• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAshKetchum

Pokémon master.
Years
Either the amount of Zubat's in the game (run into one every 5 seconds in caves)
Or Lt. Surge's gym with the electric switches >.>

Super Red

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Going through Rock Tunnel and Mt. Moon. Every time I go through any of those caves I have dreams of getting attacked by Zubats that night.

Pokemon Tower, there was a Gastly like every 3 steps and it was just an overall irritating experience. I wasn't a fan of Rock Tunnel either.
I also hated the Pokemon Tower without the Silph Scope. I got scared of the ghosts when I was little.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
And I thought only a few people hated Rock Tunnel! It was one of the worst places to go through and it had me stuck for a couple of hours until I actually made my way to the exit, the relief! Until I saw there were more trainers between me and Lavender lol!

Also I can't forget how Blue swept my team with his LV 30-40 Venusaur in Silph. Co except for my LV 15-20 Bellsprout which couldn't be touched because of the types it is and Venusaur's attacks. Had to keep using Cut to slowly beat him, back then I just thought it was becuase they were plant type Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2011
I played Pokemon Blue when I was four. I was awful at it as I just kept battling trainers until my Squirtle was 20 levels above them and could barely beat them. Anyway when it got to the part where I needed to go to Saffron I couldn't get in as I didn't know that I needed to give the guard a drink. So for the next four years I wandered around until randomly I figured out what to do. However I had no problems for the rest of the game as my Blastoise was level 90 while the rest of my team were below 10. Also Silph Co and Saffron gym were annoying.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I can never remember which floor the Card Key is on in Silph Co. when I do run-throughs of the game... Also, I hate the part in Victory Road where you must push a boulder WAY to the left and onto a switch because I run into so many wild pokemon trying to do it.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
I hated the confusing damage multipliers. what, with types and such. that said, I played Gen II first, then Gen III, then, and only Gen I. It just didn't make sense to me. It incorporated ONE type and I often didn't know which.

I hated Zubats and Geodudes and Tentacools coming at you bro every five steps.

I hated Brock with a passion. Pikachu just isn't meant to do that sort of thing, and I didn't like Mankeys.

Diglett's Cave. Oh, my God. Fu-... uh, Fork that stupid cave.

>enter with Pikachu
>level 30 Dugtrio
>challengeaccepted.jpg uploaded
>few moves later
>Pikachu fainted!
>kills whole rest of party

That said, I didn't like having to start with perhaps the weakest pokemon in the game.

Grindan' in that game -- most difficult task ever. It is simply the worst. It took me the better part of half an hour to get Pidgeotto to 36 from 30 in the mid-20's grass outside of that one city, the one with Koga... I forget its name.

SILPH FORKIN' CO. Hated that God-forsaken place, with its oh-my-God-I-want-to-commit-murder teleporting panels.

All in all, it's a fine game, and it was the start to the best series ever made, but it wasn't my favorite out of said series. That was Silver, with no close second. Far second, sure, Black is awesome. But that's getting off topic.

Mentalii

Back
Years
The cave to go to Lavender Town was just the most horrible moment I remember. Ok, now I know it, I don't have any problem to pass through it, but when I was 6, when I entered in this cave for the first time, without Flash (I didn't really know the game and I guess I didn't know Flash existed either), with a few items like Potions etc, it was AWFUL ! When my Pokemon were almost KO I couldn't regress otherwise I had to begin again everything !
Yeah, a horrible moment for me...

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
I played Yellow when I was young, there was a few things that annoyed me, the rock tunnel (I didn't use flash!), Rocket Hideout under the game corner, since you spin at incredibly slow speed and last but not least, silph co. where I kept getting lost with all those teleporters lol.

poke are poke

mischievous
Years
ROCK TUNNEL!!!!!!! It ıs the only place you need to use flash ın and back then ı dıdnt know what HM slaves were

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Definitely Silph Co., it was extremely confusing and it took so long for me to complete. It was a long time ago since I was very young, but that is a particular part that I can remember. Also, the dark cave, somewhere in the beginning.

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
I hate Zubats and everything they stand for. EVERYTHING. THEY. STAND. FOR.

Besides those stupid, annoying, useless, pathetic excuses for Pokemon that JUST WON'T LEAVE ME ALOOOONE, Sabrina's Gym drives me crazy. I can't stand those stupid warp tiles anywhere, but at least the Rocket ones have the good manners to have an easy route back to where you started so you can try again. Sabrina's just throw you around and get you hopelessly lost. It also kind of bugs me that I keep having to double back to get stuff like the bike and the Poke Flute and stuff. Makes it very hard to keep track of where I am.... Recover and Rest can also go rot with all the Zubat. Stop healing when I'm trying to defeat you, dangit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back