• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

apparently UNIQUE card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2004
right this card is definately genuine because i got it in an official neo discovery booster pack. it's very odd looking: the top-left corner says "basic pokemon" then "mewtwo", and the picture is a shiny mewtwo with a pink/purple background. most of the card appears to be holographic (?). it has a resistance to , 80HP and a retreat cost of .

right, now apart from all those things and the presence of the "neo discovery" pyramid-esque logo at the bottom-right corner of the picture, the card is A BASE SET 2 ZAPDOS!??!?!
the length and weight stats are zapdos, it says "electric pokemon", the background is yellow, it has the symbol in the top-left corner, it has zapdos' "thunder" and "thunderbolt" attacks with the correct energy costs, it has a weakness, it has the description box at the bottom for zapdos, and the bottom-right corner of the card says "20/130".

the only other difference between this and a regular zapdos is that damage value for the "thunder" attack is in the wrong FONT, that there is no damage value for the "thunderbolt" attack, that this card has 10 less HP than base 2 zapdos, and also "thunder" does only 50 damage on this card as opposed to 60 on base 2 zapdos.

the picture APPEARS to be that of the 1st movie promo mewtwo, yet the mewtwo's pose is mirrored, and the background is pink/purple and shiny.

i have looked extensively for information about this card on the internet, with no results. can someone please give me some info, tell me whether it IS unique, and give me some kind of value estimate.

here's my card:

mewdos.jpg

and for reference here's the pic from 1st movie promo mewtwo:

mewtwomovie.jpg

and a regular base set 2 zapdos:

20.jpg

thankyou

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Please don't triple post, it is against the rules!

I'm thinking that this card must be a fake. Did you check the package to see if it was identical to another one?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
That thing's a fake. Look at the font of the attack damage and compare it to other "50" damage atacks in that set. It's completely different. Also, most of the text font is out of whack. And, wow, that name font is completely wrong.

That's a fake card, and u got jypped with those boosters.

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
Years
Judging as how the picture of the card is bright, while the rest of the card is faded (obviously because of the scanner.) I am guessing that you photoshopped the card, since the text on MEWTWO is REALLY bad..

I don't want to be accusing you of lying, but I am just stating my opinon that from what I can tell, the card was completly photshopped.

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
Years
  • Age 54
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 10, 2005
Shukuen Shinobi said:
Judging as how the picture of the card is bright, while the rest of the card is faded (obviously because of the scanner.) I am guessing that you photoshopped the card, since the text on MEWTWO is REALLY bad..

I don't want to be accusing you of lying, but I am just stating my opinon that from what I can tell, the card was completly photshopped.

I agree. A bad photoshop job.

ravenstorture

Banned
Years
I know that the people who make Pokemon Cards (Wizards of the Coast in this case) do sometimes make mistakes (like Nintendo did with Sandstorm Marril) but they would not make a mistake this big. It is fake. Not saying that you did lie, just saying that I think you did.

EDIT: The same guy went to the PokeGym forums and said the same thing and everyone there says it is fake also. Here is the link if anyone wants it.http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=8625

Last edited:

oltigro

Deoxys King
Years
Fav pkmn card

My fav and most rare cards are: Magmar ex, Hitmonchan ex, Rocket's Zapdos & my most fav Rocket's Moltres ex (which i got on friday)

Oh and can someone make a trainers card for me.
tell me wat i have to do and ill do it when i get the chance. :D

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
Years
lol if your going to give us a good convo about if a card is fake atleast give us a challenge! i bet if any of us saw it in real life it would be some zapdos card and some newb cut out a mewtwo pic and stapled it on infront of zapdos lol

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
Years
Lol. (Kristofer is right)
Why'd you waste our time man, who would believe that is real, that merely some computer work put into it and some cutting work, then some lying work then some running away from the pros that you didnt trick work man.
(not abusing or anything, but nice try)

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
right this card is definately genuine because i got it in an official neo discovery booster pack. it's very odd looking: the top-left corner says "basic pokemon" then "mewtwo", and the picture is a shiny mewtwo with a pink/purple background. most of the card appears to be holographic (?). it has a resistance to , 80HP and a retreat cost of .

right, now apart from all those things and the presence of the "neo discovery" pyramid-esque logo at the bottom-right corner of the picture, the card is A BASE SET 2 ZAPDOS!??!?!
the length and weight stats are zapdos, it says "electric pokemon", the background is yellow, it has the symbol in the top-left corner, it has zapdos' "thunder" and "thunderbolt" attacks with the correct energy costs, it has a weakness, it has the description box at the bottom for zapdos, and the bottom-right corner of the card says "20/130".

the only other difference between this and a regular zapdos is that damage value for the "thunder" attack is in the wrong FONT, that there is no damage value for the "thunderbolt" attack, that this card has 10 less HP than base 2 zapdos, and also "thunder" does only 50 damage on this card as opposed to 60 on base 2 zapdos.

the picture APPEARS to be that of the 1st movie promo mewtwo, yet the mewtwo's pose is mirrored, and the background is pink/purple and shiny.

i have looked extensively for information about this card on the internet, with no results. can someone please give me some info, tell me whether it IS unique, and give me some kind of value estimate.

here's my card:

mewdos.jpg

and for reference here's the pic from 1st movie promo mewtwo:

mewtwomovie.jpg

and a regular base set 2 zapdos:

20.jpg

thankyou
I have a Mewtwo which has the description of a Zapdos, and it's attacks. HP oh 550. It has 2nd edition and two stars where it would have the jungle/fossil type picture nomrally. Its so weird. . .

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I have never seen the likes of this. An 8 year bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back