think when its time to strategize.

Dislikes: Has a fear of dying, or anyone who could be in harm's way like his dog. Nightmares, often what happens in a dream happens in real life.
Starter Pokémon: Mankey

RP sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
I love what I'm seeing right now :D Anyway guys, those who haven't posted their SUs yet, you only have until tomorrow to post 'em. I can extend the submission period, though. Just tell me if you need more time. I can be patient^^

@pikakip - Nice SU ^^ Just add the RP sample in and everything's good to go.

@Royal - Your SU has passed my standards ;)

@ghasteon - The spoiler button is that thing with the letters "abc" inside a blue box next to the "YouTube' button. And is it just me, or is the start of your RP sample another copy of your SU?

@supervegeta, killet513, TiTaN.JuStIn - You guys may go ahead and post your SUs when your ready.

@Anyone else who wants to sign up - Go ahead guys!

I can't wait to get this RP going. I have already readied the first and second chapters xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I'd think I'd like to join. If I work at it, I should be able to get it done within the next few hours.

Name: Tobias "Toby" Treston
History: He was bored.

Toby grew up in Ireland with his mother and sister, his father leaving the family when Toby was 9 and his sister, Sarah, was an infant. The whole ordeal left Toby a changed boy. Without a father to discipline him and with a mother who was far too busy with a sickly daughter to care, Toby became an ass. He forgot how to sympathise and in an attempt to hide his own emotions, he made fun of people. Not in a mean and nasty way, but sarcastically. People avoided him or threw insults back but none hurt him. Not on the outside anyway.

When he turned 15 and his sister 5, Sarah became too sickly for the United Kingdom's dreary and cold weather. Using what they could, they sold the house and moved to Australia. Sarah's health improved over time but Toby remained the same; sarcastic, somewhat humorous but in large doses, unbelievably unbearable.

The family started to thrive, dealing with their bills and their income steady. Even Toby managed to get a job as a checkout chick, his behaviour improving as Sarah got better. When Toby finished school, he did nothing with his life. He continued to work but dove into the world of video games to fill his time. It was good, as his mother didn't have to deal with him, online friends never spoke to him and he could bond with his sister over a friendly game. Although he never really showed it, Sarah was his best friend.

Toby opened the email some night after work. He opened the link, unafraid of what he was actually clicking. He was bored. And then it was black.

Appearance: Toby is tall, skinny and lanky. Standing at 181cm and weighing 75kg, his arms and legs are quite long in proportion to the rest of his body. His skin is quite pale and his eyes are a bottle green. His hair is the most interesting part of his body, messy, bleached and dyed silver. To others, it seems a little tacky due to his dark hair roots coming through as his hair grows. But he likes it. To him, it shows off his "rough" attitude. Whatever that means.

Usually, he wears the average teenage gear; a dirty t-shirt, jeans (ripped or non-ripped), a chain necklace and a pair of converse. He also has plain stars tattooed on the left side of his neck, right wrist and left hip, towards his back.

Sometimes, if he's feeling particularly cool, he has a pair of sunglasses pushed up on top his head.

Personality: Toby is annoying. He is smarmy, idiotic and does not miss a chance to insult you and your intelligence. He's fairly care free and doesn't seem to take anything personally. He says what he wants, when he wants. He's somewhat oblivious when he insults friends and family; he sees them more as jokes and less as attempts to create negative emotions. His friends and family though see rather differently. But he's quite okay with being alone.

He has a lot of built up anger though from the negative reactions he has received in return combined with the mixed emotions obtained from his father. When he's by himself, he gets quite sad and emotional and tries to push it all out with other emotions and video games. One of these days, he's gonna snap.

Likes: Insulting people, sleeping, video games, his hair, playing bass, guitar and a good eating. And his sister.
Dislikes: A bad reaction, his father, getting hurt (both physically and mentally) and seeing his sister get hurt.

Starter Pokémon: I'll take my chances for a wild card. d:

RP sample: MISFITS, another where i use toby. d;
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
Name: Richard J.(Jason) Hope

Appearance: Richard stands at 1.7 meters. He looks thin and weak. He wears black pants with a belt, a white T-shirt, a yellow jacket, white leather gauntlets and black sneakers. His skin is bleached like white. He likes to wear scarves and headphones. His eyes are blue. Some people can see his ambitions through these eyes. His cheeks are red every time. His nose is round, not sharp. His hair is curly and blond like gray. He has a scar on his arm, about 8 cm.

