• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gender Race v4.0 - [Emperors vs. Empresses]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014

This is probably why they're unforgettable..

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Why should there be a difference? Just tms would be fine with me.

That's just the point. They wouldn't be HMs anymore. Just more TMs. That's all I'm saying. I'm not voicing my opinion on this or not and thus am not really up for debate whether it should happen or not. Just stating things.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

Err, sorry If I come off that way. Not meaning to debate or anything like that. But what I was trying to say is that the only thing that seperates hms and tms is a hindering liability that I would like be removed. Maybe they could add a unique quality or attribute to hms to make them special or better?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

haha. no. I was just stating that before it ended up as a debate because it could have easily become one. Not sure what they could add to HMs to make them different but haha ok. I personally just didn't care these days because Fifth Gen (other than Victory Road in B/W2) made it so they just made things easier to go through. That said I didn't really use 'em at all. Not even Fly or Surf and if I did I would just take a Pokemon out then put them but if need be. And that was usually post game anyways.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years

Ok, I like, gotta see what a blog is now

@Binary so ya like walkin around the region on foot eh? :P Although b/w2 did slightly push you to use hms slightly more i would agree that they're usability much of a minority. Maybe they could revamp the hp moves or give them good side effects like say~ Strength-90 pwr, switches opposing poking out from battle. Idk

Last edited:

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years

I've both on and off understood why HMs are the way they are. I work it out in my head one time and forget it when it applies to the discussion at hand. Frustrating.

To prevent yourself from stranding yourself in an area you can only access through HMs, all you have to do is make HMs infinitely teachable. Why they can only be forgotten at a move deleter is beyond me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Ok, I like, gotta see what a blog is now

@Binary so ya like walkin around the region on foot eh? :P Although b/w2 did slightly push you to use hms slightly more i would agree that they're usability much of a minority. Maybe they could revamp the hp moves or give them good side effects like say~ Strength-90 pwr, switches opposing poking out from battle. Idk

Yup! Been doing so since Soul Silver! I think there was only one place that I would really want to get to that required Fly anyways. With Black 2 I'll probably fly to Irricus if I ever wanted to go there again because ugh Twist Mountain. Though I could go the looong route through Opelucid and such still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back