• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Mario World X. Bowsers Revenge!

Do you like the game?

• Uh... It's Hell Ausome! *****

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Uh... It's a very good game! ****

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Uh... At a Playable average ***

• Uh... Under a Playable average... **

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yuck! Horrible you shouldn't even be hacking! *

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
just made new .zip file containing both mine and lasthand's .ips file. use lasthand's .ips file if you have problems.

`~`Berserk`~`

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
man us fellow super mario hackers must support each other.Even though im a novice at it.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
yep, dude i totally agree with you. Hacking games ain't just about the pokemon series. there are better games than pokemon, Like Mario, Final Fantasy and even Chrono Trigger, thats the most commonly hacked game. Hmm... I should hack that game next!

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
may I suggest making the levels have more of a erm........ harder nature. Like having bowser throw a million hammers on the first castle.

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Fendaril, be careful what you wish for... You have not seen my hack yet...

EDIT 1: I have been searching around lunar magic to find that thing to change the nintendo presents screen and i cant find it...

EDIT 2: My patch won't work on your ROM. Yours is expanded. My patch is for a working untouched NTSC ROM.

EDIT 3: I need a cheeseburger.

Last edited:

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Omg... all the posts... they are gone. oh well, at least the threads still up and running.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Off topic: I tell you why all the posts are gone. It is because yesterday, the pokecommunity had a server problem and it caused all the posts in all threads to vanish.
Anyways, back on topic. I just wanna say: The Hack is awesome.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
@pokebrad: hacking tools? Don't you mean Hacking Tool? It is called Lunar Magic. Search it on Google.

Good news everyone! Beta 2 is out! Download it off first post, any problems please post here.

~Berserk.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I have two questions
1: how do you patch super nintendo games
2: Is the world map the same as a regular mario world map?
Im just asking cause this is my favorite game and I always wanted to see something like this

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
It is quite simple.

1) Search google for lunar ips and download it.
Once you have downloaded it, open it up and say apply patch.
Select the .IPS (Patch file) to use, then select the original ROM. (Back-Up your original ROM)
And thats that.

2) It is still the same map for now, I might change it at a later date, but thats a minority right now.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Thnx dude and I really don't play originals so a back up won't be needed and didn't think you did as its still on the early stages of development and the world map is acually everything. See since this is super mario world to go to a stage you have to go to its point right? So the reason I asked is because isn't it important to have the world mp edited the first thing you did for warps and availible spaces of movement on paths and everything.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
The thing is i prefer to focus on the levels first, then i plan to go and edit the world map.
and yes the games over world map should be changed but the thing looks so complicated.

Maybe one day i will mess around with the over world map editor. It will happen, but not just now.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
gotcha the world map is hard when you think about it you got star world warps, changed pathing, that vine on the bridge and all sorts of thins i cant remember.
Edit: Ok I am evolving this stupid post to a useful post. I don't know if you know it or not but there is a site out there with everything for super mario world hacking and hacks fpr tools go here:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=list&type=tools

Last edited:

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
that is the best website if you want resources. anyway BP, different overworld map would be good and Dark Cookie, Overworld map isnt hard once you know what to do. making vines, Star warps etc. is done through events, which looks hard at first, but if you wanna include a "secret" route, you go one above it (A - Normal route, B - Secret Route)

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Checked it out, thanks for the site. but just 1 question... who knows a good SMW sprite editor (you know how it looks?) If you know that would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back