• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World

PkmnTrainerSeol

PokeBreeder Extraordinaire
Years
I've just started this game, maybe 3 hours into it? But I have to say, it's one of my favourite games already! The Characters, The World, The Battle System (which I absolutely adore). Everything about this game is just perfect!

Have any of you guys played it? I want to share my excitement!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
My feelings about this game are probably the complete opposite of yours. It's great that you're enjoying the game, so I don't want to rain on your parade by bashing it, lol. I'll just say that if I hadn't played the original ToS, then maybe my feelings for it might be a bit different.

PkmnTrainerSeol

PokeBreeder Extraordinaire
Years
My feelings about this game are probably the complete opposite of yours

I accept different opinions, don't worry! :) But yup, I haven't actually played the first one yet, so feelings may change. On a scale of one to ten though, how high would you rate the first game?

Nickle4aPickle

They/Them
Years
Me and my group of friends played it and adored it! We called it Symphoniamon. *giggles* X3 It's definitely worth it to invest in your monsters and level them up/evolve them. :D
Mind you, I never finished the original. XD;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
To be honest, I think Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World is a great game because it has a notsalgic factor from the origional Tales of Symphonia, but, it dooooes have things about it that can be better. For one thing, it's sort of unbalanced in a way, y'know? Sometimes you're either overwhelmed by the infinate Overlimit that certain bosses have (i.e Hawkie and Decus) and sometimes it's too easy, where you can basically leave the fighting to Emil, with your overpowered monsters in the back.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think that fighting with monsters for a change is a nice idea, but still, it kind of sucks that you don't get to physically level up the previous Tales of Symphonia characters; they're on a 'set level', as it were. Sometimes that can be a little irritating when you're playing on higher difficulties.

You know, I really wish Emil had his own party of human characters, y'know? Like, mosnters is okay, but, like the other previous Tales of Games, I was expecting that at least some of the elements returned to that game (ie. Level-up ready human characters, Magic Lens, etc). Like, for instance, Alice and Decus could of been in Emil's party... I mean, why not? Sure Alice and Marta had their differences, but, still... I'd like to see her and Decus as part of the party. Plus, to be honest, I liked Alcie and Decus more than Emil and Marta.

But eh, that's just me.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I loved this game and the monster catching. I also loved ToS1 (I am a huge Colette fan.). Both are great games although ToS2 lacks length. I think this game is bashed A LOT mainly because people miss the old cast, however that wasn't an issue for me. I enjoyed having Emil, Marta, and my 2 monsters the entire game. ^ ^ (There is cheating software that will allow you to unlock guest character exp and gear, by the way.)

I think it would be of been better if they made all original characters and changed the name, because it gave a lot of false impressions being advertised as a sequel. It wasn't much of a sequel at all, it's just the story about the adventures of Emil and Marta. Still, great game and I love it!

My advice, take the time to do all the side missions, playing on a hard difficulty, leveling up your monsters, etc. so you can enjoy the game longer. Rushing through it can quickly finish it in 20 hours or less, unlike the epic 60+ hours of ToS.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
You might be able to tell already, but a difference in how people view it depending on whether they have played the first game or not. Haven't? Great! You can enjoy Dawn of the New World without thinking back to the first game and thinking instead about how it lacks a lot of depth, length, and much more that the first game has.

Basically, Dawn of the New World is a good game. And for those who haven't played the first game it could even be more. But I'm one of those who have played the first game (and is a huge fan of it) so while I did enjoy DotNW it lacked a lot of what I felt in ToS1.

Also, not sure how it is not a sequel because it is definitely a sequel. Takes places two years after the first game and while it is following the adventures of Emil and Marta the original cast is still heavily involved. After all, Lloyd (or "Lloyd") is part of the reason why this game exists in the first place.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
I like Dawn of the New World, and I've played the original Tales of Symphonia. I haven't beaten either game though. (I actually don't presently own the original, so I can't really beat it right now anyways. xD)

Still stuck on the battle with Alice & Decus in the Ginnungap. :< Probably one of the most frustrating, if not the most frustrating, battles I've ever done. I've lost that battle so many times, I've lost count how many times I've lost that one battle. n_n Probably because Emil, Marta, & the monsters are horribly underlevelled.

Back