Personality: Richard is calm. He doesn't like to talk much. But when he's in a good mood, he is talkative. But when he's angry, he would shut his mouth and never say a word before he calmed down. Richard is hasty sometimes. He wouldn't wait for hours to meet someone. He is impatient. And he is pessimistic and overconfident. But Richard is kind. He could save someone in danger, like helping someone during the exams.

Richard hates bullies, after the incident in the past. He never liked them. He wishes he could beat them up so that they would stop threatening everyone. He also hates sandwiches because he has bad memories about them. Richard likes strong people. He feels like he can rely on them when in danger. And he likes nature and books concerning them (encyclopedias, novels about nature, etc.).

History: Richard was born in a normal family in Massachusetts. His dad was a doctor, his mother- a housekeeper. Richard was the first child in the Hope family and he was alone. His former school was small. There were school bullies who would beat up everyone and skip all the lessons. One day, they demanded him to give them 1000$ or else they would beat him up. He refused, and they made him suffer for 2 years until he told his parents and they left the school. He home schooled after that incident.

His parents cared for him, they would do anything he wanted. But everything changed after his mother died in a catastrophe when he was 14 years old. An earthquake happened in Japan when hey were having a vacation there. His mother was kind and she helped anyone she could in this terror. With her help, everyone in the city evacuated to the higher place for the incoming tsunami. But a family was left in the city and Richard's mom rushed for help. That was the last time he saw his mom. And her last word was: "Take care." She ran towards the family and when she arrived, a tsunami engulfed her and the city. Richard and others survived the tragedy, but he couldn't forget his mom. He and his dad then moved back to States. Due to the reason that his mom was the home schoolteacher, Richard had to go back to school. He went to the school in Nashville and enjoyed his time there. The school was okay, no bullies. So he spent his time there joyfully.

But Richard couldn't forget about his mom's death. Everyday he would go to his room, take his mother's photography and grief about her. He relieved his stress by playing games for his Nintendo DS. He just wanted to enjoy his life. One day, an e-mail came to his account. He just read it with no interest. But then there was the link. With sudden curiosity, he clicked the link, but before he could see anything, he blacked out.

Dislikes: Sandwiches, bullies.

Starter pokemon: Treecko

Rp sample: A school RP. About us.

Spoiler:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
And so the time has come for accepting. Anyways, here it goes:

@pikakip, Skymin, Royal, TiTaN.JuStIn, ghasteon (or basically everyone who had put up their SUs) You are accepted.

It wasn't really that tough to judge your sign ups^^ By the looks of your samples, I can say that this RP will look great with all of you playing it.

@Skymin- Your wild card is a male Azurill, if you're okay with that.
@ghasteon- Um, I'm pretty sure I didn't put a Mankey on the available starters list, so I figured you must've meant the wild card. And sorry, but I can't let you have the Mankey. Your wild card is a female Cubone.

@killet513 and supervegeta- I'm gonna give you two a chance to put up both your SUs. If they're good enough, I can open up spots for you, but your starters will be wild cards.

@To everyone I have accepted - I will put up chapter 1 and its sub-chapters soon. And the OOC thread will be made soon. ^^

EDIT: I have edited the first post to indicate the starters' genders, but then I decided to let you decide the genders your own. By the way, this will be the only time that I will let you decide the gender. The rest will be decided through a random number generator.

Last edited:

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
Years
Name:Ryan Fitter

History:Born in January I lived in a small town in England called Colne I lived in one house it is quite a peaceful place that's about it I decided to be a pokemon trainer because I have always wanted to be a pokemon trainer that's it.

Appearance: I am a teenager about 5'6 so small Hardly any freckles I'm a medium built man I have dark brown hair and blue eyes I wear denim jeans a red jacket and a blue top with some black shoes with a grey belt.

Personality:I'm a calm person a happy person hardly ever sad I am a very helpful and do anything I am asked (well not everything but things I can do).

Dislikes:being bullied,annoying people and people who think there better than you
Starter pokemon: wild card
RP: not sure what you mean and how to put in to a spoiler

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@spiderpigryan - Um, sign ups are closed. Sorry. And even if there were spots open, your SU is way too thin. May I suggest you read this?

@TiTaN.JuStIn - Right ^^ I'm on it. Thanks for letting me know.

Okay, everyone. Killet and supervegeta has informed me that they would like to cancel their reservations. We'll get started as soon as I post chapter 1 , which will be in no more than two days^^

Back